Poll: Trump is going to lose. What happens then? Topic

Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2020 10:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 10:17:00 PM (view original):
I don't believe the polls because there are tons of shy Trump voters out there. People are afraid to face backlash for openly supporting him. This is very real. Even someone at NBC picked up on it...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/biden-leading-trump-2020-polls-expect-election-day-be-repeat-ncna1245282
This has been repeatedly disproven. There is no shy Trump voter effect. If there was, there would probably be a shy Biden voter effect too, in rural areas. Further, we would probably see similar effects among far-right candidates in Europe (we don't).
Disproven by who? It existed 4 years ago. There are more now...fact.
11/2/2020 10:56 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2020 10:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 9:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2020 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting. It is distinguished from political campaigning in that campaigning attempts to change likely voting behavior by changing the opinions of potential voters through persuasion and organization, activating otherwise inactive voters, or registering new supporters. Voter suppression, instead, attempts to reduce the number of voters who might vote against a candidate or proposition.
We all understand what voter suppression is. How does releasing pro-Democrat polls discourage or prevent Republicans from voting?
It may not, in fact it may have a reverse effect. Trump supporters are rabid. Their enthusiasm numbers are through the roof. You should never poke a bear...

Dino from a few weeks ago(I saved it)

It is going to be an 8 point romp for Biden.
the house will get 10 - 12 new dems.
the senate will be 55 blue.

it is the continuation of 2018 on Covid.
i have converted 2 people to the cause.

the people that I know that will vote for trump think he is a fruitcake and a bum but like the tax cut..that’s the only thing he offers them but they are selfish.

there are plenty of right to center people or middle people who voted trump in 16 and think he is bullshit for them now and are peeling off.

it won’t be close.
hillary with nothing but negatives won popular by 2 points.
this one is a baked cake.
joe gets his solid share of love but massive like.
he is clearly the “attractive “ candidate and that candidate when there is space always wins.
trump by now has lost his shine and is the ugly candidate.
he will lose.
You, earlier today: "How would you feel if for whatever the reason they simply inflate the numbers, trying to suppress Republican voters?"

Trump has also repeatedly claimed that these are "voter suppression polls."

I appreciate the backtrack, though. Was genuinely curious how you were going to spin out of this one.
I wasn't trying to squirm out. Admittedly it would be difficult to prove intent. My hypothesis is not off the rails though...much of what the MSM has done lately is blatantly partisan. You don't publish 95% negative print by accident.
11/2/2020 11:11 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 10:56:00 PM (view original):
I don't believe the polls because there are tons of shy Trump voters out there. People are afraid to face backlash for openly supporting him. This is very real. Even someone at NBC picked up on it...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/biden-leading-trump-2020-polls-expect-election-day-be-repeat-ncna1245282
This has been repeatedly disproven. There is no shy Trump voter effect. If there was, there would probably be a shy Biden voter effect too, in rural areas. Further, we would probably see similar effects among far-right candidates in Europe (we don't).
Trump himself said today he doesn’t have shy supporters.
11/2/2020 11:13 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting. It is distinguished from political campaigning in that campaigning attempts to change likely voting behavior by changing the opinions of potential voters through persuasion and organization, activating otherwise inactive voters, or registering new supporters. Voter suppression, instead, attempts to reduce the number of voters who might vote against a candidate or proposition.
We all understand what voter suppression is. How does releasing pro-Democrat polls discourage or prevent Republicans from voting?
It may not, in fact it may have a reverse effect. Trump supporters are rabid. Their enthusiasm numbers are through the roof. You should never poke a bear...

the people that I know that will vote for trump think he is a fruitcake and a bum but like the tax cut..that’s the only thing he offers them but they are selfish.

there are plenty of right to center people or middle people who voted trump in 16 and think he is bullshit for them now and are peeling off.

it won’t be close.
he is clearly the “attractive “ candidate and that candidate when there is space always wins.
he will lose.
You, earlier today: "How would you feel if for whatever the reason they simply inflate the numbers, trying to suppress Republican voters?"

I appreciate the backtrack, though. Was genuinely curious how you were going to spin out of this one.
I wasn't trying to squirm out. Admittedly it would be difficult to prove intent. My hypothesis is not off the rails though...much of what the MSM has done lately is blatantly partisan. You don't publish 95% negative print by accident.
Lol nope, you don’t publish that much negativity about a candidate by accident. 100% with you on that one, hahahaha
11/2/2020 11:15 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/2/2020 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 11/2/2020 10:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/2/2020 9:47:00 PM (view original):
If Trump loses, you can kiss your freedoms goodbye. Kiss the good life Good bye because the left will hand the US over to it's enemies.. and they are half way there already. It's universities turning out marxist branwashed lefties by the dozen. That process has been in play for over 40 years now, and the people have been blinded.
Which freedoms are we kissing goodbye? Will we be able to go to a concert?
You will see. just wait. I can't explain this if you are under say age 60, because you have not seen life 'before Gangsta rap' so no frame of reference.. but some of your freedoms are gone already.
Oh, so if I don’t know about life before gangsta rap - something that hasn’t been around for maybe 20 years now- I have no frame of reference for freedoms? Alright
11/2/2020 11:17 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 10:54:00 PM (view original):
I will stop short of referring to it as brainwashing. There have been many very public speaking engagements scheduled on college campuses for conservatives that have been canceled to squelch their views. Free speech is being challenged by Democrats, the same party a generation ago that screamed bloody murder any time those rights were infringed upon. Ted Kennedy would have walked on burning sand to defend free speech.
lol free speech is when everyone has to hear all about my stupid ideas
11/2/2020 11:18 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 10:56:00 PM (view original):

By basic logical analysis. Can you prove its existence on a wide scale?
11/2/2020 11:19 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 11:11:00 PM (view original):

it won’t be close.
he will lose.

So maybe don't make claims without sufficient evidence to back it up.

Maybe 95% of the stories about Trump are negative because 95% of the Presidency has been him doing bad stuff?
11/2/2020 11:20 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2020 11:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 11/2/2020 10:54:00 PM (view original):
I will stop short of referring to it as brainwashing. There have been many very public speaking engagements scheduled on college campuses for conservatives that have been canceled to squelch their views. Free speech is being challenged by Democrats, the same party a generation ago that screamed bloody murder any time those rights were infringed upon. Ted Kennedy would have walked on burning sand to defend free speech.
lol free speech is when everyone has to hear all about my stupid ideas
#nailedit

people have lost their minds about free speech. The government can’t tell you what you can and can’t say. That’s it, guys. That’s free speech. If you’re an ******* and people are like “I don’t want to listen to this *******,” that’s not censorship. That’s you failing in the marketplace of ideas, this is conservatism 101 actually.
11/2/2020 11:22 PM
I live in a rural (rather small) neighborhood. Maybe 250 folks. Shy Trump voter is a ridiculous concept round these parts.

There are (maybe) 40 - 50 displays for Trump. (Trump/Pence signs, Trump 2020 "No More Bullshit", (those are MY favorites as I laugh every time I drive by knowing how absolutely FULL of bullshit Trump is), Gun owners for Trump Flags, etc etc. There is ONE display for Biden.

I have a flag pole and property along one of the streets. I have refused to display anything for anyone.
However, tomorrow (or post election) I am doing a series of signs (like the old Burma Shave signs) along the road that say..........

"Hey" ------- then "You're"............... then "FIRED"

And I'm gonna fly my Giant U.S. Flag for the 1st time in 4 years. It was given to my Mom upon the death of my veteran Father!
11/3/2020 8:05 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 11/2/2020 11:17:00 PM (view original):
If Trump loses, you can kiss your freedoms goodbye. Kiss the good life Good bye because the left will hand the US over to it's enemies.. and they are half way there already. It's universities turning out marxist branwashed lefties by the dozen. That process has been in play for over 40 years now, and the people have been blinded.
You will see. just wait. I can't explain this if you are under say age 60, because you have not seen life 'before Gangsta rap' so no frame of reference.. but some of your freedoms are gone already.
Oh, so if I don’t know about life before gangsta rap - something that hasn’t been around for maybe 20 years now- I have no frame of reference for freedoms? Alright
Why do you continue to talk about things you obviously know ZERO about? Gangsta rap 20 years old - you are such a worthless ignorant fool.
As I've suggested before, a simple Google search before you post your BS would save you a TON of embarrassment.
11/3/2020 10:51 AM
Posted by all3 on 11/3/2020 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Why do you continue to talk about things you obviously know ZERO about? Gangsta rap 20 years old - you are such a worthless ignorant fool.
As I've suggested before, a simple Google search before you post your BS would save you a TON of embarrassment.
The only “embarrassment” on this site is YOU. Your parents must be proud of the ******* hypocrite they raised.
11/3/2020 11:25 AM
Posted by all3 on 11/3/2020 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Oh god you’re coming apart at the seams, how does “Gangsta rap 20 years old” make me a worthless ignorant fool? Did you think I said it was 20 years old when it’s been around since the late 80s so that makes me dumb, despite not having said that?

I said gangsta rap hasn’t been a thing for 20 years, there are no gangsta rappers anymore, as a genre it ceased to exist because of its waning popularity and such bringing it up is weird and dog whistle as hell and betrays his ignorance, actually.

You just prove you have no reading comprehension once again.
11/3/2020 11:43 AM
I'm man enough to admit I read that wrong. You should try admitting you're wrong once - it would feel great. Just keep twisting and denying though. Whatever works for ya.
11/3/2020 2:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Poll: Trump is going to lose. What happens then? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.