1. Work hard

2. Take responsibility for your actions

3. Do not make excuses

4. Do not seek to be the victim. Do not internally celebrate victimhood. Self-pity has not yet produced anything positive in this world.

5. Seek truth. Truth is not relative.

6. Be strong. Be courageous. Be ethical. Do not compromise your ethical code.

7. Have a goal. Do not ask for things to be handed to you. Take them.

8. This world is not fair. This universe is not fair. Deal with it and make the best of your circumstances.

9. What feels good does not actually make a thing good. If it is too easy to be good, your moral code may be lax.

10. Realize all the above are incompatible with modern day leftism. We live in a world encouraging the opposite of much of the above. Fight it, be great. Great people have existed before and will again. Aspire to this.

Thank you for reading.
8/22/2020 1:03 PM (edited)
1-9 things that trump is not associated with but Obama and Biden are.
8/22/2020 1:10 PM
10. Thou shalt not covid your neighbor’s wife.
8/22/2020 1:14 PM
One can dislike leftism without also liking Trump. Trump is an idiot. There, I said it. And Biden quoted Kierkegaard. I prefer those conversant with Danish philosophy , but Kierkegaard himself would be no fan of our culture. IMHO
8/22/2020 1:15 PM
I don’t know what “ leftism “ is and I could care less. I am proud to count myself as a democrat and I support the goals of the Democratic Party and I hate and despise the Republican Party and their senators and congresspeople and most of their governors.
8/22/2020 1:28 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/22/2020 1:28:00 PM (view original):
I don’t know what “ leftism “ is and I could care less. I am proud to count myself as a democrat and I support the goals of the Democratic Party and I hate and despise the Republican Party and their senators and congresspeople and most of their governors.
Murkowski seems like you could have a dinner with one time. Otherwise, yeah, spot on.

8/22/2020 1:45 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 8/22/2020 1:15:00 PM (view original):
One can dislike leftism without also liking Trump. Trump is an idiot. There, I said it. And Biden quoted Kierkegaard. I prefer those conversant with Danish philosophy , but Kierkegaard himself would be no fan of our culture. IMHO
So 1-9 is consistent with Trumpism, which is what the GOP is now?

I don’t say this lightly: this is your stupidest thread ever.
8/22/2020 1:45 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/22/2020 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 8/22/2020 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Murkowski seems like you could have a dinner with one time. Otherwise, yeah, spot on.

You got it.
8/22/2020 1:50 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/22/2020 1:46:00 PM (view original):

Your reading comprehension, pardon my French, sucks.
8/22/2020 2:14 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 8/22/2020 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/22/2020 1:46:00 PM (view original):

Your reading comprehension, pardon my French, sucks.
Hit dog hollers
8/22/2020 2:17 PM
Who are you referring to when you talk about "modern leftism"? Soc Dems? Biden? Marx? """"antifa"""? You can't just make these claims completely unsubstantiated and leave them. Vagueposting sucks ***.

Also, conservatives fail to understand that left-leaning people apply critiques to systems, but would use different language when talking to individuals. EVERYONE agrees that individuals should follow those rules; even the most left-wing people aren't anti-personal responsibility. However, we use different language and context when talking about improving systems.

For instance, on point #4. No one would go up to a poor black person and say "You are the victim. There is no use working hard in life, white people will always get in the way. Oppression will hold you down." That's ludicrous. However, when talking about the overall system in America, I can acknowledge that institutional racism exists (this is a fact) and I can work to fix it. Black people ARE disproportionally victimized by the criminal justice system. We must acknowledge the problem before we can solve it.
8/22/2020 2:38 PM
If, by "leftism", you're talking about general social democrats like Bernie Sanders, none of those points are contradictory with our worldview. We apply all of those expectations to individuals, but we change systems to make it easier on said individuals and improve the average outcome.

Scandinavian countries are the best example of this. They have the highest rates of economic mobility in the world; they have robust welfare systems, but people aren't content to stay in the lower class; they strive for more, and the government gives them every opportunity to do so. Again, you cannot conflate our rhetoric when talking to an individual with rhetoric about systems. When all institutions are just a bunch of independent people to you, there can never be a solution to a problem besides "work harder."
8/22/2020 2:42 PM
It's great to tell an individual "the world is not fair, you have to work hard and make the best of it."

However, we would also want to have a government that strives to make the world more fair. Conservatives seem unable to comprehend this philosophy.
8/22/2020 2:43 PM
This is a 2 party country. I could care less about terms like leftism.....this years curse word replacing liberal.
8/22/2020 2:48 PM
This is a 2 party country. I could care less about terms like leftism.....this years curse word replacing liberal.
8/22/2020 2:48 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.