Savage II World 6 Topic

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to happen. There is a mod for all the legends that you can use for a fantasy draft. It includes basically everyone we drafted. I tried to do the fantasy draft with it a couple times tonight. There are two primary issues.

1) The recent vintages of the mod have some issue that cause them to crash constantly on certain players.
2) The older, more stable versions of the mod do not include people like Giannis and Luka.

I looked to see if there were options for NBA 2k19 or NBA 2k15 which I also own, but there are not. There does not seem to be any way I can make it work without absurd amount of work put in by me. I do spend a lot of time on this site, but I also have a life to live and I am not spending dozens of hours getting this **** to even just work at the basic level. Sorry guys.
8/22/2020 12:52 AM
I accept this. Ten points to Gryffndor for the attempt.
8/22/2020 2:11 AM
Posted by robusk on 8/22/2020 12:52:00 AM (view original):
Unfortunately I don't think this is going to happen. There is a mod for all the legends that you can use for a fantasy draft. It includes basically everyone we drafted. I tried to do the fantasy draft with it a couple times tonight. There are two primary issues.

1) The recent vintages of the mod have some issue that cause them to crash constantly on certain players.
2) The older, more stable versions of the mod do not include people like Giannis and Luka.

I looked to see if there were options for NBA 2k19 or NBA 2k15 which I also own, but there are not. There does not seem to be any way I can make it work without absurd amount of work put in by me. I do spend a lot of time on this site, but I also have a life to live and I am not spending dozens of hours getting this **** to even just work at the basic level. Sorry guys.
would it be feasible for you to avoid players who are causing the crash,
by using a substitute player that is VERY close or has very similar attributes?
(probably not)

Im not meddling in your business - I like your original idea...

8/22/2020 12:04 PM
or two 12 team leagues?
8/22/2020 12:06 PM
Could you skip the fantasy draft and just adjust team rosters to match our rosters and do custom league settings for a 24 team league maybe?

Also, if you wanna just say screw it then I totally get that too!
8/22/2020 12:17 PM
Posted by dBKC on 8/22/2020 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Could you skip the fantasy draft and just adjust team rosters to match our rosters and do custom league settings for a 24 team league maybe?

Also, if you wanna just say screw it then I totally get that too!
This I might be able to do if I use the modding tools myself. I’ll take a look at it.
8/22/2020 12:48 PM
I am through 9 teams trying to use these sketchy Russian tools to mod this roster together.
8/25/2020 1:31 AM
I am optimistic this may be done today. I am trying to use the median rating for each player. I will give an overall summary of the teams when it is done, before I start simulating games.
8/28/2020 1:09 PM
So I spent like 4 days, probably like 10 hours trying to do this with the Russian tools. I couldn't get it quite right. So I found a contact for the guy who made the mod with every historical NBA season and paid him $40 to make this for us. He sent it to me an hour or two ago and I am just testing it.

Every player matches every team. For players with more than one season, he used the median rating. So far it is looking pretty good. I let the computer set what it thinks is the best rotation. The only issue is that it looks like there might be some issues with position assignment that I will try and take a look at.

Here are the teams that I assigned to everyone (If I knew enough about you, I tried to make them relevant. In some cases I had no idea. Also, you can't run a season with less than 30 teams so the Pelicans, Heat, Cavs, Kings, Nets and Nuggets were unused. That let me have one team full of minimum rating players per division):
Governor Team
dh555 76ers
albiband0 Rockets
20ks Bucks
jhsukow Pacers
mptrey Raptors
amerk1180 Bulls
pharrop Celtics
dBKC Clippers
ashamael Grizzlies
24kpyrite Hawks
tarheel1991 Hornets
dskantor Jazz
mikee1 Knicks
jcred5 Lakers
pexetera Magic
jpevans31 Mavericks
cmcafeeky Pistons
gerryred Spurs
bds9992 Suns
goetz93 Thunder
benhoidal Timberwolves
robusk Trail Blazers
ysw128 Warriors
longtallbrad Wizards
8/28/2020 9:51 PM (edited)
I love it.
8/28/2020 9:49 PM
Cool stuff. I'm a Pacers guy, if you keep running this in future seasons :)
8/28/2020 10:18 PM
Posted by jpevans31 on 8/28/2020 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Cool stuff. I'm a Pacers guy, if you keep running this in future seasons :)
Cool. I think jhsukow is too so maybe whoever finishes highest can have it next season. I just went with a Texas team for pseudo proximity to Alabama since Atlanta and Memphis were already gone. Pelicans would have worked too but I needed one team per division to go unused.
8/28/2020 10:27 PM
This is great work. Thanks man.

Mind giving us a couple of player ratings so that we could see what the median average looks like for a few guys?
8/28/2020 10:37 PM
Posted by dBKC on 8/28/2020 10:37:00 PM (view original):
This is great work. Thanks man.

Mind giving us a couple of player ratings so that we could see what the median average looks like for a few guys?
I don't know when of if I will get to that since there is no way other than me writing **** down on paper.

I do plan to post everyone's team offense, defense and overall rankings before bed if I can. Have to bake a cake and wrap presents right now.
8/28/2020 10:41 PM
No rush! Bake that cake!
8/28/2020 10:42 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Savage II World 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.