DINO MUSICAL EXPRESS Topic

1. Elvis at Stax - 1973

how better to start then with the King.
this album is a compilation of recordings from the 1973 stax recordings that were eventually included in several albums. Some of these tracks are alternative takes and there is some Elvis banter thrown in.

The album is great and every track is a winner.....tremendous sound and mix it explodes through the speakers. Very vibrant live sound.
and there are many songs where you just say to yourself Elvis was god.

the band includes members of the MGs along with his own TCB musicians.

song highlights.

the opening track is the Chuck Berry classic The Promised Land. This is pure rock and roll heaven Elvis fronting a Chuck Berry song with the Chuck berry riff which explodes double fisted from both speakers. Amazing

track 2 is is a really nice contemporary ballad.
track 3 if you talk in your sleep wow it’s elvis
track 6 I got a feeling in my body cooks
track 7 for ol times sake is a beautiful plaintive ballad showcase
track 8 talk about the good times rocks
song 9 good time Charlie got the blues is a classic written by Danny o merge. Elvis’s voice is brimming.
track 11 loving arms is a amazing ballad an omg it peak elvis
track 12 is a sweeping melody
track 13 Spanish eyes is regal with delicate guitars that are as sharp as a knife
track 17 incredible closer called My Boy. Great lyric Elvis heartfelt and cool..... maybe about the son Elvis hoped to have...gotta hear it.

this is a great Elvis album.
I really enjoyed it.

coming up - the moody blues - 7th sojourn
9/16/2020 8:24 PM (edited)
2. Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn - 1972

there were plenty of great soul albums in 1972 Notably from Aretha Franklin and Al Green. There were rock/rock ‘n’ roll albums too. The universal consensus is that the two best rock albums of 72 were exile on Main Street and Ziggie Stardust. through Oso to albums by yes and album by Jackson Browne, James Taylor, no secrets by Carly Simon and never a doll moment by Rod Stewart.
I easily place seventh sojourn in the top seven rock/rock ‘n’ roll albums of 1972. Also in the Bunch is the great honkey château by Elton John and the incredible and underappreciated time in New York City by John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Seventh Sojourn falls somewhere between three and six in 1972. It is just that good.g
It is a luscious concept album and one of the finest exponents of the classic rock genre. One might think without listening to it it is just classical fused with rock music but it is much much more. It is classical and it is rock and it is rock ‘n’ roll and it is folk and it is Gaelic and it is Scottish and it is poetry and it is choral.

It is a heady mix but But unified into beautiful compositions that lead one to the other with no space between the songs. Most are lush ballads with poetic lyrical content. The album is a concert experience. It is a loud album meant to be played loud and it is a surroundsound.
I had to remix a bit when this 1997 digital remaster by lowering the base and increasing trouble to give a brighter sailed and once I did that it is just an incredible powerful listening experience. There is a 2008 remaster that as a remix so I imagine it would have improved any deficiencies for the 1997 So I will be looking forward to getting that one.
Every song on the album is fantastic and at the end it explodes into the great coda of singer in a rock ‘n’ roll band which is really the first rock ‘n’ roll song on the album.
This is not considered to be one of the best moody blues albums As most people go to days of future past in search of the lost chord but it is one of my personal favorite albums and go to album and I am sure at the time that the individual Beatles would have found it to be superlative.
For anyone who loves music by the Moody blues or electric light orchestra and even yes I was and of coarse the Beatles I would strongly Recommend this album.
9/17/2020 2:33 PM (edited)
Put your top 5 Beatles albums and top 5 Stones albums in a top 10
1. Exile on Main Street
2. Rubber Soul
3. Let it Bleed
4. Sticky Fingers
5. White Album
6. Abbey Road
7. Sgt. Peppers
8. Beggars Banquet
9. Revolver
10. Goats Head Soup
9/17/2020 2:40 PM
That’s a good one I’m going to have to think about that and have it probably tomorrow.
ranked 1 - 10.
9/17/2020 2:42 PM
Y'all know how I feel about lists but that IS an interesting question.
9/17/2020 3:00 PM
so no Some Girls

the beatles quit

give up

thow in the towel

the stones survive

excel

dominate

in the time of disco
9/17/2020 3:03 PM
Posted by dino27 on 9/17/2020 2:33:00 PM (view original):
2. Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn - 1972

there were plenty of great soul albums in 1972 Notably from Aretha Franklin and Al Green. There were rock/rock ‘n’ roll albums too. The universal consensus is that the two best rock albums of 72 were exile on Main Street and Ziggie Stardust. through Oso to albums by yes and album by Jackson Browne, James Taylor, no secrets by Carly Simon and never a doll moment by Rod Stewart.
I easily place seventh sojourn in the top seven rock/rock ‘n’ roll albums of 1972. Also in the Bunch is the great honkey château by Elton John and the incredible and underappreciated time in New York City by John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Seventh Sojourn falls somewhere between three and six in 1972. It is just that good.g
It is a luscious concept album and one of the finest exponents of the classic rock genre. One might think without listening to it it is just classical fused with rock music but it is much much more. It is classical and it is rock and it is rock ‘n’ roll and it is folk and it is Gaelic and it is Scottish and it is poetry and it is choral.

It is a heady mix but But unified into beautiful compositions that lead one to the other with no space between the songs. Most are lush ballads with poetic lyrical content. The album is a concert experience. It is a loud album meant to be played loud and it is a surroundsound.
I had to remix a bit when this 1997 digital remaster by lowering the base and increasing trouble to give a brighter sailed and once I did that it is just an incredible powerful listening experience. There is a 2008 remaster that as a remix so I imagine it would have improved any deficiencies for the 1997 So I will be looking forward to getting that one.
Every song on the album is fantastic and at the end it explodes into the great coda of singer in a rock ‘n’ roll band which is really the first rock ‘n’ roll song on the album.
This is not considered to be one of the best moody blues albums As most people go to days of future past in search of the lost chord but it is one of my personal favorite albums and go to album and I am sure at the time that the individual Beatles would have found it to be superlative.
For anyone who loves music by the Moody blues or electric light orchestra and even yes I was and of coarse the Beatles I would strongly Recommend this album.
I am okay with the Moody Blues, but I saw them in concert in the early to mid 70s and it was probably the most boring concert I have ever seen (and I've seen alot). Nothing really wrong with that...some bands are great live and some aren't.
9/17/2020 3:42 PM
I'd also put Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull, Can't Buy a Thrill by Steely Dan, Made in Japan by Deep Purple and Eat a Peach by the Allman Brothers before either Exile on Main Street and Ziggy Stardust. Then again, I've never been much of a Stones fan.
9/17/2020 3:46 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/17/2020 3:46:00 PM (view original):
I'd also put Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull, Can't Buy a Thrill by Steely Dan, Made in Japan by Deep Purple and Eat a Peach by the Allman Brothers before either Exile on Main Street and Ziggy Stardust. Then again, I've never been much of a Stones fan.
Dead to me. :)
9/17/2020 4:40 PM
aqualung was a great album. there were some good ones too and some not so good. I can definitely see how Tull is not for everyone.
9/17/2020 5:06 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 9/17/2020 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/17/2020 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Dead to me. :)
well, I really do like some early stones stuff... Haven't liked much of their later stuff
And by early I mean songs like Paint It Black (one of my favorites), Under My Thumb, Wild Horses, Sympathy for the Devil, Jumpin Jack Flash, Satisfaction, Mother's Little Helper, Honky Tonk Woman and that time frame.
9/17/2020 6:54 PM (edited)
I have been listening to and highly recommend a band called The War and Treaty! They kind of remind me of Ike and Tina Turner a bit (hopefully without the abuse)
9/17/2020 6:51 PM
and she (the woman in The War and the Treaty) sounds a lot like Aretha, which is never a bad thing.
9/18/2020 1:55 PM
I have heard of this group I intend to check it out.
9/18/2020 6:15 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 9/17/2020 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Put your top 5 Beatles albums and top 5 Stones albums in a top 10
1. Exile on Main Street
2. Rubber Soul
3. Let it Bleed
4. Sticky Fingers
5. White Album
6. Abbey Road
7. Sgt. Peppers
8. Beggars Banquet
9. Revolver
10. Goats Head Soup
Under construction
9/19/2020 2:08 PM
1|2|3...11 Next ▸
DINO MUSICAL EXPRESS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.