Would you give this PG any offensive distribution? Topic

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Robert Schroeder - Stats - Naismith - Hoops Dynasty Basketball | WhatIfSports

He has a better than 7-1 assist to turnover ratio (100 in both BH and P) for 2 seasons in a row.

At what point does his BH wizardry, combined with his pedestrian 78 PE dictate a very low distribution?

As a plus, his speed is also 100.

I guess a better question is, how much distro would you give him? He obviously knows how to find open teammates.
9/18/2020 11:46 AM (edited)
Yes, at least a little. 100 SPD + 100 BH means he can at least do some damage scoring inside. His PER doesn't preclude him from having a decent mid-range game too.

I'd probably adjust his distro on a per-match-up basis. Prob fluctuate between 1% and 15% depending on the quality of the defenders going up against him & my other scorers.
9/18/2020 12:05 PM
without question yes, to the 'any' part. its really a matter of how much. its probably generally true, but specifically in my d1 motion experience, those high spd/bh/iq guys are some of your best options for mid level scorers, even on championship favorite type teams. your lp/per is better than 'required for any' distro - i would think he'd be like a 3rd scorer on a line, maybe 4th if your team is awesome, type of scorer. kinda think he can get away with a 0 on his 3 pt settings on a normal team, but he'll probably not do that well if you have a lot of 3pt scoring and face a lot of + defenses, where as if the opposite, he'll probably do pretty well - so perhaps base that part on your team, maybe even your opponent.
9/18/2020 12:22 PM
At what point very low distribution? I start giving low distribution to most players, provided they’re not complete liabilities, at C+ IQ. By the time this guy is an upperclassman, he’s probably sitting at 15-20% for me most nights, on my average Big 6 team, essentially the 2nd or 3rd option on the floor with the starters, 1st or 2nd if he’s on the floor with mostly backups. That’s all depending on matchup, of course. Some nights he might be the best scoring option you have, so I wouldn’t be afraid to bump him up, either.
9/18/2020 1:13 PM (edited)
Posted by vegaskevin on 9/18/2020 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Robert Schroeder - Stats - Naismith - Hoops Dynasty Basketball | WhatIfSports

He has a better than 7-1 assist to turnover ratio (100 in both BH and P) for 2 seasons in a row.

At what point does his BH wizardry, combined with his pedestrian 78 PE dictate a very low distribution?

I guess a better question is, how much distro would you give him? He obviously knows how to find open teammates.
I think definitely he should get some shots. I mean, 78 PER isn't THAT pedestrian, even at D1. Plus with the BH and Speed that you note, he should score decently. But he also has 40 LP which is pretty solid for a PG.

And also, his ath/def is actually pretty pedestrian IMO. So you're starting a PG that is passing the rock... and that's it. I think you kinda need him to score 6-8ppg to justify starting him due to the low defense.

Edit: I'll add that the ppg needs to be efficient. Don't just force it to him but if he's efficient and scoring 7ppg then that's great. But 1.6ppg out of a starter who doesn't rebound or play much defense isn't ideal.
9/18/2020 3:24 PM (edited)
Posted by Benis on 9/18/2020 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vegaskevin on 9/18/2020 11:46:00 AM (view original):

I think definitely he should get some shots. I mean, 78 PER isn't THAT pedestrian, even at D1. Plus with the BH and Speed that you note, he should score decently. But he also has 40 LP which is pretty solid for a PG.

And also, his ath/def is actually pretty pedestrian IMO. So you're starting a PG that is passing the rock... and that's it. I think you kinda need him to score 6-8ppg to justify starting him due to the low defense.

Edit: I'll add that the ppg needs to be efficient. Don't just force it to him but if he's efficient and scoring 7ppg then that's great. But 1.6ppg out of a starter who doesn't rebound or play much defense isn't ideal.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Sure, 78 isn't as good as a 95 but I'll set a 78 to -1 or 0 depending on other factors like IQ, speed, BH, etc. But his 64 and 67 in ath and def, respectively, is a bigger concern for this player to me. He needs to earn his keep offensively is he wants to get burned on the defensive end.

Also, I don't mean to be that guy - this player has never averaged a 7:1 assist to turnover ratio. It's been a high 6.6:1 and 4.7:1. I wouldn't have even said anything if it wasn't so blatant at looking at his numbers to not be true.
9/18/2020 5:51 PM
Would you give this PG any offensive distribution? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.