Only 6% of covid fatalities died from Covid alone. What does this mean? Have we all been duped? How many businesses do you personally know that have gone under? Was it even necessary? 650k died from Spanish flu when the US population was much smaller by comparison. I honestly don't know what to think about this 6% number we've been given.
8/31/2020 12:55 PM
It was always going to impact people with comorbidities more, this is stuff we knew already, my god your side falls for propaganda so easily.

AIDs doesn't kill you either, schmuck.
8/31/2020 1:05 PM
5 or 6 or 7............what's this your IQ measure?
8/31/2020 2:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the experts have been saying, from near the beginning, that if you're young and healthy you should still stay home to protect the people who are vulnerable. Some people are just too selfish to give a damn about those people.

And by the way, look at what counts as a comorbidity to generate that 6% number. Diabetes is, aside from extreme old age, perhaps the most dangerous pre-existing condition to have in terms of covid mortality rates. Over 10% of Americans are diabetic. And look - obesity counts. If you're obese and die of covid, that's not, as you put it, "covid alone." About 30% of Americans are legally obese. So yeah... it's not like this vulnerable portion of the population that accounts for 94% of deaths is some small sliver of the total population. It's somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of Americans. If you choose not to care about those 100 million+ people then there's really no point in our having any political conversations. You have to start from some point of shared values, and if we can't share the basic value of preserving human life we're never going to have a meaningful discussion about anything.
9/1/2020 1:06 AM
Wonderful post
why is it is so hard for some to just try to be good people.
if they can’t get it on this they can’t get it on anything.

sir, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
9/1/2020 2:25 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 8/31/2020 12:55:00 PM (view original):
Only 6% of covid fatalities died from Covid alone. What does this mean? Have we all been duped? How many businesses do you personally know that have gone under? Was it even necessary? 650k died from Spanish flu when the US population was much smaller by comparison. I honestly don't know what to think about this 6% number we've been given.
maybe you live in a body that has no pre-existing conditions

most of the rest of us are kinda leery of that last straw
9/1/2020 6:22 AM
Guitarguy 180s from "protests cause the pandemic to spread and that's bad" to "the pandemic isn't that big a deal anyway."
9/1/2020 7:50 AM
I honestly meant this as a question, perhaps my tone was inconsistent with that intention. I really didn't quite know how to interpret that 6% number.

I will submit to dahsdebater's opinion. I think it was well-stated.
9/1/2020 8:32 AM
We also don't know the long-term effects of getting the virus.
9/1/2020 8:39 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 9/1/2020 8:32:00 AM (view original):
I honestly meant this as a question, perhaps my tone was inconsistent with that intention. I really didn't quite know how to interpret that 6% number.

I will submit to dahsdebater's opinion. I think it was well-stated.
Dah's did explain it well. BUT, the number is BULLSHIT to begin with. It's FAKE NEWS. An altered and incorrect statistic.
Another dirty TRUMP LIE!
9/1/2020 9:23 AM
Um, it was the CDC, not Trump.
9/1/2020 9:48 AM
There's FAKE NEWS out there?! NO!
bob, you really have let others around here drag you into their hate-filled trap. You're now blaming Trump for anything and everything, even when it wasn't him. You used to be better than that. Unwind yourself from the web and get back to being rational and factual.
9/1/2020 10:25 AM
It’s COMPLETE bullshit. If you have cancer and it causes your liver to fail do you die from cancer or liver failure? If covid causes pneumonia do you die from covid or pneumonia? The cdc already debunked this. Stop being so naive and falling for the Goebbels-esque propaganda machine of the LIAR in chief.
9/1/2020 12:25 PM
As I said. It was a TRUMP LIE. FAKE NEWS Perpetrated by our Liar in Chief.

In another word............PROPAGANDA!

9/1/2020 12:36 PM
Great post, dahs. Thank you.
9/1/2020 12:58 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.