ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/27/2020 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Two of the guys most impacted by the 19-20 release, Doncic and Lillard, go back to back.

The 19-20 Doncic season is interesting. It's basically a weird hybrid of Harden/Lebron, but with some notable drawbacks - not quite the elite level efg%, much lower D, and lower minutes. The minutes concern me because one of the biggest problems with Harden (and to lesser extent Lebron) is how to back him up with someone who is reasonably close in terms of assists and usage, and thereby avoid big swings in those stats in your lineups. And that problem is exacerbated by needing somewhere around 1600 backup minutes vs 1000 or 1200. But all of those things, while concerns, are the reasons Luka is going in the third round, not top 2 like Lebron or top 20 like Harden. I think middle of the third may be a tad high for Luka, but we'll see how Tau does with him; certainly he has the skills to pull it off.

Not sure it's a great idea, but I had the idea of putting Lillard with Barkley almost immediately after drafting Charles. The post/perimeter scoring just offsets so well. But of course that means you need a great perimeter defender between them; enter Erving. I'm now kind of in cap hell because I'm using a big-boy Erving, and spending roughly $9 mil per player on my first three picks. Probably not a wise ODL strategy. But man, I love that 19-20 Lillard season in this league. 56% efg plus tons of FT at 89%, 300 threes, 24% assist, and low turnovers/fouls. Not many teams are going to be able to deal with Lillard/Dr. J/Barkley at the 1/2/3. And all I really need now is low-usage posts; though I can already tell I'm really going to scraping the bottom of the barrel for those given my salary situation (like, guys you've never seen in the ODL before).
I think that Lillard sesaon will have him in the 2nd round once the league "calibrates"
8/27/2020 2:51 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/27/2020 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 8/27/2020 10:50:00 AM (view original):
is not Chicago?
Founders is in Grand Rapids MI.
is chicago... is not chicago - it's a soul coughing lyric - geez are me and bds the only ones who know anything about music around here?
8/27/2020 6:10 PM (edited)
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/27/2020 1:19:00 PM (view original):
That new Adebayo season is a great fit as long as you can play him next to a board lord with good D and lots of boards. Someone like...Deandre Jordan perhaps?

jhsukow still has to get a bunch of usage. It's risky to wait so long to take it. But certainly an intriguing start. There's one guy in particular I think I'd be targeting after those first two picks; see if jhsukow thinks the same.
I am about as sure as one can be during a pandemic combined with civil unrest that Bam should get to like 80D here by the time the league starts.
8/27/2020 7:00 PM
The one other time I remember doing a bunch of trades in the ODL, my team was mediocre af and tarheel1991 smoked me in the division. Doesn’t bode well for me.
8/28/2020 10:35 AM
I might be rooting against the Bam D upgrade after spending big on a guy that has seemed to fall out favor in the ODL
8/28/2020 6:03 PM
I am really trying to thread the needle on this team.
8/28/2020 6:21 PM
Finished the comments through Round 3. Might not have any more until the end as I they started getting redundant.
8/28/2020 6:33 PM
You guys keep talking about defense boosts coming - when do we expect this? I don't think I can use this Giannis if they are only giving him 74 D.
8/30/2020 7:14 PM
Starting to like my team a little bit. Still need another starter, but I think that is a v good gameplan in the ODL
8/30/2020 9:33 PM
your perimeter D will certainly be stout
8/30/2020 11:04 PM
Very excited to use Duncan Robinson poorly and put the jhsukow stink on him. Set your matchups to +7 because we will have over 900 3PM
8/31/2020 1:25 PM
OK Duncan, you have one job....
8/31/2020 1:53 PM
I assume that by not being evaluated on Page 1 that means pharrop is in awe of the terrible cap situation I created for myself with my first three picks
8/31/2020 5:21 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/31/2020 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I assume that by not being evaluated on Page 1 that means pharrop is in awe of the terrible cap situation I created for myself with my first three picks
Oof. I just took a look. Not ideal, although I see a couple that are worse.

You will undoubtedly work your way out of this one though. I think I recall you coming up with a solution during a similar cap crunch a few seasons ago.
8/31/2020 5:32 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/31/2020 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/31/2020 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Oof. I just took a look. Not ideal, although I see a couple that are worse.

You will undoubtedly work your way out of this one though. I think I recall you coming up with a solution during a similar cap crunch a few seasons ago.
Should have done that trade (Still can by the way)!
8/31/2020 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...13 Next ▸
ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.