Game of Zones - SAVAGE Season 2 Topic

Posted by cmcafeeky on 8/7/2020 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 8/7/2020 12:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cmcafeeky on 8/6/2020 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by 24kpyrite on 8/6/2020 8:04:00 PM (view original):
Dont know why I read it as bds approaches with a giant gym bag full of 24 d*cks. That was weird

Sends story in a whole other direction
maybe a Freudian connection there somehow.... idk

Game of Thrones was a WINCE inducing epic,

especially Ramsay Bolton working on Theon Greyjoy - yikes

although Im thinking Ramsay Bolton just threw that to his dogs instead of filling up a gym bag...

which reminds me, I have a second round pick approaching that just might neuter my season....
stay tuned
*proceeds to re-enter deep introspection*
Deep? ....no
I'm more
slack jawed stupor ... or a lobotomized Jack Nicholson in one flew over cuckoo's nest
Fair enough.
8/7/2020 12:38 AM
Posted by robusk on 8/6/2020 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 8/6/2020 10:06:00 PM (view original):
I’ve never even seen an episode of Game of Thrones or Game of Zones and I still think this is amazing. Great job.
I never watched Game of Thrones. It has a map which violates one of my rules.

I avoid movies/tv shows:
1) in space (I’m fine if you are in one place but once you start traveling I am out)
2) in the forest
3) involving a map
4) involving magic
5) animated (although this went to **** after a kid)
So you're least favorite tv/movies would be:
- Star Wars - hits 4 and my kids watch a cartoon version so that one is all 5!
- LOTOR - hits 3
- Marvel movies hits 3 if you count their super powers being magic, maybe 4 if they are in the woods

8/7/2020 8:22 AM
Posted by jcred5 on 8/7/2020 8:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 8/6/2020 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 8/6/2020 10:06:00 PM (view original):
I’ve never even seen an episode of Game of Thrones or Game of Zones and I still think this is amazing. Great job.
I never watched Game of Thrones. It has a map which violates one of my rules.

I avoid movies/tv shows:
1) in space (I’m fine if you are in one place but once you start traveling I am out)
2) in the forest
3) involving a map
4) involving magic
5) animated (although this went to **** after a kid)
So you're least favorite tv/movies would be:
- Star Wars - hits 4 and my kids watch a cartoon version so that one is all 5!
- LOTOR - hits 3
- Marvel movies hits 3 if you count their super powers being magic, maybe 4 if they are in the woods

Oh man, I forgot to mention one of my other rules:
6) can’t have ore than one super hero in it.

That the universe would conspire to make one? Maybe. Making an entire fleet? Nah, I can’t suspend my disbelief for that.
8/7/2020 9:09 AM
What are your favorite shows/movies, Rob?

I don’t like most of that stuff either (although LOTR was really good IMO)
8/7/2020 9:19 AM
Posted by dBKC on 8/7/2020 9:19:00 AM (view original):
What are your favorite shows/movies, Rob?

I don’t like most of that stuff either (although LOTR was really good IMO)
I’m kind of movie crazy. You want the two sentence response or the two page response?
8/7/2020 9:49 AM
I’ve been watching SO MANY MOVIES thanks to Covid ruining the outside world. Let’s hear the two page version if you don’t mind.

some of the best movies I’ve seen recently:

Knives Out
The Shape of Water
Parasite
Room (not “The Room”, but “Room)
Blackkklansman
Midsommar (but wow)
Uncut Gems
8/7/2020 9:55 AM
Posted by dBKC on 8/7/2020 9:55:00 AM (view original):
I’ve been watching SO MANY MOVIES thanks to Covid ruining the outside world. Let’s hear the two page version if you don’t mind.

Knives Out
The Shape of Water
Parasite
Blackkklansman
Midsommar (but wow)
Uncut Gems
I didn't do Shape of Water and I can't really do horror so could not do Midsommar. The rest on your list are very good.
8/7/2020 11:02 AM
A lot of what I like fits into a couple categories: ****** action movies, quirky comedies (I love a lot of movies that get stamped with this “mumblecore” tag that I am not particularly fond of), westerns, capers/heists, karate and car chases. I’ll watch anything amazing directors like the Coen Brothers and PT Anderson do. I won’t bore people with all the mainstream, obvious stuff or the old classics (I could talk about spaghetti westerns all day). I also love watching absurdly bad movies with my close friends who are also film crazy just so we can make fun of them. A list of movies from the last 5-10 years ago that I really like a lot that (that I suspect you might not have seen) I can recommend are as follows:
  • Mumblecore comedies
    • Joe Swanberg makes a lot of movies I really dig.
      • Digging for Fire
      • Win It All
      • Drinking Buddies
      • Happy Christmas
    • Your Sister’s Sister
    • Cyrus
    • Safety Not Guranteed
  • Indie-ish One Man Wrecking Crew
    • Jeremy Saulnier is someone I want to call out because he hasn’t made a lot but what he does make is so good, if stressful and intense.
      • Green Room
      • Blue Ruin
    • Upgrade
    • The Guest
    • Wheelman
    • Hanna
    • Extraction
    • Shot Caller
  • Martial Arts
    • The Man From Nowhere
    • Raid series
    • Ip Man series
    • Kung Fu Jungle
    • Man of Tai Chi
    • Kill Zone series
    • Wolf Warrior series
    • Steven Chow movies
  • Westerns
    • Meek’s Cutoff
    • The Salvation
    • Hell or High Water
    • Bone Tomahawk
    • Open Range
  • Heist
    • Triple Frontier
    • Den of Thieves
    • Logan Lucky
    • Widows
In terms of TV shows, I am not exciting. I love The Wire (my favorite thing ever made and I watch it constantly), Deadwood, Justified, Watchmen (super well done), Westworld (the one form of sci-fi I love is a dystopian future so things like Blade Runner, etc.), Curb, honestly like half of what HBO does is awesome.
8/7/2020 11:02 AM
In the before times, I used to go to the movie theater a couple times a week after the girls went to bed or when I was traveling for work. I spend a lot of time on planes so crush movies then as well.
8/7/2020 11:16 AM
Posted by robusk on 8/7/2020 11:17:00 AM (view original):
In the before times, I used to go to the movie theater a couple times a week after the girls went to bed or when I was traveling for work. I spend a lot of time on planes so crush movies then as well.
I have three little kids. Two things I miss the most are pickup games and going to a movie by myself.
8/7/2020 11:35 AM
I directed a short play using Safety Not Guaranteed as the source material.

Lucky Logan is a ton of fun.
8/7/2020 11:38 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 8/7/2020 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 8/7/2020 11:17:00 AM (view original):
I have three little kids. Two things I miss the most are pickup games and going to a movie by myself.
My kid goes to bed at 7 on the dot and my wife is usually winding down at 8. So I can usually catch the 7:30 - 8:30 start shows without compromising any family time.
8/7/2020 11:50 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 8/7/2020 11:38:00 AM (view original):
I directed a short play using Safety Not Guaranteed as the source material.

Lucky Logan is a ton of fun.
The first sentence sounds wild and intriguing.
8/7/2020 11:51 AM
Posted by dBKC on 8/7/2020 9:55:00 AM (view original):

Knives Out
The Shape of Water
Parasite
Blackkklansman
Midsommar (but wow)
Uncut Gems
A24 is far and away the best studio in movie theaters going.

Knives Out was really, really funny. Daniel Craig as a Southern detective is so good
8/7/2020 11:56 AM
The story gets more wild and less intriguing.

it was performed in the round with minimal set. I cut it down to...15 minutes. It was performed by high school students. After dominating several competitions, it qualified for the State Final.

At State, people REALLY hated it.
8/7/2020 12:01 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...25 Next ▸
Game of Zones - SAVAGE Season 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.