Trump or Biden ? Topic

Fracking is a stupid technology. Unnecessary and too expensive. Fracking should bed stopped.
8/25/2020 8:52 AM
fracking is stopped

when the price of oil is under $60 a barrel or something like that

the argument could be made, if realpolitic energy security is your thing, that the Bushes were Texas brilliant when they went into Iraq

drove the price higher, made fracking possible, made oil buddies millions, made the US impervious to OPEC's shenanigans

as long as we don't mind flatland temblers and oil in our water table

you could say

the ayatollah did it the first time, the second time we did it on our own

8/25/2020 10:04 AM (edited)
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/25/2020 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 8/24/2020 8:23:00 PM (view original):
We'll get more recent with Biden's lies. In a DNC commercial he is shown saying he is "for Pensylvania", but he has repeatedly promised one of his 1st moves as POTUS would be to put hundreds of thousands of PA coal and fracking workers on Unemployment by abolishing their jobs. That's certainly not "for PA". Which is the lie? How do we know?
A) One could argue that the environmental advantages benefit millions of Pennsylvanians

B) This is goign to be a really impressive trick. The most generous estimates - from within the industries, most private estimates are substantially lower - would suggest there are a little over 5000 coal workers in PA and 26000 jobs associated with fracking. Biden's going to cost hundreds of thousands of those 30,000 people out of work? It's a miracle! Maybe whoever told you these numbers can do the same with some loaves and fish and feed all these newly starving mouths.
I used the 636,000 National number for fracking, instead of the PA number. Totally my mistake. Still, putting people out of work is NOT being for them.

P.S. See how easy it is to admit when you're wrong or make a mistake. Some of you guys really need to try it.
8/25/2020 9:57 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/25/2020 9:57:00 AM (view original):
We'll get more recent with Biden's lies. In a DNC commercial he is shown saying he is "for Pensylvania", but he has repeatedly promised one of his 1st moves as POTUS would be to put hundreds of thousands of PA coal and fracking workers on Unemployment by abolishing their jobs. That's certainly not "for PA". Which is the lie? How do we know?
A) One could argue that the environmental advantages benefit millions of Pennsylvanians

B) This is goign to be a really impressive trick. The most generous estimates - from within the industries, most private estimates are substantially lower - would suggest there are a little over 5000 coal workers in PA and 26000 jobs associated with fracking. Biden's going to cost hundreds of thousands of those 30,000 people out of work? It's a miracle! Maybe whoever told you these numbers can do the same with some loaves and fish and feed all these newly starving mouths.
I used the 636,000 National number for fracking, instead of the PA number. Totally my mistake. Still, putting people out of work is NOT being for them.

P.S. See how easy it is to admit when you're wrong or make a mistake. Some of you guys really need to try it.
Saying you were wrong once every 500 times is no big deal.
8/25/2020 10:12 AM
Posted by dino27 on 8/24/2020 8:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/24/2020 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 8/20/2020 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wiredon65 on 8/20/2020 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I voted for Mary Anne, but prefer Ginger.
The old Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate.
Yeah, how is Mary Anne on the list but not Ginger? Invalid election!
I picked Mary Anne but I would stuff the ballot box for each of them.
Meh, Ginger was high-maintenance Hollywood sleaze.

Mary Ann was coconut cream pie served wearing an apron and nothing else.
8/25/2020 10:47 AM
I always got the feeling the Mary Ann was the wilder of the 2.
8/25/2020 11:11 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/25/2020 9:57:00 AM (view original):

Yes, he will potentially put them out of work and....

hint: here's what he has to say on the website:

Secure the benefits coal miners and their families have earned. As marketplace competition continues to shift the country away from coal-fired electricity, we have an obligation to these workers who’ve worked hard and sacrificed for the rest of us. Biden will make sure coal miners and their families receive not only the respect they deserve but also the pensions and health benefits they have been promised. Congress should do the right thing and pass legislation now to protect the retirement benefits owed to miners, their dependents, and their widows. But if Congress doesn’t act before Biden takes office, he will make sure we fulfill this obligation. And, Biden will increase coal companies’ payments into the black lung benefits program, reform the black lung benefits system so it is no longer rigged in favor of coal companies who can hire lawyers and doctors to ensure miners’ benefits are denied, expand efforts to help miners detect black lung cases earlier and access care, and enforce regulations to reduce cases of black lung in the first place.

Invest in coal and power plant communities and other communities impacted by the climate transformation. Each of these communities are necessary. We can’t write them off or act like they don’t matter. Each has assets that can be leveraged to diversify their economies, create good, middle class jobs, and help the country get stronger – assets like a rich culture, natural beauty, a proven workforce, and entrepreneurial spirit. The federal government should be a partner to help these communities capitalize on these strengths and build vibrant communities where good jobs are available and young people want to stay or return home. To support coal and power plant workers and their communities, President Biden will make an unprecedented investment building upon the vision put forward in the Obama-Biden Administration’s Power+ Plan. And, he’ll establish a Task Force on Coal and Power Plant Communities, as the Obama-Biden Administration did for Detroit when the auto industry was in turmoil. For example, the Task Force will help these communities access federal investments and leverage private sector investments to help create high-paying union jobs based upon the unique assets of each community, partner with unions and community colleges to create training opportunities for these new jobs, repair infrastructure, keep public employees like firefighters and teachers on the payroll, and keep local hospitals open.

8/25/2020 11:48 AM
I don't know how all3 doesn't realize this, but coal jobs are dying one way or another. I would argue that investing in these communities as Biden plans to do is in the workers long-term benefit.
8/25/2020 11:51 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 8/25/2020 10:04:00 AM (view original):
fracking is stopped

when the price of oil is under $60 a barrel or something like that

the argument could be made, if realpolitic energy security is your thing, that the Bushes were Texas brilliant when they went into Iraq

drove the price higher, made fracking possible, made oil buddies millions, made the US impervious to OPEC's shenanigans

as long as we don't mind flatland temblers and oil in our water table

you could say

the ayatollah did it the first time, the second time we did it on our own

AWESOME!!! A Billie Joe reference.

I can't help it............ I can't leave that Black rose alone....................

KUDOS on your country music taste bags!
8/25/2020 12:07 PM
Take me back to Muhlenberg County down by the green river where Paradise lay.
I'm sorry my son but you're too late in asking..............

Mr. Peabody's coal train done hauled it away.

RIP John!
8/25/2020 12:09 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/25/2020 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Ginger was doing it to advance her career.

Mary Ann was doing it because SHE LIKED IT. Plus she was a farm girl...
8/25/2020 12:10 PM
I know I said I'd stop posting but I have to respond to this. You admit Trump lies constantly, but are still willing to vote for him, but you have a problem with Biden's lies? Remember? They are politicians. Lying is what they do.
8/25/2020 12:16 PM
So........ some strange feral cat had kittens under our deck. 3 of them. A mottled one, a blondish male, and a skinny little all black one with green eyes.
They hung around for weeks. We wouldn't feed them, hoping they'd move on. To the neighbor lady that feeds all the ferals!

Apparently 2 did. OR became feed for the hawks, eagles, osprey's or some such. Not to mention coyotes, bobcats, dogs, etc.
But, the little black one hung around and kept getting more and more social and brave............laying around in plain site as my lady and I enjoyed beverages and music in the evenings. I SWEAR the little kitty liked the music and was also trying to appeal for help.

Longer story short. Eventually we gave in and began to feed her some.
She hangs around and watches everything we do these days.

We named her Rose. Black Rose.
8/25/2020 12:32 PM
shaver is the greatest

your new cat is the smartest

they both got you pegged for a softie
8/25/2020 12:36 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 8/25/2020 12:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 8/25/2020 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Ginger was doing it to advance her career.

Mary Ann was doing it because SHE LIKED IT. Plus she was a farm girl...
I don’t think ginger was on the casting couch but yeah I think ginger was the more demure.
8/25/2020 12:57 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Trump or Biden ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.