Announcing GD Analyst companion/helper app for GD Topic

Posted by ksparks on 10/18/2020 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Awesome!

Dumb question...where do I find a recruit’s ID number?
That's actually a good question as there's probably an easier way from how I do it, but one way is to click on a recruit to open up their 'card'. From there, right click on the top bar of that card and click "copy website address" and then "paste" it somewhere like into Word. What you paste will be a website address for that recruit. You'll see an 8-digit number toward the end of the address. That's the recruit's ID number.

There's probably a way to always show the website address on those player cards, but I'm not sure how to do it.
10/18/2020 6:41 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 10/14/2020 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I will take a look later, but if it does what you say it does ....amazing!

Edit: WIS should be sending you some cash ...or let your dad play for free. Some great stuff here.
"let your dad play for free"??? What is this, Ukraine???
10/19/2020 5:45 AM
This morning I have deployed a new version to deal with the longer-running game results request when choosing ALL games or HUMAN only games. I am hoping this eliminates the Server Error 500 issues that some of you may be experiencing.

You will see a new "loading" page that will periodically check the status of your request, and once your request has been completed, it will automatically redirect you and load the table with your requested game results. To see what it will look like, you can watch this brief YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/9q2Tvuz_s2s

All game results requests are placed into a queue to be processed sequentially. If a bunch of users are requesting games at the same time, it will process these requests FIFO (first in first out). For example, if there are 5 of you all requesting 15+ games around the same time, the 5th person's request might take ~5 minutes before it completes processing.

P.S. I don't accept the Ukrainian Hryvnia nor the Russian Ruble :-)
10/20/2020 10:57 AM
Since I can’t guarantee that GD provides an accurately spelled city location for a recruit, as an alternative to entering the recruit ID which attempts to pull the city/state automatically, how much interest is there in providing option to manually enter a city, state and have my tool map that location?

For example there was a recruit from “Hiland, IL”. There is no such city, and my app instead picked “Hiland, WY” which does exist but was wrong location.

The correct city would have been “Highland, IL”. You could manually enter this and have it mapped along with surrounding human coaches schools.
11/4/2020 8:11 PM
Eb, that sounds like a good solution to the problem.
11/5/2020 12:42 PM
....or have both options...Recruit ID and manual entry of the city/st name. I think I speak for others when I say we truly appreciate the product you're providing!
11/5/2020 6:21 PM
I’ll work on adding option to enter city, state location. Should be pretty easy.

And will also keep the recruit ID option.
11/9/2020 7:31 PM
Posted by ebzimny01 on 11/9/2020 7:31:00 PM (view original):
I’ll work on adding option to enter city, state location. Should be pretty easy.

And will also keep the recruit ID option.
You rock! :)
11/10/2020 12:05 AM
thats awesome
11/10/2020 8:04 AM
OK, I have deployed some updates. I added a few things that should help improve your ability to find a proper location.
  • I have used stricter search parameters when using the location automatically grabbed from a Recruit ID. This should help eliminate some of the incorrect locations. In some cases you should see an error returned that it cannot find the proper location. In which case you should try the next option . . .
  • I have added the option to enter a city and state. This allows you to enter whatever city and state you want to attempt to map. The format is "City, ST" with 2-letter capitalized state abbreviation. Examples:
    • Miami, FL
    • New York, NY
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Dallas, TX
  • I have added a PayPal donation button at the top center of the navigation bar. I'm not asking for money nor requiring anyone to pay. But if you are willing and able to do so I won't mind as it will help offset the cost of running the app.
Please let me know if the above changes don't help improve the situation or if you come across any new issues.
11/10/2020 6:22 PM
Newb-ish here (coached a few seasons years ago). Obviously, I chose the wrong school to begin my glorious dynasty. Some areas of my map look like Vegas at 8 AM (low human-to-machine population), while there are wide swaths of God's country completely uninhabited by humankind. I realize recruits are seeded, but opportunities become clearer with a nice picture to show you.
11/10/2020 7:10 PM
I donated $20...thanks for doing this...wish I knew how to use the insights to better my team!

One feature request...grouping down-and-distance to the game analysis, something like short-medium-long rather than the individual yardages.

Well done!
11/20/2020 1:01 PM
Posted by Scotb50 on 11/20/2020 1:01:00 PM (view original):
I donated $20...thanks for doing this...wish I knew how to use the insights to better my team!

One feature request...grouping down-and-distance to the game analysis, something like short-medium-long rather than the individual yardages.

Well done!
Would be tough to do because those are customizable fields. For example, your offense may call 1-2 yards "short" while mine may call 1-4 yards "short"
11/21/2020 10:20 AM
noted. but any grouping would be better than separate 3rd-and-11, 3rd-and-13, 3rd-and-15...I'm saying the app can define it, not relying on GD.
11/21/2020 11:26 PM
Posted by Scotb50 on 11/21/2020 11:26:00 PM (view original):
noted. but any grouping would be better than separate 3rd-and-11, 3rd-and-13, 3rd-and-15...I'm saying the app can define it, not relying on GD.
While it is technically feasible to add some hard coded yardage ranges, I think this might clutter up and complicate things.

My suggestion would be to multi-select the yards you want to filter. You can do this a few different ways using a combination of keyboard and mouse.

For instance, if you want the range of yards 1-5, first click on 1, then hold down the Shift key, then click on 5. This will highlight all the yards from 1-5. When you use this approach, Shift will include anything between the first item you click with mouse and the second.

The other approach is to individually select multiple yard distances. You can do this by holding the CTRL key down and then clicking on individual yard distances one by one.

Also, the ability to multi-select works across all of the filters at the top.
11/22/2020 12:12 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Announcing GD Analyst companion/helper app for GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.