Philadelphia Riots Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
2months ago this would be the lead story on CNN, Msnbc, ny times etc etc. Now it is being completely ignored by the national media. The 6th biggest city in the nation saw major looting, rioting, violence on its streets last night and ---- no coverage! But but but internal polls show American support of BLM is dropping (as it should!!). So the media conveniently decides to stop giving these protests major media focus. If you still dont believe the major media is working on behalf of Biden you're a brainwashed NPC.
10/27/2020 9:52 AM
I just watched this on CNN
10/27/2020 10:46 AM
lol. No worries. Because all3 didn't see it it didn't occur. That's the new "right" philosophy........ ignore FACTS and stuff you don't like or are afraid of.
10/27/2020 10:54 AM
Vote Trump!! Retain idiocy in Government and confirm to the Globe what we all really know. As a people we are the dumbest group of sheep on the planet!!
Vote for the EVIL you know because you are afraid of change!
Demand the right to Die!
Ignore the virus, it's all a Democrat hoax.
10/27/2020 10:56 AM
Posted by Tdiddy on 10/27/2020 10:46:00 AM (view original):
I just watched this on CNN
Not a single article on CNN's homepage referred to it as of 9 AM this morning.
10/27/2020 11:03 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/27/2020 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Vote Trump!! Retain idiocy in Government and confirm to the Globe what we all really know. As a people we are the dumbest group of sheep on the planet!!
Vote for the EVIL you know because you are afraid of change!
Demand the right to Die!
Ignore the virus, it's all a Democrat hoax.
Off topic. Any comment on the riots and looting and violence?
10/27/2020 11:06 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 10/27/2020 8:24:00 AM (view original):
30 police officers were injured overnight in Philadelphia as BLM rioters threw bricks, started fires, & looted stores. One female sergeant was hit by a car & had leg broken. Rioters are angry a black man who charged at police w/a knife was shot dead.

But CNN and other likeminded networks are trying to ignore the story...wonder why?
I looked it up, and the 30 number is being reported by some pretty sketchy sources. Plus I know how police report the injured; they're ******* ******* (remember when they claimed that a candle was a bomb?)

Still pretty bad obviously. I've never supported violence against police officers. From what I understand of the story (and we don't have all the facts) the shooting could potentially be justified. I haven't seen anyone claim that he charged at the police; all I know is that he had a knife and had some mental health issues.

In a related statement, I think it's funny, talking to some on the right, that you can get the impression that entire cities are being burned down. I think some of them genuinely don't believe Portland exists anymore. Someone will say "I'm in Portland" and a right-winger will ask how they're surviving the leftist mob as if that's not contained to one or two blocks.
10/27/2020 11:45 AM (edited)
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 10/27/2020 9:53:00 AM (view original):
2months ago this would be the lead story on CNN, Msnbc, ny times etc etc. Now it is being completely ignored by the national media. The 6th biggest city in the nation saw major looting, rioting, violence on its streets last night and ---- no coverage! But but but internal polls show American support of BLM is dropping (as it should!!). So the media conveniently decides to stop giving these protests major media focus. If you still dont believe the major media is working on behalf of Biden you're a brainwashed NPC.
Still no proof of systemic bias. Sad.

Why would I drop my support of BLM because of this?
10/27/2020 11:35 AM
NPC, you say? Interesting description.
10/27/2020 12:03 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/27/2020 10:54:00 AM (view original):
lol. No worries. Because all3 didn't see it it didn't occur. That's the new "right" philosophy........ ignore FACTS and stuff you don't like or are afraid of.
Yet another totally unoriginal post from a mindless mob-follower.
Trying to throw something back at me that I've been throwing at them for months.
Come on guys, at least pretend you have an original thought once in a while.
10/27/2020 1:33 PM
My broad view is this: for however much responsibility a victim has, it is also the case that we train police officers and give them generous pay and benefits with the expectation that they take on some amount of danger and maintain the peace with lethal force as a last recourse.

what exactly is the point in the training and the benefits if police officers will, instead, resort to lethal force at the first sign of any danger to themselves. why must ordinary citizens possess forbearance and control but police can follow their fears with question?

a mentally-ill man (guitaerander left that out) is walking toward you with a knife. his friends and family say he can be reasoned with, you don’t need to shoot. you are with your partner and there is nothing impeding your ability to keep distance. there is no clock ticking.

it seems like police officers should be able to handle this without killing the offender.

instead of asking about the responsibility of the victim, perhaps we should ask about the responsibility of people who represent the state in all its force, whose mandate is to serve and protect the entire public.

What do I know though, I’m a NPC.

10/27/2020 3:29 PM
Philadelphia Riots Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.