Posted by tangplay on 8/19/2020 4:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wdfox on 8/19/2020 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/19/2020 2:09:00 PM (view original):
WIS can do what they like to regulate their platform as long as they aren't violating protected class rules.
Absolutely uniformed.
Anyone can claim to be a member of a protected class and it is against federal law to force them to prove it.
So, by your standard. All doug would have to do is claim to be a member of a protected class and his suspension would be lifted.
Lmao that's not true and not how protected classes work
Protected status is defined as an individual’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history (including genetic information), status as a parent, marital status, or political affiliation.
8/19/2020 5:50 PM
Posted by wdfox on 8/19/2020 5:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/19/2020 4:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wdfox on 8/19/2020 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/19/2020 2:09:00 PM (view original):
WIS can do what they like to regulate their platform as long as they aren't violating protected class rules.
Absolutely uniformed.
Anyone can claim to be a member of a protected class and it is against federal law to force them to prove it.
So, by your standard. All doug would have to do is claim to be a member of a protected class and his suspension would be lifted.
Lmao that's not true and not how protected classes work
Protected status is defined as an individual’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history (including genetic information), status as a parent, marital status, or political affiliation.
I've never seen this demonstrated anywhere before. Can you link me a source on this? You can get fired for having a different political opinion in America.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-employers-discriminate-based-on-political-beliefs-or-affiliation.html#:~:text=Other%20federal%20laws%20prohibit%20discrimination,affiliations%20in%20making%20job%20decisions.
8/19/2020 8:52 PM
California law added political protection to employment law to protect communist in the work place.
Guess who it apply s to now.
https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/labor/harassment/political-retaliation/
8/19/2020 10:23 PM
...ok, I wasn't aware of California's law. Nationally, though, I'm still correct. And as far as I'm aware, that only applies to California.
8/20/2020 12:37 AM
1. WIS is a private company, free speech laws do not apply to private entities. 2. Free speech should never extend to hate speech. Hopefully a Biden presidency allows progressives to put through some legislation condemning and criminalizing hate speech to a greater extent. I want us to get to Europe's level in this regard. Have heard wonderful stories about racists being surprised by the police at their door after a racist or anti-immigrant tweet. We need there to be repercussions for disseminating hate speech online. Only then will we stall the spread of American fascism (i.e trumpism)
8/21/2020 9:27 AM
First half-way reasonable post I've seen from (whatever he chooses to be called today). Maybe he's actually learning something now that he's mingling with the "little people".
8/21/2020 10:13 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/19/2020 12:31:00 PM (view original):
No one, who is an actual WIS user should be banned from posting. It's Un-American.
Says the guy who blocks people, hypocrite!
8/21/2020 5:03 PM
LOL.
Says the guy so stupid He just wildly attacks without ammo.
"Blocking" just prevents ME from having to see a stupid person's post.
It's NOT preventing them from posting or banning them from the site.

Do you not have a dictionary...........or a functioning mind?
Never mind........I suspect I already know the answer to that last one!
8/21/2020 5:10 PM
Why is behead suddenly rearing his head or is it head in his rear.
8/21/2020 5:38 PM
Posted by coreander on 8/21/2020 9:28:00 AM (view original):
1. WIS is a private company, free speech laws do not apply to private entities. 2. Free speech should never extend to hate speech. Hopefully a Biden presidency allows progressives to put through some legislation condemning and criminalizing hate speech to a greater extent. I want us to get to Europe's level in this regard. Have heard wonderful stories about racists being surprised by the police at their door after a racist or anti-immigrant tweet. We need there to be repercussions for disseminating hate speech online. Only then will we stall the spread of American fascism (i.e trumpism)
Great post
8/21/2020 5:40 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 8/21/2020 5:03:00 PM (view original):
No one, who is an actual WIS user should be banned from posting. It's Un-American.
... how is this hypocritical?
8/21/2020 5:49 PM
I'm gonna speculate. Because you don't know the difference between "ban" and "block"???, which is why I mentioned the dictionary.

I think the real answer to why behead "raised his rear-head" is because I likely posted something harsh and insensitive weeks or months ago in response to a post of his I felt was somehow "incorrect" (could mean stupid, fascist, etc--I really don't know) and in doing so I likely said something that "bunched his panties" or embarrassed him by calling him out or some such.

He's likely been lurking on and off ever since trying to catch ME saying something stupid or wrong or "hypocritical" so's he could call me out and try and belittle me.

Might work, If'n he was smart enough to know when I was actually wrong or stupid or biased or racist, etc.
I try NOT to be those things, but I'm human.
Once in a blue moon, I'm even wrong.................and I'm always insensitive and not so tolerant.
It is what it is.

But I could be wrong.
8/21/2020 6:02 PM
Once I was wrong
because I mistakenly
thought I was wrong
8/21/2020 6:17 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/21/2020 5:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 8/21/2020 5:03:00 PM (view original):
... how is this hypocritical?
If you block someone you choose not to listen to them, You are silencing their voice, even if it is just to yourself. Banning someone is the same thing only on a greater scale.

Go Bernie!
8/21/2020 10:36 PM
No, it is not even close to the same thing. Banning someone is preventing them from speaking/posting. If I block someone they can still post/speak all they want. I just choose not to read it, which is my choice. Would it be okay if I chose not to block someone but avoided reading their posts? If so, why is that any different?
8/21/2020 10:54 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.