Just an FYI, recently Nig Clarke’s name got changed to Jay Clarke within the past couple days. It confused the hell outta me for a few minutes.

edit: all the ones with Nig nicknames got changed, but you can still search for them when typing in Nig in the first name box
9/9/2020 2:40 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ridiculous
9/9/2020 7:36 PM
Possibly related, but unknown... Other players are showing up in the Fielding Tables with different/wrong names.

Buck Duke '08 is Buck Herzog, and Dead Easter '12 (LOL) is Dode Paskert (He Myers is Hy Myers also, but that seems more a typo than a name change)

9/10/2020 1:42 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 9/9/2020 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Just an FYI, recently Nig Clarke’s name got changed to Jay Clarke within the past couple days. It confused the hell outta me for a few minutes.

edit: all the ones with Nig nicknames got changed, but you can still search for them when typing in Nig in the first name box
Interestingly, all of the "Heinie" players are still there...
9/10/2020 1:44 PM
Algie McBride is offensive to an environmentalist. Save the whales; they matter.
9/10/2020 5:02 PM
This is a perfect example of why all pre-1947 players should be removed from the database. We must take a stand against Trump and white supremacy. I am in the process of submitting a ticket to admin.
9/10/2020 7:23 PM
do that. LMFAO!

I think we should remove all known misogynists.............. oh wait..........there wouldn't be any players in the database.
You are a silly troll.
Be gone!
9/10/2020 7:26 PM
Chief Yellowhorse hasn't gone the way of the Washington Redskins.
Lady Baldwin should be renamed Man Baldwin.
Babe Ruth could be considered sexual harassment.
Chicken Wolf offends two different animals.
Philadelphia Quakers might offend people of different religions.
Cincinnati Kelly Killers advocate murder.
Bug Holliday sounds like a social agenda.
Whitey Ford is now known as Privileged Ford.

I wonder if Tris "Speaker" and Tip O'Neill could co-exist on the same team.
9/13/2020 12:10 PM (edited)
Well whatever he calls himself, 1906 "Jay" is hitting .593 for me in juice's tournament. Only 30 PA, but still he can call himself Mae West as long as he keeps hitting that way.
9/15/2020 12:19 AM
9/15/2020 12:26 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 9/9/2020 2:59:00 PM (view original):
subtle as a knee on the windpipe

they done kilt blackie
You can still draft Blackie Schwamb... but for how long??
9/15/2020 9:01 PM
Posted by finn2030 on 9/15/2020 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 9/9/2020 2:59:00 PM (view original):
subtle as a knee on the windpipe

they done kilt blackie
You can still draft Blackie Schwamb... but for how long??
Then you'll have to settle for Bud Black
9/16/2020 7:49 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.