Early Recruiting: Around The Horn Season 8 Topic

We are currently in the LCS round of the Season 7 playoffs in Around The Horn, and would like to get a jump on recruiting for next season. There is a large group of core owners that enjoys some friendly banter on the world chat, making this a fun place to be, and there was a long list of requests to join last season so you'll want to get in early this year if you can!

As of right now, we know of the following openings:

Franchise Profile: Rookies - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Franchise Profile: Night Owls - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports ***CLAIMED BY OLEMISS33***
Franchise Profile: Royals - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports ***CLAIMED BY 2U23L***

We also have the following Private World Rules:

1) A Minimum Win Requirement of 50 per season and three season total of 180 has been adopted. Failure to meet this requirement will result in the following: First offense of 50 wins per season rule = $10M maximum limit in Prospect Budget, Second offense = automatic removal. Violation of the 180-for-3 rule will result in automatic removal.

2) All Minors Must Be Properly Maintained according the Fair Play Guidelines. If an owner is found to be in flagrant violation of the spirit of the rules, a warning is given with a time frame to correct (either 48 or 72 hours, pending world approval). At the end of this time period, if the Veteran’s Committee does not feel the proper effort was made then a Vet Committee Expulsion Vote occurs. This format will also apply to ML pitching staffs.

3) Communications in World Chat must remain civil. The Vet Committee has the right to impose MWR sanctions on the violating owner. Once the Committee has reached consensus on the appropriate sanction, the violating owner has the choice to accept the sanctions and remain or depart at the end of the season.

4) An Owner’s Hall of Fame will be established and made public via the League Blog. The induction criteria are as follows: 15+ seasons in ATH, an ATH winning percentage of .530 or better, 6+ division titles and 2+ World Series Rings. Once an owner is inducted, they cannot be “uninducted” even if their lifetime winning percentage falls below the threshold.

As of this writing we have the following owners already on a waiting list, but welcome any further interest that may come up:

1) ksudan
2) obiewon777
3) steveatdsm
4) tukeduke07
5) Andrewtwalle
9/19/2020 10:47 AM (edited)
Will take Las Vegas if it's available.
9/15/2020 11:36 AM
Great world. No drama and great commish
9/17/2020 1:03 PM
Posted by olemiss33 on 9/15/2020 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Will take Las Vegas if it's available.
They are yours. Welcome to ATH!
9/17/2020 3:25 PM
I thought i would be added to a waiting list... If i qualify, i would like to take over the Louisville team.
9/17/2020 6:09 PM
Well..... Actually.....I will take the Charleston franchise if it means we start quicker and statman gets to keep his team.... and if i may.. I don't think he should have to give up his first round draft pick especially to a World Series participant. That was a joke, i hope. despite the fact he would agree to it. Maybe a probation season with a 70 win minimum, that would give him the 180 wins in a rolling 3 seasons. Just an idea...
9/17/2020 8:05 PM (edited)
What in the world happened to the Charleston Royals ? They had $20 million allocated for prospects with no budget adjustments indicated, yet they did not sign any of their first five draft picks nor did they sign any significant International prospects. Hmmmm
9/17/2020 8:54 PM
Posted by 2U23L on 9/17/2020 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Well..... Actually.....I will take the Charleston franchise if it means we start quicker and statman gets to keep his team.... and if i may.. I don't think he should have to give up his first round draft pick especially to a World Series participant. That was a joke, i hope. despite the fact he would agree to it. Maybe a probation season with a 70 win minimum, that would give him the 180 wins in a rolling 3 seasons. Just an idea...
It was 100% a joke.
9/18/2020 9:23 AM
It definitely was a joke...one of my favorite parts about ATH is that jokes like this are not uncommon, but everyone knows that they are jokes and no drama ensues :) That being said, if you are still interested in Charleston you are welcome to join us!
9/19/2020 8:23 AM
Posted by bruinsfan911 on 9/19/2020 8:23:00 AM (view original):
It definitely was a joke...one of my favorite parts about ATH is that jokes like this are not uncommon, but everyone knows that they are jokes and no drama ensues :) That being said, if you are still interested in Charleston you are welcome to join us!
I would love to, thank you very much.
9/19/2020 8:25 AM
Early Recruiting: Around The Horn Season 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.