DINO MUSICAL EXPRESS Topic

anyone give The War and the Treaty a listen yet?
9/25/2020 6:19 PM
Internet Radio Station Pick Of The Week

WFMU

hailed by many including Rolling Stone as the greatest radio station it is the longest continuous free form radio station in the USA.

totally free form mix of mostly rock and roll but everything from garage rock and psychedelic to blues to electronic to punk to country to indie to roots rock and 60s and new wave soul and lots lots more.

most shows are 1 or 2 hours so there are scores of hosts and shows.
the quality is extremely high and diverse.

hails out of New Jersey and New York and large broadcast range into neighboring states and of course streams internationally.
9/27/2020 5:30 PM (edited)
This week’s internet station pick

uncle Dino brings you a bonus trio if you love the standards and Sinatra.

1. Crooner radio - all the singers and I mean all. Not all singles lots and lots of deep cuts and lesser known songs. More ballads then uptempo but both. Name of song given upon request.

2. mostly Sinatra - like the above but more bouncy and a lot of sinatra.

3. the frank Sinatra station from tunein...all Sinatra all the time and the full catalogue so really great.
10/7/2020 4:07 PM
Wow! I just listened to Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit covering the Allman Brothers Tied to the Whipping Post. Let me say again, WOW!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKE6V5igVU&list=RDEMZSym4ay_GNhpwmDUKC250Q&index=12
10/14/2020 6:04 PM
check out "A Beautiful Noise" by Alicia Keys and Brandi Carlile
10/30/2020 5:47 PM
My recommended tune to celebrate the election by - Walls Come Tumbling Down by Style Council - 1985.
11/22/2020 1:22 PM
McCartney 3 is coming out in a few weeks and is said to be amazing.

mccartney 1 is of course the 1970 album which was too challenging for the masses back then demanding a full fledged polished Beatles album.
mccartney was a Beatles album just a bit indie and raw charmingly ragged but always rock and roll.
I love the album and think it is a timeless 5 star masterpiece of musical time off to paint a different landscape before returning to more accepted days of repose starting with ram and continuing with red rose speedway band on the run and Venus and Mars.

I just finally listened to McCartney 2 last night. I had avoided it for years thinking it was crap.
how wrong I was.
it is a delight and deviously innovative beautiful collage of sounds and ideas and new paths and melodies and beats.
it is a trend setting masterpiece.

if you take best tracks from back to the egg 1979 and McCartney 2 1980 and double fantasy 1980 and George Harrison 1980 and ringo from 1979 you would have an astonishing double or triple album.
11/23/2020 10:33 AM
Before I was placed on leave I did listen to the new Norah Jones. I hate to say it but mostly boring.
a little bit of a snoozer. A few good songs but nothing jumps out at you. Nothing you are going to ask a radio Dj to play.....very proficient and technical and high musicianship although sparse open treatments and trademark jazzy feel with some gospel tinge and clear strong vocals but nothing to write home about.

if you are a Nora Jones fan then yes get it. You will like it. It will be pleasant. Just no new ground and nothing sparkles or is really strong.
11/23/2020 4:11 PM
If you want to get a great country singer songwriter album get Your Life Is A Record by Brandy Clark.
probably the best country album you will find from 2020 in the opinion of this rock and roller.
12/6/2020 2:51 PM
Let me elaborate a bit. She has really found her voice both lyrically and as an instrument.
the songs are very introspective and poignant and she sings with more quiet and softer and bittersweet even on more uptempo songs.
this is a peak album.
12/6/2020 3:02 PM
Are there any indie rock music people out there
because I have the indie rock album of the year for you. You won’t find it on any list because it came out on November 20.
epononymously titled Mamalarky this is an amazing debut album from a very young group of friends who started a band in 2017.

its dreamy psychedelic pop with some noise and it sails very cool.

this is a band with a bright future and wide potential and should become indie rock darlings over the next few years.
12/8/2020 8:44 PM
not really into psychedelic pop, but I'll give it a listen.
12/9/2020 12:22 AM
For something we seldom hear anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjuqj0WN6s

Sometimes U Tube messes with the link, so this will work too

v=ncjuqj0WN6s Enjoy

12/9/2020 8:35 AM
My favorite album title of 2020 -

Ballet of Apes
by Brigid Dawson and the Mothers Network

kind of atmosphery nico- ish music.
not my cup of tea but not bad at all for the background while perusing the internet.

nice album cover.
12/11/2020 5:50 PM (edited)
Posted by dino27 on 12/9/2020 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Wylie I don’t think it will be your cup of tea but the brandy Clark album you will love and I was thinking of you when I posted that.
listened to a little of Brandy Clark. IT was okay, but I didn't love it. May just need to listen to her more.
12/11/2020 5:48 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...11 Next ▸
DINO MUSICAL EXPRESS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.