Posted by rsp777 on 8/25/2020 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Every last cop in America should be required to wear and HAVE ACTIVATED a body cam and an audio source while on duty. They should also be required to be EQUIPPED with a taser and TRAINED to use that FIRST instead of their gun. The gun should be a last resort. The fact that all the cops around in that vid and the guy STILL ends up SHOT several times in front of his children instead of tased, cuffed and controlled is a TRAVESTY. The things I spoke of above are the kinds of things that should be immediately enacted by every police agency in the name of justice and transparency. Wanna get rid of bad cops? Simple. Put them on camera/audio every second and then react and prosecute accordingly when lines are crossed and people get murdered. I have nothing but respect for cops and I personally know and have worked with several over the years. Not a single one of those men or any cop worth a damn would disagree with my opinion. An entire segment of the population is done talking because we, as a country, haven’t LISTENED. As evidenced by a guy in Kenosha who did NOT have to be shot SEVEN ******* TIMES.

ACCOUNTABILITY
Great post rsp.
i have to admit that for most of my life I saw the bad cops as a minuscule few but over the last 10 years that opinion has taken a hit and that is very upsetting to me.
8/25/2020 1:04 PM
prolly not necessary now that everyone in america but me has one and first thing they do is pull it out and sing

the right to privacy may end up being the price we (are willing to) pay for justice

8/25/2020 1:06 PM
Every year before covid we had riots after sports victories and it happens all around the world.

when govt becomes increasingly racist and repressive there is going to be some violence.....the worse the authoritarian it gets the more there will be. This is on trump.

the cure is democracy and social justice.
8/25/2020 1:08 PM
I've seen it posted here that we should expect a few rogue protesters to be rioters and looters. Given today's society, I would unfortunately agree with that. Every group has it's "fridge" members who are going to do extreme things. That includes police officers. Wonder which is higher, the % of police officers who are doing extreme things, or the % of protesters who are. Certainly no way to prove it, either way, but it's laughable how one is totally acceptable to some here, while the other is a cause for upheaval.
(Please remember I have repeatedly said any officer proven to be breaking a law should be punished as severely as possible, before posting some rambling, stupid, BS reply about how I support police shootings - of anyone.)
8/25/2020 1:26 PM
Yes, police officers breaking the law is more unacceptable, because they are paid to enforce the law.
8/25/2020 1:31 PM
"hmm, which is worse? The state killing people, or criminals killing people?"
8/25/2020 1:32 PM
The riots are Because of the police.
8/25/2020 1:48 PM
Peaceful protests in Louisville have continued for months without national coverage while one night of vandalism in Kenosha becomes national news.
8/25/2020 4:55 PM
Exactly. fox and trump supporters exploit the spillover violence to distract away and deflect away from why people are protesting.

that they NEVER talk about.

and that people is the whole point.
8/25/2020 5:51 PM
Thank god we don’t have right wingers getting angry in masse.

they have the guns.
8/25/2020 5:54 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 8/25/2020 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Peaceful protests in Louisville have continued for months without national coverage while one night of vandalism in Kenosha becomes national news.
Speaking of which, the guy responsible for potentially arresting the cops who killed Breonna Taylor is speaking at the RNC.
8/25/2020 6:54 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 8/25/2020 11:09:00 AM (view original):
How will you feel Nov 4th when Dems lose Wisconsin because of this?
I doubt the 3,000 family farms that went out of business since Trump started his trade war will be a bigger deal than what happened the other day.
8/25/2020 8:08 PM
So you're definition of vandalism is throwing bricks at people and lighting houses on fire trapping people inside? Interesting.

If the cops acted irresponsibly they will be arrested. Why not let the system work? If a white guy had been shot like this the officers would be put on leave (as happened) and an investigation will ensue (as will happen) and nothing woukd be destroyed and nobody would be hurt. And the media would take no notice.

How you bleeding hearts can defend this boggles the mind. It's just asking for destruction and violence .you don't use your brains, only your misguided, irrational heArts.
8/25/2020 8:11 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 8/25/2020 8:12:00 PM (view original):
So you're definition of vandalism is throwing bricks at people and lighting houses on fire trapping people inside? Interesting.

If the cops acted irresponsibly they will be arrested. Why not let the system work? If a white guy had been shot like this the officers would be put on leave (as happened) and an investigation will ensue (as will happen) and nothing woukd be destroyed and nobody would be hurt. And the media would take no notice.

How you bleeding hearts can defend this boggles the mind. It's just asking for destruction and violence .you don't use your brains, only your misguided, irrational heArts.

If the cops acted irresponsibly they will be arrested. Why not let the system work?

The point of the protests is that they don't think the system works, and that they will use coercion or whatever necessary to get the justice that they want.

8/25/2020 8:50 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.