14-7. Go CHIEFS!
9/10/2020 9:35 PM
was that beastmode?

i think that was beastmode

that was beastmode
9/10/2020 9:41 PM
31-7.
9/10/2020 10:49 PM
It was just a unity empty gesture bs thing, wasn't even during the anthem, and the fans couldn't help themselves, Jesus.

Imagine being so Pavlovian, so beholden to something that you boo people just standing arm in arm for peace. Holy ****.

cult.
9/11/2020 12:08 AM
Good thing the nfl honored a rapist by allowing some to wear his name on their helmet! What happened to #metoo?
9/11/2020 7:41 AM
Hey, just like you shouldn't judge all protesters based off a few dumb ones, don't judge all Chiefs fans based on a few racist dumbasses.

As for you guitarguy, are we supposed to just be ok with the fact that police murdered people if they did bad things in the past?
9/11/2020 7:56 AM
Do police have free reign to kill anyone they suspect has raped someone in the past?
9/11/2020 7:57 AM
They certainly do not. Likewise, somebody doesn't automatically become a hero and praiseworthy just because they've been shot by police. I think it's possible to hold both of these viewpoints simultaneously.
9/11/2020 8:21 AM
It's also ridiculously unfair to label everyone that booed as a racist. A typical, intellectually dishonest dem tactic. It's a much more complicated, complex issue. People disagree with blm and the over-politization of sports for other reasons than "muhhhh racism." What if you're someone who's been a victim of BLM violence? Recently been to a restaurant in Pittsburgh and had your table flipped over by blm protesters screaming "f*ck white people"? You might not be inclined to cheer for reasons other than simple prejudice.
9/11/2020 8:29 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 9/11/2020 8:21:00 AM (view original):
They certainly do not. Likewise, somebody doesn't automatically become a hero and praiseworthy just because they've been shot by police. I think it's possible to hold both of these viewpoints simultaneously.
Yeah, that's how I feel as well. But I don't see it as praising them. I see it as reminding people that real **** is still going on.

Do you have any alternative suggestions for how they could have handled it better?
9/11/2020 8:43 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 9/11/2020 8:31:00 AM (view original):
It's also ridiculously unfair to label everyone that booed as a racist. A typical, intellectually dishonest dem tactic. It's a much more complicated, complex issue. People disagree with blm and the over-politization of sports for other reasons than "muhhhh racism." What if you're someone who's been a victim of BLM violence? Recently been to a restaurant in Pittsburgh and had your table flipped over by blm protesters screaming "f*ck white people"? You might not be inclined to cheer for reasons other than simple prejudice.
Yeah, so the show of unity was only marginally related to BLM, and even if you were a victim of violence, that should make you cheer more for a demonstration shown right. I say it is prejudiced to be angry at a couple of protesters and automatically assume after that that any demonstrations against racism are bad.

In terms of politics, the demonstration was no more political than playing the national anthem itself.
9/11/2020 8:53 AM
Lots of people were just in a Pittsburgh restaurant and going to last night's game.
9/11/2020 9:45 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 9/11/2020 8:31:00 AM (view original):
It was players standing arm and arm in unity not during the anthem. How is unity political? It wasnt BLM.

Your post says a lot about you, dude.

"Yeah, they shouldn't have booed" is real easy to say. You couldn't.

all3 was saying the left would cheer some lunatics messing with a kid yesterday - nobody did.

And today you can't even bring yourself to say there was no real reason to boo that. Got it.
9/11/2020 9:49 AM
123 Next ▸
chiefs texans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.