Savage Pop Culture Topic

Posted by bds9992 on 8/13/2020 5:39:00 PM (view original):
So......I just stumbled upon The Umbrella Academy. It's really damn funny and good!
Just watched that. Really liked the first couple episodes. Thought the rest of season 1 was between okay and good. Didn’t care much for season two.
8/13/2020 5:43 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 8/13/2020 5:42:00 PM (view original):
So......I just stumbled upon The Umbrella Academy. It's really damn funny and good!
I just finished the 2nd season
Don't spoil it, Mom just got deactivated. Poor Mom!
8/13/2020 5:43 PM
Blazers-Nets. Why does Dame have to be so damn good? Go Suns/Nets
8/13/2020 10:20 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 8/13/2020 5:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 8/13/2020 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I just finished the 2nd season
Don't spoil it, Mom just got deactivated. Poor Mom!
Just starting season 2. And figuring out whether I’m interested in Jericho.
8/14/2020 11:58 AM
Mary J. Blige is a really good actor! I didn't even realize it was her because I've never seen her act, but she's great!
8/14/2020 9:04 PM
I'll be brutally honest and say that my recent experiences in the commentary thread have thrown me for a loop, so much so that I felt the need to articulate some of my thoughts. Here they are. I think it behooves us to examine what cancellation is. I know my approval rating has taken a sizable hit in the last couple of days here, and I really am sorry about that, BUT I also prioritize personal freedom and always have, so, the link will take you to my own calculations therein.

Feels like something we should hash out, but, you know, we don't always hash things out. Sometimes we run/hide/block. That's fair. Harm reduction is good.
8/15/2020 12:18 PM
Bds, lots of us like to mess with each other and critique picks here. I don’t think anyone bears you any ill will. Sorry if it felt like that.
8/15/2020 4:02 PM
but Edgar Wright though, the Cornetto trilogy is amazing (especially the first two, Shaun is part of our annual Halloween twofer (along with Young Frankenstein) Hot Fuzz is a remote drop - I'm still coming around on World's End) and it's a good thing I didn't see Baby Driver in the theatre because the minute that Hocus Pocus by Focus sequence started I would have been standing and screaming "YEAH!!!!" at the screen and it would have freaked people out (you don't come across many songs that have yodeling, whistle breakdowns, Mel Blanc impressions, rocking guitar riffs, massive drum fills and rock flute solos all in one package)

Wright was originally supposed to direct Ant Man which would have been pretty cool but probably not fitting with Kevin Feige's overall MCU vision - after reading the Ernest Cline book Ready Player One I just knew Edgar Wright was the right guy for the job but they picked that Spielberg guy instead and the movie turned out bloated and just kind of meh
8/15/2020 7:06 PM
Q: Did Raekwon and Cee Lo Green record a song about Marvin Williams? https://youtu.be/BYI91sneTZM

A: Not really, it’s about Marvin Gaye. False advertising, sorry.
8/15/2020 7:10 PM
Which hip hop artist(s) with 5 or more albums should I name my next set of Savage teams after? (Keep in mind I did Kendrick last season, and have done Biggie, Jay-Z, J.Cole & Big Sean in other leagues)
Votes: 6
(Last vote received: 8/16/2020 5:01 PM)
8/16/2020 4:40 PM
Of those three, Nas because he’s one of the GOATs.
However, if we’re going off of pure savagery, I’d suggest Big L, Busta Rhymes, KRS-One, Ja Rule (check out Loose Change if you don’t believe me), NWA/Ice Cube or even Eminem. Q-Tip/ATCQ isn’t really isn’t so savage but I won’t knock it
8/16/2020 4:45 PM
Voted Drake for no reason aside from you being Canadian
8/16/2020 4:48 PM
Outkast. So many great songs, and more stylistic changes on a single album than most MCs/bands have in their catalog. Plus, if you're using Outkast you should be able to use the Dungeon Family album.
8/16/2020 4:55 PM
Aquemini you and I
8/16/2020 4:55 PM

Of those three, Nas because he’s one of the GOATs. However, if we’re going off of pure savagery, I’d suggest Big L, Busta Rhymes, KRS-One, Ja Rule (check out Loose Change if you don’t believe me), NWA/Ice Cube or even Eminem. Q-Tip/ATCQ isn’t really isn’t so savage but I won’t knock it

I thought about Em but his best albums name wise are his worst ones quality wise lol. Nobody wants to root for The Marshall Mathers LP.

I love Big L but he doesn't have a big enough discography. Grew up on Busta and Cube, two of my older brothers' faves, will definitely put them in consideration.
Voted Drake for no reason aside from you being Canadian

Take Care is definitely in my top 10 personal favorite albums of all time. So Far Gone would have to be close as well. That era where Drizzy was coming up and Wayne was still debatably in his prime was such a fun time in my life.
Outkast. So many great songs, and more stylistic changes on a single album than most MCs/bands have in their catalog. Plus, if you're using Outkast you should be able to use the Dungeon Family album.
Hell yeah jp! I have to admit I was leaning towards Outkast when I made the poll, been on an ATLiens and Aquemini kick lately and loving every second of it.

The only one to vote Other so far is benhoidal. Any suggestions, ben?
8/16/2020 8:30 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Savage Pop Culture Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.