ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/31/2020 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I assume that by not being evaluated on Page 1 that means pharrop is in awe of the terrible cap situation I created for myself with my first three picks
Sorry for the inadvertent slight. I did them but I guess when I was cutting and pasting I missed 3. All are there now. I did wonder about cap issues.
8/31/2020 10:46 PM
wake me up when September ends?
9/1/2020 1:30 PM
Posted by pharrop on 8/31/2020 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 8/31/2020 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I assume that by not being evaluated on Page 1 that means pharrop is in awe of the terrible cap situation I created for myself with my first three picks
Sorry for the inadvertent slight. I did them but I guess when I was cutting and pasting I missed 3. All are there now. I did wonder about cap issues.
lol, no problem - I was just being (intentionally) passive-aggressive I know from experience that evaluation in this league in particular is extremely difficult to do accurately until you can actually see rosters. Much easier in the 52 mil where cap is less of an issue and you're almost always using the best seasons of the guys you pick.
9/1/2020 1:49 PM
I broke my long time ODL rule which is: never add anyone to the draft center that you have not already picked.

So now I have my team built and respectfully request no one with picks remaining select any of those players.
9/2/2020 1:32 AM
in my experience: good luck with that
9/2/2020 3:11 AM
It's like a draft prospect coming in for an interview and maybe a workout. Could be great fit, but don't count on him being there.
9/2/2020 9:56 AM
Robusk, I have those same players already added to my roster.
9/2/2020 9:59 AM
My standard strategy in this league has been to have lots of threes, lots of efficiency, good D, lots of positional flexibility. I tend to make sure I am not deficient in assists and rebounds but I haven't emphasized them since I just try to get the most bang for the buck. I almost always have a much better bench than most of the league.

The result was a decent number of wins over a fair number of seasons. But it was getting a little monotonous. I tried to do something different here which is a little less threes, certainly less efficiency, but a lot of assists and rebounds. I should usually be around 130% CREB and 90% AST, both of which are lot for this league. I don't know that it will be successful but it at least is something different.
9/2/2020 1:01 PM (edited)
Posted by robusk on 9/2/2020 1:32:00 AM (view original):
I broke my long time ODL rule which is: never add anyone to the draft center that you have not already picked.

So now I have my team built and respectfully request no one with picks remaining select any of those players.
Wow, how do you draft without building in teams? I usually build a complete team no later than after my 3rd round pick to figure out how much money I have.
9/2/2020 1:01 PM
Posted by robusk on 9/2/2020 1:01:00 PM (view original):
My standard strategy in this league has been to have lots of threes, lots of efficiency, good D, lots of positional flexibility. I tend to make sure I am not deficient in assists and rebounds but I haven't emphasized them since I just try to get the most bang for the buck. I almost always have a much better bench than most of the league.

The result was a decent number of wins over a fair number of seasons. But it was getting a little monotonous. I tried to do something different here which is a little less threes, certainly less efficiency, but a lot of assists and rebounds. I should usually be around 130% CREB and 90% AST, both of which are lot for this league. I don't know that it will be successful but it at least is something different.
Those are good numbers. I think you’ll be hard to beat. I should be at 90 AST% 120 CRB%. I’m curious what that 10% CRB costs me in eFG and DEF. My SL should be (weighted) 56.5 eFG% and 72.6 avg D. What are you projecting?
9/2/2020 1:02 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 9/2/2020 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 9/2/2020 1:32:00 AM (view original):

Wow, how do you draft without building in teams? I usually build a complete team no later than after my 3rd round pick to figure out how much money I have.
I'll do it in Excel, but Team Center is a jinx.
9/2/2020 1:02 PM
Posted by dBKC on 9/2/2020 1:02:00 PM (view original):

Those are good numbers. I think you’ll be hard to beat. I should be at 90 AST% 120 CRB%. I’m curious what that 10% CRB costs me in eFG and DEF. My SL should be (weighted) 56.5 eFG% and 72.6 avg D. What are you projecting?
Assuming I end up with something that is a reasonable approximation of what I planned for my bench: SL eFG% = 54.2%, Tm = 53.9%. SL Def = 75.4, Min Adj Tm = 67.
9/2/2020 1:12 PM
The plus about the defense is that my two 93 rated defenders have the positional flexibility to cover all five positions between the two of them. So I should be able to make it tough for the top scorers.
9/2/2020 1:15 PM

I haven't started digging into everyone else's teams yet, but those are nice looking aggregates dBKC.
9/2/2020 1:16 PM
Posted by robusk on 9/2/2020 1:16:00 PM (view original):

I haven't started digging into everyone else's teams yet, but those are nice looking aggregates dBKC.
Thanks - yours too. You have 10% more crb and a little better def. I have 2% better eFG. Should be a close matchup between us.

Kirilenko was picked to be Draymond’s backup at SF btw if anyone was wondering. His 1349 minute 04-05 season is almost the perfect compliment to Draymond imo
9/2/2020 1:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...13 Next ▸
ODL 77 Discussion/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.