BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Gary Bauer is a nutjob and a zealot...........akin to Jimmy Swaggert, Oral the Okie........money changers who use.the Name of the Creator for profit.
I deplore all their words and actions!
4/28/2022 6:45 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/28/2022 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/26/2022 3:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/26/2022 2:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 4/26/2022 1:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/26/2022 1:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 4/25/2022 12:24:00 PM (view original):
"By the beginning of April, the economy had added 7.9 million jobs, and unemployment was close to a 50-year low at 3.6%. Meanwhile, the deficit is dropping: we should carve $1.3 trillion off it this year."

IF this economic trend continues and persists our current POTUS will go down in history as the finest POTUS in modern History-----------barring any dumbass decisions and sudden catastrophes (like Health issues, etc.).

One question for all you right-leaners............Has a Republican administration EVER managed to deliver a balanced budget?
Clinton (of all folks!!) did it.
And reducing the budget deficit is the fist step towards doing it again!!

That would be twice for the supposed "taxers and spenders" and squat/zippo/NADA for the Party that SUPPOSEDLY believes in fiscal sense.

When are (some) folks gonna figure out that they've been lied to now for DECADES by this allegiance of racists/TP-ers and anti-government (of ANY kind but their narrow view) neer-do-wells calling themselves Republicans.

DDE is rolling in his grave. Can't imagine what Lincoln would say to these losers like Trump, Jordan, Meadows, MTG, Gaetz, etc.
Probably *****-slap them!
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but every time I see these claims I think they need to be called out. Talk about seeing the rosy part of the picture with a serious case of myopia...

Yes, Clinton balanced the budget. He did not cut spending. He marginally raised taxes. By far and away the leading factor in the Clinton balanced budget was increased tax revenue resulting from unsustainable economic growth, the result of economic deregulation and Federal policies that actively encouraged unsustainable market growth in a tech sector that wasn't particularly well-monetized at the time. Clinton didn't start deregulation (Reagan did), and W. continued it right until the Great Recession hit. Apparently the only administration that had even a vague notion that unsustainable economic growth would create a big bubble that would ultimately burst and hurt a lot of people was Bush I, but Clinton's administration was as culpable as any. Giving Clinton credit for balancing the budget, while at the same time being ready to criticize Bush for his economic policy, is blatantly talking out of both sides of the mouth. Those things are 2 sides of the same coin. During Clinton's presidency real GDP growth was about 4% per year. That's pretty good. Market growth was about 30% per year. That's a lot of taxable money coming from nowhere. Clinton doesn't deserve overly much credit for that.
Maybe he deserves credit, maybe he doesn't, but it did happen when he was in office, which is more than any other recent POTUS can say.
All well and good. Only thing I might argue is this. Since I came on the scene in 1945. America has never had a great recession. 2020 was a big hit, but everything on the DOW and NYSE came back and if you had held on, you would be ahead of 2 yrs ago.

There was a big market dip in 2018, 2016. 2008-9 and that was a harsh correction, and then the dot com bust in 00-1. Before that, the roughest ride was from 1970 to 1974 when stocks stayed in the tank for those 4 years. BUT, you still got the dividends. Before then, the biggest bear market was 1962 and it lasted for about 10 months. Early 80's hit us with huge interest rates, but the market came back.... Canadian banks stocks almost tripled from 1980 to mid 84, and their divvies were still ~ = 4% and that was less than 40% of earnings

There has been only one Great Depression, and my parents lived though it as did my grandparents. We have never had anything close to it. Thank God almighty for that

Can't say I am optimistic about 2023 though, with this nutjob running loose in Europe.

I seriously pray for Biden and the US Military and that Joe and his entourage will find the wisdom and courage to stand up to Putin and do so effectively. I think Pukin is nuts enough to hit the big button.. but so far, he is talking tough, to the rest of the world. Russia often would do that and then back off when it was time to step outside. That is the nature of a bully, and Russia imo is just that. Always has been, but they are MAGOG and their ultimate end will be total destruction. I am sad for it's citizens
Says 2008-2009 was a correction?
Gee wiz - I read a post from a man who can see but reads braille.
I have seen much worse times than that. I held some blue chips during that one. but the bear market was about a year. You could have bought MSFT for $20 bux, Home Depot for $22, and McD for $47. They are now at about $310 $330 and $250 a share. I am anything but blind.

Do you know what a bear market is? Do you know why they happen? Do you know what a correction is? 08 was a mix of both.

Your Obama clown bailed out Bank America with a multi billion plus gift.. What did they do? They paid their OUTgoing CEO over $ 35 million dollars. YOUR tax money at work, and oh yes, it is BAC that bought the disappearing stock of Wachovia. THEY (WACH) were laundering money.. Obama doesn't have an ounce of business sense in his head. A real man would have told then to sink or swim.

FORD, did not take a dime of bailout money. Their stock dropped to $1.02 a share in Nov 2008. You should have bought some. It was over $12 within 2 years, and with a divvy of around 4 percent.

I do wish I had bought Ford in that November fall
You are clueless. CLUELESS!
The 1929 CRASH was not a correction.
90% of the market was lost over 4 years.
And it started before the big crash.
It could not correct itself on its own.
It took the big brain people to bring in radical social and economic policies to save the market and maybe the country.

2008–2009 was the same and even worse.
Worse you question. How could that be.
1929 took 4 years. 2008 took 1 and a half years to sink 50% of the market and the remains was sinking like a rock in the ocean.

Again it took the adults and the big brain people to save the day. The brainless idiots wearing short pants with white sox and back shoes with their shorts and a beanie with a propeller on it we’re praying for Obama to tell them what to do before he even got into the White House.
It was a meltdown and no correction could come because the patient was on the death bed and vital signs and brain waves were about to expire.
The administration was trying band aids and prayer and witch doctors. The patient would soon be dead.
The firm of Obama, Biden and Associates did an immediate life saving operation and life saving therapeutics and the patient was saved and stronger then before and much better protected.

So think!
4/28/2022 7:06 PM (edited)
4/28/2022 7:10 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/28/2022 7:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/28/2022 9:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/26/2022 3:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/26/2022 2:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 4/26/2022 1:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/26/2022 1:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 4/25/2022 12:24:00 PM (view original):
"By the beginning of April, the economy had added 7.9 million jobs, and unemployment was close to a 50-year low at 3.6%. Meanwhile, the deficit is dropping: we should carve $1.3 trillion off it this year."

IF this economic trend continues and persists our current POTUS will go down in history as the finest POTUS in modern History-----------barring any dumbass decisions and sudden catastrophes (like Health issues, etc.).

One question for all you right-leaners............Has a Republican administration EVER managed to deliver a balanced budget?
Clinton (of all folks!!) did it.
And reducing the budget deficit is the fist step towards doing it again!!

That would be twice for the supposed "taxers and spenders" and squat/zippo/NADA for the Party that SUPPOSEDLY believes in fiscal sense.

When are (some) folks gonna figure out that they've been lied to now for DECADES by this allegiance of racists/TP-ers and anti-government (of ANY kind but their narrow view) neer-do-wells calling themselves Republicans.

DDE is rolling in his grave. Can't imagine what Lincoln would say to these losers like Trump, Jordan, Meadows, MTG, Gaetz, etc.
Probably *****-slap them!
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but every time I see these claims I think they need to be called out. Talk about seeing the rosy part of the picture with a serious case of myopia...

Yes, Clinton balanced the budget. He did not cut spending. He marginally raised taxes. By far and away the leading factor in the Clinton balanced budget was increased tax revenue resulting from unsustainable economic growth, the result of economic deregulation and Federal policies that actively encouraged unsustainable market growth in a tech sector that wasn't particularly well-monetized at the time. Clinton didn't start deregulation (Reagan did), and W. continued it right until the Great Recession hit. Apparently the only administration that had even a vague notion that unsustainable economic growth would create a big bubble that would ultimately burst and hurt a lot of people was Bush I, but Clinton's administration was as culpable as any. Giving Clinton credit for balancing the budget, while at the same time being ready to criticize Bush for his economic policy, is blatantly talking out of both sides of the mouth. Those things are 2 sides of the same coin. During Clinton's presidency real GDP growth was about 4% per year. That's pretty good. Market growth was about 30% per year. That's a lot of taxable money coming from nowhere. Clinton doesn't deserve overly much credit for that.
Maybe he deserves credit, maybe he doesn't, but it did happen when he was in office, which is more than any other recent POTUS can say.
All well and good. Only thing I might argue is this. Since I came on the scene in 1945. America has never had a great recession. 2020 was a big hit, but everything on the DOW and NYSE came back and if you had held on, you would be ahead of 2 yrs ago.

There was a big market dip in 2018, 2016. 2008-9 and that was a harsh correction, and then the dot com bust in 00-1. Before that, the roughest ride was from 1970 to 1974 when stocks stayed in the tank for those 4 years. BUT, you still got the dividends. Before then, the biggest bear market was 1962 and it lasted for about 10 months. Early 80's hit us with huge interest rates, but the market came back.... Canadian banks stocks almost tripled from 1980 to mid 84, and their divvies were still ~ = 4% and that was less than 40% of earnings

There has been only one Great Depression, and my parents lived though it as did my grandparents. We have never had anything close to it. Thank God almighty for that

Can't say I am optimistic about 2023 though, with this nutjob running loose in Europe.

I seriously pray for Biden and the US Military and that Joe and his entourage will find the wisdom and courage to stand up to Putin and do so effectively. I think Pukin is nuts enough to hit the big button.. but so far, he is talking tough, to the rest of the world. Russia often would do that and then back off when it was time to step outside. That is the nature of a bully, and Russia imo is just that. Always has been, but they are MAGOG and their ultimate end will be total destruction. I am sad for it's citizens
Says 2008-2009 was a correction?
Gee wiz - I read a post from a man who can see but reads braille.
I have seen much worse times than that. I held some blue chips during that one. but the bear market was about a year. You could have bought MSFT for $20 bux, Home Depot for $22, and McD for $47. They are now at about $310 $330 and $250 a share. I am anything but blind.

Do you know what a bear market is? Do you know why they happen? Do you know what a correction is? 08 was a mix of both.

Your Obama clown bailed out Bank America with a multi billion plus gift.. What did they do? They paid their OUTgoing CEO over $ 35 million dollars. YOUR tax money at work, and oh yes, it is BAC that bought the disappearing stock of Wachovia. THEY (WACH) were laundering money.. Obama doesn't have an ounce of business sense in his head. A real man would have told then to sink or swim.

FORD, did not take a dime of bailout money. Their stock dropped to $1.02 a share in Nov 2008. You should have bought some. It was over $12 within 2 years, and with a divvy of around 4 percent.

I do wish I had bought Ford in that November fall
You are clueless. CLUELESS!
The 1929 CRASH was not a correction.
90% of the market was lost over 4 years.
And it started before the big crash.
It could not correct itself on its own.
It took the big brain people to bring in radical social and economic policies to save the market and maybe the country.

2008–2009 was the same and even worse.
Worse you question. How could that be.
1929 took 4 years. 2008 took 1 and a half years to sink 50% of the market and the remains was sinking like a rock in the ocean.

Again it took the adults and the big brain people to save the day. The brainless idiots wearing short pants with white sox and back shoes with their shorts and a beanie with a propeller on it we’re praying for Obama to tell them what to do before he even got into the White House.
It was a meltdown and no correction could come because the patient was on the death bed and vital signs and brain waves were about to expire.
The administration was trying band aids and prayer and witch doctors. The patient would soon be dead.
The firm of Obama, Biden and Associates did an immediate life saving operation and life saving therapeutics and the patient was saved and stronger then before and much better protected.

So think!
I did not say that 1929 was a correction. Anyone with a brain (even you) knows that the crash set of a depression that lasted over ten years.

Your so called 'big brain' people have NEVER saved the day. The day gets saved by men who posess courage, integrity, and wisdom. Three things you do not, nor ever will understand

You are unable to think outside your own toy box??

One thing we tend to do is read things too quickly, and even skim over some stuff. THEN we jump on the comment.

I know more about the 1929 crash depression than anyone on these boards, because I grew up with people who lived through it, and that includes my 4 grandparents

and by the way, gratuitous narcissistic innuendos like the ones I see on these boards every day do not impress me. They are the product of a self centered depraved mind

and your firm of Obama and Biden just might usher in the end of America. because they are WEAK, and too scared to stand up to the bully of Europe. One guy who is GLAD Trump is NOT in is Putin.. the guy you say Trump if friends with. Trump hates Putins guts

DO you understand this??

Didn't think so
4/29/2022 3:35 AM (edited)
"...and your firm of Obama and Biden just might usher in the end of America. because they are WEAK, and too scared to stand up to the bully of Europe. One guy who is GLAD Trump is NOT in is Putin.. the guy you say Trump if friends with. Trump hates Putins guts"

LOL!!

Sorry Charlie, but your statement (quoted above) is completely delusional.................

WhereEVER did you get the notion that Putin is glad Biden is POTUS not Trump!
Every bit of public evidence that exists demonstrates exactly the opposite.

Had Trump remained in office (Thank Ussen that nightmare is over) Russia (putin) would have overrun the Ukraine long ago. It was Biden who helped organize the coalition that has STOOD strongly opposing Putin's war. We American taxpayers are being asked to spend our tax dollars to assist with arms for Ukraine. MOST of us are OK with that as we realize that NOT stopping Putin here and now will bear a greater cost.

BTW. You're NOT the only old guy around here. My grandparents migrated west (to Sumas!) in the 1930's-------slept in a refrigerator box on the side of the highway enroute. You're NOT the only feller around with age/experience.
I am always surprised by how naive many of your comments are-------given your so-called age and experience.

You can't even discern bullies and con-men from true leaders.

4/29/2022 8:49 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
4/29/2022 3:31 PM
AM radio

sports talk and retahd rants

everything i do is out of fear

what? i got vaccinated? i'm a sheep

what? i wore a mask? i'm a fraidy cat

what? i ordered a vegetarian omlet coffee black toast dry down at the Denny's for brunch? I AM A COWARD

think of this, conservatives

who is whippin whose *** in a land war in asia right now

joe f*ckin biden

mister dodderin old liberal

half franklin delano roosevelt half harry i will show you truman

suck it, sean & tucker & clay
4/29/2022 4:18 PM
4/29/2022 4:47 PM
& doug
4/29/2022 4:56 PM

4/29/2022 5:37 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/29/2022 5:37:00 PM (view original):

A real president tells them to inject themselves with bleach.
And watch out for lethal flying tomatoes. They can kill you.
4/29/2022 5:57 PM

Here's the full transcript of Trump's comments:

"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

4/29/2022 6:08 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/29/2022 6:08:00 PM (view original):

Here's the full transcript of Trump's comments:

"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

Comedy Central from a true man of science
and great judgement. That man had the nuclear codes.
It reminds me of the day that he proudly bragged about passing a test that screened for dementia.
I wonder if he cheated.

The man knows how to whip half brained morons into a frenzy but he was the dumbest horses *** to ever sit in the Oval Office.

And had more evil then 10 Richard Nixons.
4/29/2022 6:34 PM (edited)
You weren't around for either AJ's were you?
4/29/2022 6:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...85|86|87|88|89...140 Next ▸
BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.