What is Trump's End-Game? Topic

Disclaimer: I will redline any nonsense posted by Trumpers. If you don't want to, or are emotionally and.or intellectually unable to participate in a serious discussion, please post your crap in another thread. You've got a lot to choose from.

That said:

I can't quite figure our what Trump hopes to accomplish with his refusal to accept what appears to be a clear defeat. Both by popular vote, but also in Electoral College votes. This is a no-doubt loss.

Does he really think that somehow, over the next two months, something magically will happen that allows him to continue on with a second term?

Or, if he really does realize that he's lost and it's over, what does he hope to accomplish by pretending otherwise?

And what's the deal with all the GOP members in Congress who are still happily riding on the Trump train? While I get why they might have felt that they needed to suck up to him over the past four years while he was in power, out of fear of retribution, I also would have assumed that anybody with even the slightest bit of self-respect would be running to distance themselves from him now as quickly as possible now that he's on his way out.
11/10/2020 4:45 PM
He’s gonna start a new subscription network as “the real president” and charge $10.99 a month. And his sociopathic narcissism definitely doesn’t allow him to realize, recognize, or accept he lost so that helps with him.

I’ve never wanted a Trump movie at all and dread when Hollywood eventually does it, but I think I’d watch one centered just on this specific time: the administration and him after he lost. With the mental image in his head shattered, he could be full on delusional right now.

The GOP doesn’t give a **** and doesn’t want to lose fundraising in his name or the low propensity voters he turned out. If it creates random acts of violence throughout the country or doesn’t allow Biden to know national security concerns before moving into office, so be it.

They’re a sinking ship and who knows when it eventually goes down for good. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
11/10/2020 4:56 PM
I honestly think he thinks if he complains and whines enough, some people will believe him. He hopes it will be enough to keep him in the White House. I also think he doesn't really care so much about being president. His massive ego will not allow him to admit that he lost.
11/10/2020 5:31 PM
I do think it's partly irrational delusion. I also think He's running very scared. The "penalty" he could end up paying for making himself a "public" figure and drawing attention to all his financial "doings" and debt and WHO He's actually indebted TO, could be VERY High!

Biden isn't likely to pardon him for serious criminality (like Money laundering) and any Pardon he gives himself only applies to Federal crimes IF that's even a legal Pardon.

I don't think He EVER thought completely through what winning the election in 2016 would actually mean to his "brand" and reputation. He figured on losing and just did it for the publicity to begin with IMO.
Now he's one term-er, a LOSER by any measure in his own mind. PLUS, the sharks have tasted blood, AND I'd bet there's real legal "issues" in his finances!
11/10/2020 5:33 PM
Coup and then he changes his name to Napoleon IV. Possibly he adopts french fashion, but I'm slightly unsure on that point.
11/10/2020 5:49 PM
I agree with Uofa. It's clearly an attempt to get his supporters to feel that a Biden Presidency is illegitimate. Moreover, he just doesn't live in reality. The news he watches told him repeatedly that he was sure to win.
11/10/2020 5:53 PM
My opinion: in addition to the Narcissistic Personality Disorder that he clearly suffers from, and the fact that he meets pretty much all the traits of a sociopath, I think there's also some other severe mental health issues that he is suffering from that are not being treated or even addressed.
11/10/2020 6:23 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 11/10/2020 4:56:00 PM (view original):
He’s gonna start a new subscription network as “the real president” and charge $10.99 a month. And his sociopathic narcissism definitely doesn’t allow him to realize, recognize, or accept he lost so that helps with him.

I’ve never wanted a Trump movie at all and dread when Hollywood eventually does it, but I think I’d watch one centered just on this specific time: the administration and him after he lost. With the mental image in his head shattered, he could be full on delusional right now.

The GOP doesn’t give a **** and doesn’t want to lose fundraising in his name or the low propensity voters he turned out. If it creates random acts of violence throughout the country or doesn’t allow Biden to know national security concerns before moving into office, so be it.

They’re a sinking ship and who knows when it eventually goes down for good. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
I guess the "seious discussion" disclaimer doesn't apply to Trump-haters as well.
That pointed-out, I don't think Trump has an end-game, and I'd certainly hate to try to speculate what he's thinking.
I do think specific accusatipns of voter/vote impropriety (on both sides) should be examined. Left uncheckef, I think even most of us here would agree both Parties are capable of maybe looking the other way sometimes.
11/10/2020 6:39 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/10/2020 4:45:00 PM (view original):
Disclaimer: I will redline any nonsense posted by Trumpers. If you don't want to, or are emotionally and.or intellectually unable to participate in a serious discussion, please post your crap in another thread. You've got a lot to choose from.

That said:

I can't quite figure our what Trump hopes to accomplish with his refusal to accept what appears to be a clear defeat. Both by popular vote, but also in Electoral College votes. This is a no-doubt loss.

Does he really think that somehow, over the next two months, something magically will happen that allows him to continue on with a second term?

Or, if he really does realize that he's lost and it's over, what does he hope to accomplish by pretending otherwise?

And what's the deal with all the GOP members in Congress who are still happily riding on the Trump train? While I get why they might have felt that they needed to suck up to him over the past four years while he was in power, out of fear of retribution, I also would have assumed that anybody with even the slightest bit of self-respect would be running to distance themselves from him now as quickly as possible now that he's on his way out.
Your opening line tells me a lot about you. Power, censorship and control. Typical left wing

SO if he is toast; why are you still talking about him??
11/11/2020 2:27 AM
Why is HE still talking about HRC??

People remember what aggravates them.
11/11/2020 7:28 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/11/2020 2:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/10/2020 4:45:00 PM (view original):

That said:

Your opening line tells me a lot about you. Power, censorship and control. Typical left wing

SO if he is toast; why are you still talking about him??
Because he and his administration are acting unlike any president and administration who lost an election and it’s pretty messed up and will hurt national security.

But hey why question what the Wolf King Trump does, no it’s other people’s fault.
11/11/2020 8:10 AM
Why are we still talking about him? He's the ******* President, and his decisions will impact America for decades.
11/11/2020 11:36 AM
"... it's other people's fault."? Like all the looting and destruction isn't the fault of those doing it?
Very few people in this Country want to take responsibility for their actions anymore, and that's extremely sad.
11/11/2020 2:39 PM

President Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News and undermine the conservative-friendly network, sources tell Axios.

Some Trump advisers think Fox News made a mistake with an early call (seconded by AP) of President-elect Biden's win in Arizona. That enraged Trump, and gave him something tangible to use in his attacks on the network.

"He plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it," said a source with detailed knowledge of Trump's intentions.

no no, don’t do that

11/12/2020 10:52 AM
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
11/12/2020 11:32 AM
123 Next ▸
What is Trump's End-Game? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.