ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Posted by benhoidal on 8/20/2020 10:19:00 PM (view original):
That has no bearing on calculating pick times nor has anyone stated they wish to do so for this draft. No more talking about it in this forum please.
"2. Nah, none of that is true. Whatever. Moving on."

bds9992 - in fact, I objected to it immediately
8/20/2020 10:11 PM

bds9992 - Yeah, guys, c'mon. This is petty, don't you think? Chill.
8/6/2020 1:33 PM

So I misremembered exactly what I said, but the sentiment is pretty clear.

Care to retract?

8/20/2020 10:26 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 8/20/2020 10:19:00 PM (view original):
That has no bearing on calculating pick times nor has anyone stated they wish to do so for this draft. No more talking about it in this forum please.
See, this is where the notion of things getting lost in translation comes in. It has no bearing on CALCULATING pick times, but it has plenty of bearing on the pick times themselves. Simply put, it makes them longer. You see it now?

Pre-emptively, I would appreciate it if we did not do that until most peoples' lives returned to normal. If anyone was thinking about making that a new thing, I would insist very much that they not do that. That would include you. Fair?
8/20/2020 10:27 PM
Oh my god. None of this matters. Can we please stick to evaluating picks and talking about how excited we are for the 19-20 players and stuff like that please?
8/20/2020 10:29 PM
Suspend your disbelief, dB. I think people have been sufficiently discouraged. As long as no one tries something like that, we're cool.
8/20/2020 10:30 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 8/20/2020 10:21:00 PM (view original):
With the new players and missing the last four drafts, I think I might continue my losing ways. Happy to be back though.
You’ll be great man. The first draft after a new season drops is always wild.
8/20/2020 10:31 PM
Posted by dBKC on 8/20/2020 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Oh my god. None of this matters. Can we please stick to evaluating picks and talking about how excited we are for the 19-20 players and stuff like that please?
Yes please. If this stuff doesn’t end immediately you can just nullify my trade and find someone to fill my spot. I’m on the verge of quitting this site over the crap going on here. This place is supposed to be fun. Analyzing decisions is part of the tradition. It’s a f’ing stats site. This community has always been tight. I don’t know wtf is going on lately.
8/20/2020 10:33 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/20/2020 10:31:00 PM (view original):
With the new players and missing the last four drafts, I think I might continue my losing ways. Happy to be back though.
That is a good point, Probably a good time to jump back in.
8/20/2020 10:34 PM
On the topic of picks, yeah, HDS1 did delete his pick, but came up with the same guy jh made a image about. No worries, then.
8/20/2020 10:36 PM
I am super torn between two, maybe three people. It is not easy, but I'm glad to be closer to 1 again.
8/20/2020 10:36 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/20/2020 10:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 8/20/2020 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Yes please. If this stuff doesn’t end immediately you can just nullify my trade and find someone to fill my spot. I’m on the verge of quitting this site over the crap going on here. This place is supposed to be fun. Analyzing decisions is part of the tradition. It’s a f’ing stats site. This community has always been tight. I don’t know wtf is going on lately.
I would hate to see Rob go because of someone acting so childishly. I would obviously support him and his decision and accept the nullify.
8/20/2020 10:38 PM
You guys are hilarious.
8/20/2020 10:41 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 8/20/2020 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 8/20/2020 10:31:00 PM (view original):
That is a good point, Probably a good time to jump back in.
That being said, I don’t see anyone who is a second round pick who wasn’t already. It’s a decent year for depth but a bad year for studs. At least until we see the defensive drops.
8/20/2020 10:42 PM
“This is the ODL. This is a big boy league...”

I have thought that since way back in 2006 when I got in it my first time. That is why I was incredulous when, on the night of the big savage blow-up, one said the ODL is for “bookkeepers and money managers”. It was the day Steph brought home the title for us. Talk about being a Debbie downer. I was thinking we accomplished something when all I was is a good bookkeeper. I was all set to name our savage teams Bookkeepers & Money Managers but decided against it for harmony sakes.
8/20/2020 10:44 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 10:44:00 PM (view original):

I have thought that since way back in 2006 when I got in it my first time. That is why I was incredulous when, on the night of the big savage blow-up, one said the ODL is for “bookkeepers and money managers”. It was the day Steph brought home the title for us. Talk about being a Debbie downer. I was thinking we accomplished something when all I was is a good bookkeeper. I was all set to name our savage teams Bookkeepers & Money Managers but decided against it for harmony sakes.
I think that was the night I blocked that dude.l who said that. It couldn’t be a more idiotic statement. It is the closest thing on this site to real team building. Dh555 came up with something cool but it still feels like just assembling the most assets (not a disparagement; it is so much fun). The ODL truly feels like unlocking a team by finding the right pieces that fit together. It is head and shoulders above everything else to me.

Which is also why I can’t just sit around and watch it turn into a sh**show.
8/20/2020 10:50 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/20/2020 10:44:00 PM (view original):

“bookkeepers and money managers” - I mean, that is literally this website, and those who don't understand that are usually not very good at it. And hey, look, that was the opinion of someone who is 1) not very good at the sim & 2) not a very nice person. Don't let the amerks & the bdses of the site ruin your fun. You made a dominant team in the longest running and most competitive league of the sim. Bask in that glory. You ******* earned it.

8/20/2020 10:51 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.