Comment Sections Topic

Here's something I've noticed over the past four to five years. Why have most left leaning news sites gotten rid of the comment sections on articles while most right wing news site have retained them? It's almost like they just want to spew propaganda the average person wouldn't agree with (science says there are 37 genders!!) and not be called out on their BS. couldn't be.....lol
9/2/2020 4:27 AM
lol
9/2/2020 7:51 AM
The media's job used to be to responsibly and factually report the news, as it happened, after-it happened. Seems now, they for some reason feel their job is to create and/or influence the news, and make their (often made-up for the job) opinions the "facts". I don't really understand how that's better for business, other than the more ridiculous something they say is, the more people are inclined to read it, in today's distorted, mindless society. It's simply sad that so many people take remarks intended to be crazy enough to produce views/clicks/whatever as true and factual. The dumbing-down of America by the media truly scares me for the future of this once great (and still better than most) Country.
9/2/2020 9:11 AM
Want some great fun? Go to the comments at Fox, Breitbart, or Newsmax of a story about an African-American and read the racist, vile Right Wing mindset

Fox even shut off comments on stories about Michelle Obama and other African-Americans
9/2/2020 9:21 AM
Posted by all3 on 9/2/2020 9:11:00 AM (view original):
The media's job used to be to responsibly and factually report the news, as it happened, after-it happened. Seems now, they for some reason feel their job is to create and/or influence the news, and make their (often made-up for the job) opinions the "facts". I don't really understand how that's better for business, other than the more ridiculous something they say is, the more people are inclined to read it, in today's distorted, mindless society. It's simply sad that so many people take remarks intended to be crazy enough to produce views/clicks/whatever as true and factual. The dumbing-down of America by the media truly scares me for the future of this once great (and still better than most) Country.
Good description of Fox News.
9/2/2020 9:28 AM
The Sioux believed there were 7 genders (I think it was). It's quite apparent there ARE more than two.
What "science" or "ist" "says" there are 37 genders? I've never heard that! 37?? It IS a prime number BUT??

I doubt it.
9/2/2020 9:48 AM
As far as I understand, gender is a social construct, so there can be as many or as few as society generally recognizes.
9/2/2020 12:00 PM
there are 2 genders and after that many different types of gender identities and you can have surgeries.
9/2/2020 12:22 PM
There are two primary culturally-recognized genders in America in the year 2020.

There are not "two genders" that are ubiquitous.
9/2/2020 1:38 PM
Physical genders - 2
there are many different types of sexual or gender identities.
9/2/2020 1:48 PM
You are misconstruing terms.
gender and identity are different
9/2/2020 1:52 PM
I think you mean sex and gender are different.
9/2/2020 2:39 PM
twitter is the comment section
9/2/2020 2:54 PM
In Tempe there's a place called Mindbenders. Joni Mitchell pointed out that Sex Kills. Gender is just one letter away from gander.

Gander is a male goose. Gander is something aimless folks do in Tonto Basin. Goosing was something we did in grade school.

Don't have sex with a goose. It's about as daft as voting for Trump's re-election.
Or hangin' with racist blowhards. Oh wait............same thing!
9/2/2020 2:57 PM
Posted by dino27 on 9/2/2020 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 9/2/2020 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Good description of Fox News.
#nailedit
9/2/2020 7:19 PM
12 Next ▸
Comment Sections Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.