chiefs texans Topic

Posted by Guitarguy567 on 9/11/2020 7:41:00 AM (view original):
Good thing the nfl honored a rapist by allowing some to wear his name on their helmet! What happened to #metoo?
This offends me. Are you calling Jacob Blake a "rapist"?? Was he EVER convicted of any rape?
The warrant that was out on him ended up squashed, did it not??

Accusations are NOT convictions.
Anyone can be accused of rape, THAT does not make someone a rapist.

Separate topic.
WHY is it necessary for us to "pay homage" to our Country by requiring EVERY freakin' sporting event in the Country to begin with a public "display" of obedience to our Country thru the National Anthem? Why? Are we so weak minded that our Patriotism needs continuous boosting by the powers within our Society? If so, that doesn't say much for Americans.

End division! End the maudlin public display of attention and ridiculous ceremony for a symbol, a piece of cloth.
THAT ceremony should be reserved for IMPORTANT functions related to governing, NOT sports!
9/11/2020 9:53 AM
+1, Bob
9/11/2020 9:58 AM

You mean unless it's Trump, right? You, and many others, have convicted him of everything short of Kennedy's assassination.
9/11/2020 10:16 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/11/2020 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Good thing the nfl honored a rapist by allowing some to wear his name on their helmet! What happened to #metoo?
This offends me. Are you calling Jacob Blake a "rapist"?? Was he EVER convicted of any rape?

Separate topic.
WHY is it necessary for us to "pay homage" to our Country by requiring EVERY freakin' sporting event in the Country to begin with a public "display" of obedience to our Country thru the National Anthem? Why? Are we so weak minded that our Patriotism needs continuous boosting by the powers within our Society? If so, that doesn't say much for Americans.

End division! End the maudlin public display of attention and ridiculous ceremony for a symbol, a piece of cloth.
THAT ceremony should be reserved for IMPORTANT functions related to governing, NOT sports!
Maybe he would be convicted right now if the police did their job
9/11/2020 10:32 AM
And I agree; the national anthem should only be played before huge cultural sporting events (like the Super Bowl) and before games involving a national team.
9/11/2020 10:35 AM
You mean not at my HS volleyball contest???

I do NOT agree about the exception for huge cultural events!!
And ESPECIALLY ban it and ALL Anthems from the fricking Olympics!!
It runs directly counter to the intent of the games themselves!!!

But then, I hate the Olympics anyway.
Boring and stupid as presently presented.
9/11/2020 12:04 PM

Separate topic.

I hope you will hold your elected representatives to the same standard...cough Kavanaugh cough
9/11/2020 12:05 PM
Posted by all3 on 9/11/2020 10:16:00 AM (view original):

You mean unless it's Trump, right? You, and many others, have convicted him of everything short of Kennedy's assassination.
That WOULD be a valid point............EXCEPT that you are mixing "genres" drastically......... on the one hand we're speaking of criminality. A criminal CHARGE specifically accused by the State (Wisconsin). On the other hand you're talking POLITICS. A political CHARGE regarding character or "fitness" for office. Apples and oranges. SO FAR, no criminal charges have been brought by ANY Governing party (that I remember or know about---Trump's been in a LOT of Courts!!) accusing Trump of a criminal act, SAVE for the impeachment farce, for which He was acquitted.

But, nice try!
Gotta give you credit for the attempt.
9/11/2020 12:10 PM
Posted by all3 on 9/11/2020 10:16:00 AM (view original):

as far as I can tell, he has not been convicted of anything...............yet. People saying they think he is guilty is not the same as convicting him.
9/11/2020 12:11 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 9/11/2020 12:05:00 PM (view original):

Separate topic.

I hope you will hold your elected representatives to the same standard...cough Kavanaugh cough
Kavanaugh was not elected. He was appointed.
9/11/2020 12:12 PM

Separate topic.

I do actually. And again, Kavanaugh was NOT charged by ANY governing agency of ANY crime. He was "charged" of an act that MAY have been criminal by a woman during a VERY political process. Not a criminal accusation with resulting adjudication and (potential) penalty.

Apples, and pears!
and, again (as with the impeachment) Kavanaugh WON! He's on the bench.
For LIFE!

Does that make YOU feel good?
We already had one creep on the Bench (at LEAST!!) for LIFE!!
Certainly don't need any more of 'em!
9/11/2020 12:15 PM
On TOPIC.

As I've mentioned. I have no TV signal here.
Thus, no NFL game.

Other than the fact that the Chiefs (apparently) kicked ***, I know nothing.
Please fill me in!

I'm curious as to Houston RB David Johnson's production and performance.
Did he produce? Did he run with confidence/swagger?
Or did he pussyfoot around and act like He was afraid to be hit??
Like last year.
9/11/2020 12:28 PM

Separate topic.

Kavanaugh wasn't elected.
9/11/2020 12:32 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/11/2020 12:28:00 PM (view original):
On TOPIC.

As I've mentioned. I have no TV signal here.
Thus, no NFL game.

Other than the fact that the Chiefs (apparently) kicked ***, I know nothing.
Please fill me in!

I'm curious as to Houston RB David Johnson's production and performance.
Did he produce? Did he run with confidence/swagger?
Or did he pussyfoot around and act like He was afraid to be hit??
Like last year.
I thought Johnson looked very good. So did Rotoworld:

David Johnson rushed 11 times for 77 yards and one touchdown in the Texans' Week 1 loss to the Chiefs, adding three catches for 32 yards on four targets.

The Texans were getting creamed in the second half after allowing 31 unanswered points, so Johnson saw just five carries after halftime. Acquired from the Cardinals in a stunning offseason trade, Johnson showed flashes of his pre-injury self in this one, particularly with a nice 19-yard touchdown scamper to the right pylon following a jump-cut. The Texans mixed in some Duke Johnson with two-RB looks, but it's evident David is viewed as a three-down back by coach Bill O'Brien. Johnson has a chance to crush his ADP after being written off by many in the fantasy community. It's hard not to root for him. Johnson gets a tough Week 2 draw against the Ravens where he'll be an RB2.

9/11/2020 12:41 PM
TY.
9/11/2020 12:44 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
chiefs texans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.