Savage II World 6 Topic

I am only recently trying to incorporate some gaming into my life since I am home all the time now. I am kind of a social busy body, so I am used to never being home. It has been a big adjustment. Definitely drinking too much wine. I recently read some stuff about a dude who is adding all the historical teams to an NBA2K add-on.

So, I loved helping Ben with all the writing last season but I don't think I have it in me to write a bunch more parodies.

Instead, I am going to use this dude's mod and build out the Savage teams. I am going to use the median version of each owners player and create a single roster for each team. My hope is to simulate handfuls of games every few days to try and keep pace with the real leagues. A couple of times a week I will try and provide standings along with the highlights.

Like I said, I am pretty new to this stuff. I don't know how much it will bug out or how hard it will be to pull off. I am going to try and set the rotation minutes around the averages of their MPG for the top players and then set the bench rotation as much as it makes sense, but if after the rosters are completed, you want to send me any team specifics, let me know.. Otherwise, I will just let the computer set the rotation.

I'll build everything out when the draft is complete and update this post. Feel free to post any thoughts on stuff I can incorporate, but know I am not looking to make this too labor intensive.
8/10/2020 3:43 PM (edited)
I’m looking forward to this
8/10/2020 3:22 AM
8/10/2020 4:17 AM
I predict my team built around MJ will do much better in this format.

Though I'm not sure the NBA 2k sim is going to like Brent Barry all that much.
8/11/2020 10:15 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/11/2020 10:15:00 AM (view original):
I predict my team built around MJ will do much better in this format.

Though I'm not sure the NBA 2k sim is going to like Brent Barry all that much.
When I was just scanning the rosters yesterday to see who might outperform WiS, yours definitely jumped out to me.
8/11/2020 10:29 AM
2k will like Oscar a lot more than WIS. Webber, too. Emeka? Gheorghe? LARRY SANDERS!? Probably not so much. Paul Silas? Yiiiiikes.

I still can't believe I took Silas & Emeka at the 4/5 turn.
8/11/2020 5:54 PM
I remember trying to do something similar a while back on my own time with one of the ODL's. I ended up giving up because I was too lazy to make/edit my own players and there was no way in hell I was finding a downloadable roster with people like Charlie Edge, Tom Boerwinkle, etc.
8/11/2020 6:44 PM
Posted by mptrey on 8/11/2020 6:44:00 PM (view original):
I remember trying to do something similar a while back on my own time with one of the ODL's. I ended up giving up because I was too lazy to make/edit my own players and there was no way in hell I was finding a downloadable roster with people like Charlie Edge, Tom Boerwinkle, etc.
I actually did it for ODL twice too. It was fun but I didn’t stick with it. Just played a couple games.
8/11/2020 7:01 PM
The ABA guys are the tricky ones.
8/11/2020 7:02 PM
I made my 52 team this year
8/11/2020 7:04 PM
I am not creating any players. That could add too much bias. This dude Hawk23 has built super rosters with every NBA team going back to like 1955.
8/11/2020 7:09 PM
8/11/2020 7:10 PM
Apparently 2k14 was the last version where they were able to use all these crazy robust modding tools for the PC version so there is a super dedicated community around stuff like this.
8/11/2020 7:15 PM
They still do a lot of modding and stuff in 2k20. I don't know what the difference is though; the last 2k I bought was 2k11... for the 360.
8/11/2020 7:24 PM
I think the issues with the missing for the new vintages isn’t the complete lack of modding but that there are caps on the max number of teams and players that can exist in the database. It was a big enough limit they didn’t make as much tooling for it I guess.
8/12/2020 10:49 PM (edited)
12345 Next ▸
Savage II World 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.