BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Posted by laramiebob on 4/25/2022 12:24:00 PM (view original):
"By the beginning of April, the economy had added 7.9 million jobs, and unemployment was close to a 50-year low at 3.6%. Meanwhile, the deficit is dropping: we should carve $1.3 trillion off it this year."

IF this economic trend continues and persists our current POTUS will go down in history as the finest POTUS in modern History-----------barring any dumbass decisions and sudden catastrophes (like Health issues, etc.).

One question for all you right-leaners............Has a Republican administration EVER managed to deliver a balanced budget?
Clinton (of all folks!!) did it.
And reducing the budget deficit is the fist step towards doing it again!!

That would be twice for the supposed "taxers and spenders" and squat/zippo/NADA for the Party that SUPPOSEDLY believes in fiscal sense.

When are (some) folks gonna figure out that they've been lied to now for DECADES by this allegiance of racists/TP-ers and anti-government (of ANY kind but their narrow view) neer-do-wells calling themselves Republicans.

DDE is rolling in his grave. Can't imagine what Lincoln would say to these losers like Trump, Jordan, Meadows, MTG, Gaetz, etc.
Probably *****-slap them!
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but every time I see these claims I think they need to be called out. Talk about seeing the rosy part of the picture with a serious case of myopia...

Yes, Clinton balanced the budget. He did not cut spending. He marginally raised taxes. By far and away the leading factor in the Clinton balanced budget was increased tax revenue resulting from unsustainable economic growth, the result of economic deregulation and Federal policies that actively encouraged unsustainable market growth in a tech sector that wasn't particularly well-monetized at the time. Clinton didn't start deregulation (Reagan did), and W. continued it right until the Great Recession hit. Apparently the only administration that had even a vague notion that unsustainable economic growth would create a big bubble that would ultimately burst and hurt a lot of people was Bush I, but Clinton's administration was as culpable as any. Giving Clinton credit for balancing the budget, while at the same time being ready to criticize Bush for his economic policy, is blatantly talking out of both sides of the mouth. Those things are 2 sides of the same coin. During Clinton's presidency real GDP growth was about 4% per year. That's pretty good. Market growth was about 30% per year. That's a lot of taxable money coming from nowhere. Clinton doesn't deserve overly much credit for that.
4/26/2022 1:22 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 4/26/2022 1:04:00 AM (view original):

That DUMMY is a HYPOCRITICAL WHITE TRASH LIAR
You read my post and applied it.
kudo.
4/26/2022 1:31 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/26/2022 1:22:00 AM (view original):
"By the beginning of April, the economy had added 7.9 million jobs, and unemployment was close to a 50-year low at 3.6%. Meanwhile, the deficit is dropping: we should carve $1.3 trillion off it this year."

IF this economic trend continues and persists our current POTUS will go down in history as the finest POTUS in modern History-----------barring any dumbass decisions and sudden catastrophes (like Health issues, etc.).

One question for all you right-leaners............Has a Republican administration EVER managed to deliver a balanced budget?

That would be twice for the supposed "taxers and spenders" and squat/zippo/NADA for the Party that SUPPOSEDLY believes in fiscal sense.

When are (some) folks gonna figure out that they've been lied to now for DECADES by this allegiance of racists/TP-ers and anti-government (of ANY kind but their narrow view) neer-do-wells calling themselves Republicans.

DDE is rolling in his grave. Can't imagine what Lincoln would say to these losers like Trump, Jordan, Meadows, MTG, Gaetz, etc.
Ok, I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but every time I see these claims I think they need to be called out. Talk about seeing the rosy part of the picture with a serious case of myopia...

Yes, Clinton balanced the budget. He did not cut spending. He marginally raised taxes. By far and away the leading factor in the Clinton balanced budget was increased tax revenue resulting from unsustainable economic growth, the result of economic deregulation and Federal policies that actively encouraged unsustainable market growth in a tech sector that wasn't particularly well-monetized at the time. Clinton didn't start deregulation (Reagan did), and W. continued it right until the Great Recession hit. Apparently the only administration that had even a vague notion that unsustainable economic growth would create a big bubble that would ultimately burst and hurt a lot of people was Bush I, but Clinton's administration was as culpable as any. Giving Clinton credit for balancing the budget, while at the same time being ready to criticize Bush for his economic policy, is blatantly talking out of both sides of the mouth. Those things are 2 sides of the same coin. During Clinton's presidency real GDP growth was about 4% per year. That's pretty good. Market growth was about 30% per year. That's a lot of taxable money coming from nowhere. Clinton doesn't deserve overly much credit for that.
Maybe he deserves credit, maybe he doesn't, but it did happen when he was in office, which is more than any other recent POTUS can say.
4/26/2022 1:58 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/26/2022 1:58:00 AM (view original):

Maybe he deserves credit, maybe he doesn't, but it did happen when he was in office, which is more than any other recent POTUS can say.
All well and good. Only thing I might argue is this. Since I came on the scene in 1945. America has never had a great recession. 2020 was a big hit, but everything on the DOW and NYSE came back and if you had held on, you would be ahead of 2 yrs ago.

There was a big market dip in 2018, 2016. 2008-9 and that was a harsh correction, and then the dot com bust in 00-1. Before that, the roughest ride was from 1970 to 1974 when stocks stayed in the tank for those 4 years. BUT, you still got the dividends. Before then, the biggest bear market was 1962 and it lasted for about 10 months. Early 80's hit us with huge interest rates, but the market came back.... Canadian banks stocks almost tripled from 1980 to mid 84, and their divvies were still ~ = 4% and that was less than 40% of earnings

There has been only one Great Depression, and my parents lived though it as did my grandparents. We have never had anything close to it. Thank God almighty for that

Can't say I am optimistic about 2023 though, with this nutjob running loose in Europe.

I seriously pray for Biden and the US Military and that Joe and his entourage will find the wisdom and courage to stand up to Putin and do so effectively. I think Pukin is nuts enough to hit the big button.. but so far, he is talking tough, to the rest of the world. Russia often would do that and then back off when it was time to step outside. That is the nature of a bully, and Russia imo is just that. Always has been, but they are MAGOG and their ultimate end will be total destruction. I am sad for it's citizens
4/26/2022 2:35 AM (edited)
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/26/2022 2:35:00 AM (view original):

All well and good. Only thing I might argue is this. Since I came on the scene in 1945. America has never had a great recession. 2020 was a big hit, but everything on the DOW and NYSE came back and if you had held on, you would be ahead of 2 yrs ago.

There was a big market dip in 2018, 2016. 2008-9 and that was a harsh correction, and then the dot com bust in 00-1. Before that, the roughest ride was from 1970 to 1974 when stocks stayed in the tank for those 4 years. BUT, you still got the dividends. Before then, the biggest bear market was 1962 and it lasted for about 10 months. Early 80's hit us with huge interest rates, but the market came back.... Canadian banks stocks almost tripled from 1980 to mid 84, and their divvies were still ~ = 4% and that was less than 40% of earnings

There has been only one Great Depression, and my parents lived though it as did my grandparents. We have never had anything close to it. Thank God almighty for that

Can't say I am optimistic about 2023 though, with this nutjob running loose in Europe.

I seriously pray for Biden and the US Military and that Joe and his entourage will find the wisdom and courage to stand up to Putin and do so effectively. I think Pukin is nuts enough to hit the big button.. but so far, he is talking tough, to the rest of the world. Russia often would do that and then back off when it was time to step outside. That is the nature of a bully, and Russia imo is just that. Always has been, but they are MAGOG and their ultimate end will be total destruction. I am sad for it's citizens
Says 2008-2009 was a correction?
Gee wiz - I read a post from a man who can see but reads braille.
4/26/2022 3:16 AM
I must clarify I see. Clinton is no example I (personally) would point at as having been a good POTUS. Frankly, I think He stunk!!

BUT, whatever the reason, whatever the cause, with or without HIS doing anything of merit.............our National budget got BALANCED!!!
Only time in my lifetime!!

Under the following administration (Republican)...........that balanced budget was (nearly) immediately blown up.
Drastically. Yes, there were excuses for doing so.
There are ALWAYS excuses as to why you need to spend more money than you bring in.
They are NEVER good enough to continue that budget approach long-term.

Republicans talk the game--------------but NEVER have walked the walk.
Which is typical for them.
The Party of liars and hypocrites............seemingly (these days!!) out to end the great democratic experiment in favor of fascism or (perhaps) a return to segregation.

I say it again. Lincoln would ***** slap the current crop of Republicans.
4/26/2022 9:28 AM (edited)
"I seriously pray for Biden and the US Military and that Joe and his entourage will find the wisdom and courage to stand up to Putin and do so effectively. I think Pukin is nuts enough to hit the big button.. but so far, he is talking tough, to the rest of the world. Russia often would do that and then back off when it was time to step outside. That is the nature of a bully, and Russia imo is just that. Always has been, but they are MAGOG and their ultimate end will be total destruction. I am sad for it's citizens"

Thank You, resident Canuck poster!!

I am in agreement with you here.
I also ask Ussen for Peace and for succor for the PEOPLE of the Ukraine and Russia.

Now, one tiny question.............
It seems that you CAN recognize a bully.

So...............what happened on Trump??
How can you not discern the same character trait?
Trump wouldn't have made it thru my middle-school without learning how we treat bullies in American free culture.
We TEACH them that THAT behavior is NOT tolerated in folks.

Trump's Daddy's $$$ and his private (special!) schooling prevented him from learning what the most of us know clearly.
Bullies get taking down...............harshly!!
4/26/2022 9:35 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/26/2022 9:35:00 AM (view original):
"I seriously pray for Biden and the US Military and that Joe and his entourage will find the wisdom and courage to stand up to Putin and do so effectively. I think Pukin is nuts enough to hit the big button.. but so far, he is talking tough, to the rest of the world. Russia often would do that and then back off when it was time to step outside. That is the nature of a bully, and Russia imo is just that. Always has been, but they are MAGOG and their ultimate end will be total destruction. I am sad for it's citizens"

I also ask Ussen for Peace and for succor for the PEOPLE of the Ukraine and Russia.

Trump wouldn't have made it thru my middle-school without learning how we treat bullies in American free culture.

Trump's Daddy's $$$ and his private (special!) schooling prevented him from learning what the most of us know clearly.
Duh.
I think he will cry uncle.
4/26/2022 10:08 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/26/2022 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 4/26/2022 9:35:00 AM (view original):

Duh.
I think he will cry uncle.
This thread is not about Trump.
4/27/2022 9:22 AM
You are correct I guess. However, I believe the ONLY reason Biden was elected POTUS is because of his opponent.
My vote, and millions of others I'd wager, was cast AGAINST someone I saw as a menace to Democracy, a threat to peace on earth, a bully and a self-aggrandizing delusional braggart, and even more importantly a LIAR, a FRAUD, a true con-man of our modern era, someone about as UNFIT to be a leader of ANYTHING as anyone I've ever witnessed in my 50 years of adult life.

Thus, I pray daily for Biden. I ask for him to be given wisdom, patience, and rhino skin.
Our nation is full of a bunch of wannabe Booth's.
4/27/2022 11:40 AM
Posted by Jetson21 on 4/26/2022 3:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 4/26/2022 2:35:00 AM (view original):

Says 2008-2009 was a correction?
Gee wiz - I read a post from a man who can see but reads braille.
I have seen much worse times than that. I held some blue chips during that one. but the bear market was about a year. You could have bought MSFT for $20 bux, Home Depot for $22, and McD for $47. They are now at about $310 $330 and $250 a share. I am anything but blind.

Do you know what a bear market is? Do you know why they happen? Do you know what a correction is? 08 was a mix of both.

Your Obama clown bailed out Bank America with a multi billion plus gift.. What did they do? They paid their OUTgoing CEO over $ 35 million dollars. YOUR tax money at work, and oh yes, it is BAC that bought the disappearing stock of Wachovia. THEY (WACH) were laundering money.. Obama doesn't have an ounce of business sense in his head. A real man would have told then to sink or swim.

FORD, did not take a dime of bailout money. Their stock dropped to $1.02 a share in Nov 2008. You should have bought some. It was over $12 within 2 years, and with a divvy of around 4 percent.

I do wish I had bought Ford in that November fall
4/28/2022 9:14 AM
it's funny how anyone who does not agree with your views is evil, or a clown, or some other disparaging name. Doesn't seem very christian to me.
4/28/2022 5:16 PM
“While our schools are overrun with drugs and failing to actually educate, the left is going to the mat to force critical race theory and gender confusion on our children. But a coach praying on the football field is seen as a threat to our children.” —Gary Bauer
4/28/2022 5:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...84|85|86|87|88...140 Next ▸
BIDEN: Damn Fine President Today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.