The left is not the resistance Topic

Really wild to see Silicon Valley, professional media, alphabet agencies and Dems assemble into a giant, grotesque Voltron in real time while telling everyone that the other guy is the hegemonic, overwhelming threat and doe-eyed naives buying it

Whatever Trump got in the way of was so important the true power structure had to reveal itself for the first time. Crazy *** thing to witness in real time.

People suffering from Trump derangement are basically mesmerized by the bait appendage of a monstrous anglerfish in the eternal darkness of the abyssopelagic, any light will do, so incredibly easily duped

10/25/2020 11:57 PM (edited)
My guess would be a combination of stopping the TPP, avoiding new wars, and generally slowing the globalization/open borders/oligarchy taking full power from nation-states agenda.

If you get in the way of war profiteering and enabling the super-rich to get richer, you gotta go.
10/25/2020 11:56 PM
Perfect lockstep between the centers of information dissemination and manipulation is just one of those things we have to accept under these extraordinary circumstances

These powers will be instantly and completely dropped once Biden wins and then we'll move Giga-Leviathan left
10/25/2020 11:59 PM
Yes, facebook is notoriously anti left. Great posts as always, you psychopath.
10/26/2020 12:06 AM

If you get in the way of war profiteering and enabling the super-rich to get richer, you gotta go.

10/26/2020 12:58 AM (edited)
"Yeah, Trump's super great on foreign policy. He's fighting against the military industrial complex and war profiteers"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/trump-as-us-arms-pitchman-.html
10/26/2020 1:02 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 10/25/2020 11:57:00 PM (view original):
Really wild to see Silicon Valley, professional media, alphabet agencies and Dems assemble into a giant, grotesque Voltron in real time while telling everyone that the other guy is the hegemonic, overwhelming threat and doe-eyed naives buying it

Whatever Trump got in the way of was so important the true power structure had to reveal itself for the first time. Crazy *** thing to witness in real time.

People suffering from Trump derangement are basically mesmerized by the bait appendage of a monstrous anglerfish in the eternal darkness of the abyssopelagic, any light will do, so incredibly easily duped

The funny thing is that you are the one being duped here. What's your evidence that silicon valley and the corporations are pro-Dems? Many vaguely came out in support of "equal rights" or whatever when the protests happened in June?

Huge shock: Corporations want to make money. Being pro-BLM is profitable right now, but actually taking action isn't. So they'll post the equivalent of a black box on their social media and go back to exploiting people and supporting Conservative causes. You dumbass reactionaries will lap it up and talk about how you're actually the one resisting power, meanwhile the actual left gets ****** by the actual power structure that exists.

"I saw an ad from Koch Industries saying that they want to make the environment better. Now I know that they want to take action against climate change. Yes, I am a free-thinker!"
10/26/2020 1:08 AM
3 straight dingers, tang. Well done.
10/26/2020 1:16 AM
Crazy how I used to think fascism meant the state working hand-in-glove, utterly unaccountably, with security services, the press and corporations

Thankfully now I know it means when a guy is uncouth about the air quality in India
10/26/2020 7:36 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/26/2020 1:08:00 AM (view original):

The funny thing is that you are the one being duped here. What's your evidence that silicon valley and the corporations are pro-Dems? Many vaguely came out in support of "equal rights" or whatever when the protests happened in June?

Huge shock: Corporations want to make money. Being pro-BLM is profitable right now, but actually taking action isn't. So they'll post the equivalent of a black box on their social media and go back to exploiting people and supporting Conservative causes. You dumbass reactionaries will lap it up and talk about how you're actually the one resisting power, meanwhile the actual left gets ****** by the actual power structure that exists.

"I saw an ad from Koch Industries saying that they want to make the environment better. Now I know that they want to take action against climate change. Yes, I am a free-thinker!"
See, this is why debating is useless. If you can't admit big tech leans left after all that's happened in the past week or so there's literally nothing that can convince you.
10/26/2020 7:38 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 10/26/2020 7:36:00 AM (view original):
Crazy how I used to think fascism meant the state working hand-in-glove, utterly unaccountably, with security services, the press and corporations

Thankfully now I know it means when a guy is uncouth about the air quality in India
Maybe you never knew what fascism means.

Are you suggesting that the Democratic Party is doing this? What evidence do you have?
10/26/2020 7:56 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 10/26/2020 7:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/26/2020 1:08:00 AM (view original):

See, this is why debating is useless. If you can't admit big tech leans left after all that's happened in the past week or so there's literally nothing that can convince you.
Would you accept it if someone on the left used this same logic with police brutality? Would you be OK with someone saying, "If you can't admit the police are racist after all that's happened in the past year (Floyd and Taylor) there's literally nothing that can convince you"?

You would never accept one or two examples as evidence of wholesale systemic bias. There is evidence you could give me that big tech leans left. For example, you could find a comprehensive study on bias in the use of TOS (like I could for police and criminal justice system). Or at the very least you can do better than "some platforms blocked one article from being linked because it violated their TOS."

You're no better than the people you criticize.
10/26/2020 8:05 AM
There’s literally evidence of Facebook changing its algorithms to hinder traffic to left wing media.
10/26/2020 8:53 AM
I envy both of you for your naivete. Things seemed so much better when I was a brainwashed liberal absolutely sure of what was good and what was bad and that I knew I was on the side of good. Who am I, with my near indigestible truths, to take that happiness away from you?
10/26/2020 10:02 AM (edited)
This just reads as "I can't justify my positions because I'm so much smarter than all of you."
10/26/2020 10:13 AM
12 Next ▸
The left is not the resistance Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.