THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Posted by Jetson21 on 6/24/2022 11:36:00 PM (view original):
Between abortion and guns and potential of loss of LBGTQ rights and let’s not forget the Jan. 6 commission hearings and report, if there isn’t a record turnout for the democrats then there will be no saving of this country. But I do expect the humongous turnout.
I certainly agree with the first sentence. I'm cautiously optimistic about the second.

At this point, the real problem in the country is so called "moderate republicans." There have always been extreme RW wackos in America, unfortunately. By themselves they're annoying, occasionally amusing, occasionally scary...most of the time you can just pat them on their heads and send them on their way while the adults go on doing the real work of running the country.

The problem is when the moderates - those who still think of the GOP as the 'party of Reagan' or who self-identify as 'fiscally conservative, socially liberal,' or who 'just can't bring myself to vote for {insert slightly left-of-center Democrat here}' - delude themselves into thinking that however bad the rethuglican candidate is, s/he "is better than the alternative." Frankly any sane person in America today who is still voting rethuglican - for any candidate, no matter how moderate - is a greater threat to democracy than Trump. And that's saying something.
6/25/2022 7:04 AM
True Dat! But only because Trump is OUT of office! Thank Ussen!!

I also thank the creator for locating LNF so far north that He doesn't count as a voter.
The Lord works in mysterious ways!

Yesterday She began the demise of the Republican Party.
Today, all over America, women arise!
Come November their voices shall be heard.
Loudly and Clearly!

The Republican party has been overrun and is NOW akin to a Modern Facist Party.
Evil from top to bottom.
6/25/2022 8:38 AM
6/25/2022 9:17 AM

6/25/2022 9:23 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 6/25/2022 7:04:00 AM (view original):
Between abortion and guns and potential of loss of LBGTQ rights and let’s not forget the Jan. 6 commission hearings and report, if there isn’t a record turnout for the democrats then there will be no saving of this country. But I do expect the humongous turnout.
I certainly agree with the first sentence. I'm cautiously optimistic about the second.

At this point, the real problem in the country is so called "moderate republicans." There have always been extreme RW wackos in America, unfortunately. By themselves they're annoying, occasionally amusing, occasionally scary...most of the time you can just pat them on their heads and send them on their way while the adults go on doing the real work of running the country.

The problem is when the moderates - those who still think of the GOP as the 'party of Reagan' or who self-identify as 'fiscally conservative, socially liberal,' or who 'just can't bring myself to vote for {insert slightly left-of-center Democrat here}' - delude themselves into thinking that however bad the rethuglican candidate is, s/he "is better than the alternative." Frankly any sane person in America today who is still voting rethuglican - for any candidate, no matter how moderate - is a greater threat to democracy than Trump. And that's saying something.
Absolutely - Which is why I have the very utmost respect for the Lincoln Project and associated groups.
They make a difference and maybe do turn some of frightened. hypocritical old GOP republicans who not country first voters for democrat candidates.

And yes - the thugs were there before Trump but he empowered them - made them believe in themselves because they now had a leader in the White House and he very frequently unfortunately would light the match and then pour gasoline on the fire.
The first president to have all of the nations nazis and white supremacists yelling Hail Trump. For some uneducated Heil is german for hail.

More then ever before The United States will reveal who it is in the 2022 midterms. Hopefully they will win big but to this point I feel very comfortable still saying that we have a very very dumb country and most of it comes from southern states who are the new antebellum states.
6/25/2022 11:43 AM
Also we now have the dumbest and most dangerous Supreme Court since the Dred Scott days and they have exposed what far right and federalist society republicans mean by strict construction.
They treat the constitution like it is a 5000 year old religious document written in God’s words immutable unyielding and perfect as it is and when they don’t like something they say that is not written in the constitution but they only say that when it suits them.
To the far right justices the constitution is preserved in formaldehyde and not a living and breathing document.
6/25/2022 12:04 PM (edited)

6/25/2022 12:28 PM

Democratic President Joe Biden - 2006 Quote

“I do not view abortion as a, um, as choice and a right. I think it’s always a tragedy. And I think that it should be rare and safe, and I think we should be focusing on how to limit the number of abortions. And there ought to be able to have a common ground and consensus as to do that.”

6/25/2022 12:46 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 6/25/2022 7:04:00 AM (view original):

6/25/2022 12:59 PM
Samuel Alito is 72 years old.
Clarence Thomas is 74 years old.

By 2024 they will 74 and 76 disrespectfully.

So huge stakes for an angry and smarter and more engaged democrat voting base.

In Biden’s second term it might be possible to replace those 2 miscreants and have a 5-4 bench with Robert’s as a swing who will sometimes vote with the new majority.
6/25/2022 2:54 PM (edited)
Posted by Jetson21 on 6/24/2022 8:42:00 PM (view original):
I don’t know if this is possible but maybe Biden can designate by decree that abortion will be legal on federal properties and land and use it in as many states as possible.
I googled this subject and lo and behold it is definitely being contemplated and many law professors think it can be done.

So watch out for this in the coming days and weeks.
6/25/2022 4:43 PM

Still slidin': Biden plunges in Reuters poll -- and in Michigan House race?
ED MORRISSEY Jun 24, 2022 12:41 PM ET

Perhaps worse than the approval ratings, however, are the results in this poll on the issues that voters will prioritize in November. What among these will Democrats be able to discuss while Biden’s in charge?

• Economy: 34% say it’s the most important issue
  • Crime: 10%
  • Immigration: 6%

Those are also the top three issues for Democratic voters, too. Only 8% of voters in Joe Biden’s party think the environment is the top concern.

6/25/2022 4:46 PM
The NRA is in it for the long game. They are solidly anti abortion. Fewer births means fewer guns sold.
6/25/2022 5:40 PM
I agree. The NRA is Pro-Life.
6/25/2022 7:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...127|128|129|130|131...175 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.