Posted by dahsdebater on 9/19/2020 5:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 9/18/2020 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 9/18/2020 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kermit on 9/18/2020 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Odds that Trump will name a replacement before Nov?
Same as the odds the Dems play Political games to prevent confirmation until after that. (Just as the Repubs would if reversed.)
It's sad that such BS is such a "normal" and "accepted" part of today's politics.
I never realized how stone cold dumb this guy is.
*Irony goes right over dinos head*
Really explain it to me
9/19/2020 5:32 PM
I take back that the high school debater is a smart guy.
9/19/2020 5:34 PM
Posted by kermit on 9/19/2020 2:11:00 PM (view original):
If you cannot detect sarcasm from the use of the word "YUUUUUGGGGE", I cannot help you.
I figured you were being sarcastic, frog...but you can never be too sure around here.
9/19/2020 6:16 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/19/2020 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 9/19/2020 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Holy crap. Even when I blatantly admit the Repubs are as bad as the Dems in many ways, you want to argue.
Again, something you fussed and whined about when the Repubs did it, is now OK for the Dems to do? I guess you feel two wrongs make a right. That's pretty sad thinking.
well,is it two wrongs? apparently it was fine when the republicans did it to Obama and Merrick Garland, since they were allowed to do it. So it should be fine now. I like how McConnell has said the circumstances are different this time. Other than a republican being the POTUS instead of a democrat, and it being much closer to the election, what exactly are the differences?
WTH here said it is "fine"? Nobody! Another example of you just wanting to argue over nothing, and/or twisting other's words into something you can try to argue about. I guess it's time I stop expecting better from you.
9/19/2020 10:06 PM
So ive seen this in a lot of places now, “yeah what McConnell did was bad, I’m saying that, but it’s different now, OMG I said it was bad what McConnell did but it’s different now why won’t you agree with me???? This is on you! Oh, it’s so hypocritical of democrats who said this 4 years ago to being saying this now.”

scoff. The bad faith has permeated their souls.
9/20/2020 12:10 AM
Have ye been drinking on National Talk Like a Pirate Day? Avast Ye!
9/20/2020 4:10 AM
Posted by all3 on 9/19/2020 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/19/2020 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 9/19/2020 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Holy crap. Even when I blatantly admit the Repubs are as bad as the Dems in many ways, you want to argue.
Again, something you fussed and whined about when the Repubs did it, is now OK for the Dems to do? I guess you feel two wrongs make a right. That's pretty sad thinking.
well,is it two wrongs? apparently it was fine when the republicans did it to Obama and Merrick Garland, since they were allowed to do it. So it should be fine now. I like how McConnell has said the circumstances are different this time. Other than a republican being the POTUS instead of a democrat, and it being much closer to the election, what exactly are the differences?
WTH here said it is "fine"? Nobody! Another example of you just wanting to argue over nothing, and/or twisting other's words into something you can try to argue about. I guess it's time I stop expecting better from you.
wasn't talking specifically about anyone here . See where I said "since they were allowed to do it?" Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't think the Senate needs permission from a WIS forum to do anything. If you actually read what I am saying instead of what you want to believe I am saying, you probably would have caught that. I stopped expecting better from you a long time ago. You can expect or not expect what you want from me. I don't give a ****.
9/20/2020 1:27 PM
No More Wire Hangers

collins and murkowski are on the record that only the next president can select replacement so the cheaters and jesters have 51. I am sure that Romney will join bringing down to 50.

then will need 1 more.
eyes on Alexander and toomey and Gardner.
9/20/2020 2:00 PM
In a worse case scenario the house could impeach trump suspending the senate.
mcconnell would have to break the law and refuse to try the case and go ahead with a Supreme Court vote.

kaos and turmoil will abound.
9/20/2020 2:34 PM
The AZ Senate contest is for McCain's remaining term. (McNasty was appointed!). Thus, if the Dem. Mark Kelly wins, he will be sworn into the Senate posthaste..............BEFORE the new Senate term that begins in January(?).

That would reduce McConnell's tally to 49 assuming Romney backs the 2 lady Senators. Thus, NO NEED for another old white guy to find any courage.
That's good, because I wouldn't bet on any old white guys finding a spine on this issue.
Certainly NOT Gardener!
9/20/2020 3:43 PM
Alexander solidifies scumship
9/20/2020 4:41 PM
Kelly will probably win and will be certified no later then November 30 probably sooner.

will McConnell be able to rush a vote before then if he has 50.

this is sick.

dont let anyone tell you the 2 parties are 2 sides of same coin.
9/20/2020 4:45 PM
Democrats can stage a "sickout" and prevent the Senate from achieving a quorum and thus stall the vote for a couple of weeks.
Is that possible?
9/20/2020 5:03 PM
McConnell will shorten the time for senators to question nominee before hearing and expedite hearing. He will go for a 25 day process.

i don’t know about the sickout.
hopefully Chris Wray won’t allow abbreviated vetting without something to say about it.
9/20/2020 5:16 PM
If nothing else, this should fire up Dems and Indy's bigly

Great for voter turnout
9/20/2020 5:18 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.