Announcing GD Analyst companion/helper app for GD Topic

it don matter where i got it

it matters you got someone good in charge

no skidmarks!

what are the odds
12/8/2020 4:53 AM
I'll be sure to beta test the NC "Easy Button" on my own first. ;-)
12/8/2020 9:42 AM
In other news, there seems to be an issue with the mapping provider I use to find recruit locations or city searches. I have had one report that it at least impacts much of the state of Ohio for whatever reason. So if you are looking in Ohio you may see lots of instances where the app says it can't find the location.

I have opened a bug with that 3rd party provider to see if they can help resolve.
12/8/2020 9:46 AM
Is there a guide to the abbreviations for the game analysis?
12/8/2020 12:22 PM
Posted by martini35504 on 12/8/2020 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Is there a guide to the abbreviations for the game analysis?
Click on the "Column Visibility" button and you will see more details.
12/8/2020 12:55 PM
Posted by ebzimny01 on 12/8/2020 9:46:00 AM (view original):
In other news, there seems to be an issue with the mapping provider I use to find recruit locations or city searches. I have had one report that it at least impacts much of the state of Ohio for whatever reason. So if you are looking in Ohio you may see lots of instances where the app says it can't find the location.

I have opened a bug with that 3rd party provider to see if they can help resolve.
The vendor fixed their mapping issue so this problem should now be resolved.
12/8/2020 12:56 PM
Just deployed an update that should significantly improve the map loading times. The location icons should all load pretty much simultaneously now.
12/9/2020 5:16 PM
Announcing Feature Addition to Game Results Table
I've added QB Progression information from the play by play text. I've added 1 visible column called Prg that will contain numbers 1 through 5. Numbers should only exist for Passing plays.
  • 1 means the QB considered 1 receiving option.
  • 2 means the QB considered 2 receiving options
  • etc...
I've also added a hidden column Prgx which contains additional details for the progression in the form of:
{off position},{def pos in coverage},{how well covered},{depth}

Examples of the text included in Prgx:
1: WR1,CB1,C,M. # WR1 covered (C) by CB1 at Medium pass depth 2: RB2,LB2,WC,S. # RB2 well covered (WC) by LB2 at Short pass depth 3: WR2,FS,_,L. # WR2 with FS in coverage at Long pass depth If the QB threw a pass, then in the example above, the information for QB progression #3: should match the info contained in the OPM, Cvr Cvrg, PD columns).

If you want to view the hidden Prgx column, click on the Column Visibility button to enable Prgx.

12/18/2020 11:48 AM
Resolved a few minor bugs with Game Results analysis:
  1. Play by play text that included the phrase "pulls in the catch and is down" was not being correctly parsed as a completed pass (Pr = C). This has been resolved.
  2. Play by play text that included the phrase "catches in a nice pass" was not being correctly parsed as a completed pass (Pr = C). This has been resolved.
  3. Shotgun running plays by the QB were not being parsed as a running play (OT = Rn). This has been resolved.
Thank you to @goldencats for pointing these out.
12/21/2020 2:18 PM
I think the pin is missing for Washington State in Rockne World.
EDIT: Never mind, I found it buried under Idaho.

Great work, by the way.
1/18/2021 5:11 PM (edited)
Thank you DeBeque!
1/26/2021 11:36 PM
is there a way to add a "Yards Gained" (+/-) column? Currently, the only way to see this result is by expanding the row. Thanks
1/27/2021 3:17 PM
Posted by chainsaw4 on 1/27/2021 3:18:00 PM (view original):
is there a way to add a "Yards Gained" (+/-) column? Currently, the only way to see this result is by expanding the row. Thanks
So there is a button called "Column Visibility" on the single game analysis web page that allows you to hide/show various columns. I dont think my screen is wide enough to show all the columns. Therefore, I have to hide a few and click the button to show Yards Gained "YG" column.

The easier thing to do is simply export the file to excel. There you can see everything.
1/27/2021 4:16 PM
yeah, i've used the button and made sure that YG is selected but it doesn't display on the main columns, you have to open up the PBP tab to see the result. It would be nice to see the yardage gained/lost at a glance without having to drill down
1/27/2021 4:54 PM
Yes it does depend on how wide your screen is. The tool has about 30 columns in total. If your screen is not wide enough to display all of them, it will collapse the other columns within the green plus sign icon for each row of data.

You can reorder the columns by dragging and dropping each column however you’d like, but the order is not preserved with future page refreshes.

When I tried to implement the saving of column order customization it was causing other display issues which made the page unusable.

I tend to agree that the best way of viewing and analyzing in detail is to use the button to export to Excel. That’s what I do when analyzing multiple game results at once.
1/29/2021 9:02 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Announcing GD Analyst companion/helper app for GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.