THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Posted by DoctorKz on 10/6/2022 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I feel that pols and special interest groups are using this more as a tool rather than their actual concern for the planet. I will never trust John Kerry on anything, he's a snake. He and Kroenke need to be composted.
all politicians are snakes and I don't trust any of them.
10/6/2022 8:00 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2022 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/6/2022 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Am I to not put any faith in something like this?

https://www.newsweek.com/yes-climate-changing-no-its-not-emergency-opinion-1615632
Really interesting case study. You know how you're claiming that climate change promotion is funded by "special interests" so you can't believe them?

The guy who wrote this opinion piece is the President of the Heartland Institute, which is a conservative think tank founded in 1984.

In the 1980s, the think tank worked with Phillip Morris to produce propaganda about how smoking poses zero health risks. Around the election of Obama, they shifted to focus more on climate change denial. They no longer disclose their current funding (wonder why), but in the mid 2000's, key donors to the Institute were ExxonMobil, the Koch Foundation, and a couple of major insurance and pharma companies (they also publish a lot against government healthcare). In 2006, the Walton family donated $300,000 to the organization, and then they published a piece about how WalMart doesn't mistreat its workers. Crazy coincidence!

In 2012, a document leak occurred that revealed payments of thousands of dollars the Institute was making to climate change denying scientists, who would then write papers about how it's a hoax. Radical!

But yeah, it's John Kerry who has all the interest groups behind him. Sure.
Dr Kz got real quiet after this one dropped
10/8/2022 11:48 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2022 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/5/2022 6:39:00 PM (view original):
I would simply like to ask a question, not trying to stir the pot, just asking...

What climate change legislation would prevent thunderstorms from rolling off the west African coast then becoming tropical storms and hurricanes, and at what cost? Do you really think we can control Mother Earth?
When the temperature and sea levels rise, hurricanes become stronger and more frequent. There's a ton of research on this. You're just anti-fact.
You didn't answer his question: " Do you really think we can control Mother Earth?
perhaps I am a glutton for punishment, but i am interested in your answer to this one
10/11/2022 1:37 AM
Dow closed around 29,000 today. Down from 35000 just 2 years ago. Way to go JOE! Killing the energy sector and you will soon be spending $90 bux to fill your gas tanks.

MAPAH 'Make America poor as hell'
10/11/2022 2:08 AM (edited)
Posted by tangplay on 10/8/2022 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2022 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/6/2022 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Am I to not put any faith in something like this?

https://www.newsweek.com/yes-climate-changing-no-its-not-emergency-opinion-1615632
Really interesting case study. You know how you're claiming that climate change promotion is funded by "special interests" so you can't believe them?

The guy who wrote this opinion piece is the President of the Heartland Institute, which is a conservative think tank founded in 1984.

In the 1980s, the think tank worked with Phillip Morris to produce propaganda about how smoking poses zero health risks. Around the election of Obama, they shifted to focus more on climate change denial. They no longer disclose their current funding (wonder why), but in the mid 2000's, key donors to the Institute were ExxonMobil, the Koch Foundation, and a couple of major insurance and pharma companies (they also publish a lot against government healthcare). In 2006, the Walton family donated $300,000 to the organization, and then they published a piece about how WalMart doesn't mistreat its workers. Crazy coincidence!

In 2012, a document leak occurred that revealed payments of thousands of dollars the Institute was making to climate change denying scientists, who would then write papers about how it's a hoax. Radical!

But yeah, it's John Kerry who has all the interest groups behind him. Sure.
Dr Kz got real quiet after this one dropped
Why does the Global warming crowd refuse to sit town and debate the scientists who call this a hoax??

Ans: They hate to lose
10/11/2022 2:07 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/3/2022 1:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/2/2022 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 9/18/2022 8:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 9/17/2022 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 9/17/2022 10:02:00 PM (view original):
It amazes me how people that have no scientific background are repulsed by a consensus of at least 99% of scientists in the weather and climate and environmental fields all over the world.

Sure one can find someone saying no because they get a rise out of it.

The anti science bunch and they are probably mostly or almost all maga republicans
do not trust science because they feel insecure about their own uneducated background.
It makes them feel good to repudiate the hated scientists…those know it alls.
So they claim that their common sense is just what the scientists are missing.

I am not trying to psycho analyze anyone but it explains to me the glorification of a lack of education and pretending to be superior to the science community.
99% eh? Show me the numbers. There are tens otf thousands who agree this is a hoax, and a political pawn. The Global warmingi-sts are too scared to publicaly debate with them, Mainly because they know they will lose

The universities are no longer places where people get educated, but they get indoctrinated.

One guy who knows this is a hoax is the guy who owns the Weather channel. Ya think he might have a clue or two?
Like I said - you can find a kook here and there. The guy you mention was a co founder of the weather channel who had not been a meteorologist for over 30 years.
He is deceased and died from air pollution
inhalation.

You are proving my point about education and attitudes toward college educated people from Maga supporters who are by and large usually not educated and carry a chip on their shoulder about it.

Trump has referred to his base as poorly educated. He says I love the poorly educated.
He has also called them the great uneducated.
YOU are poorly educated. You do not know right from wrong
you're the one who is poorly educated. Just because you think something is right or wrong, does not make it so.
My dad can whup your dad
10/11/2022 2:10 AM
Posted by bruceleefan on 10/6/2022 10:11:00 AM (view original):
I'm willing to sacrifice, but I'm not convinced that we can effect much change, even if we magically ended all carbon emissions tomorrow.

Too much forcing technologies that aren't really economically viable yet. We'll bankrupt our economy in the name of "saving the planet" only to discover we have much less control than we thought.

Are we contributing? Speeding up the climate change? Sure. Can we stop or reverse it? Laughable IMO. There's always been climate cycles throughout the billions of years. None of which were caused or impacted by people.

Can you imagine being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for hours trying to evacuate and most of the cars are electric, losing power and not having enough range to successfully make it to safety...
Climate change is not even close to the real crisis. There is a total breakdown of law and Order in US cities, and the cops do nothing because if they do, they could lose their jobs. Another crisis far more dangerous to US than the hot spell, is the breakdown of the family unit. and the perversion of the minds of your children. and in case you don't know it, the Family, and the home are THE backbone of the US of A.. and in many parts of the US you have gangs of looters, as many as 100 who will invade and take over a store, and clean it out. UNCHECKED

Of course, you smart types do not understand that this is not just a problem, but a symptom of a much deeper one

Your streets are control by criminal gangs and your schools and universities are being infiltrated and taken over by sex perverts. You don't see that as a problem then blind in one eye, can't see out the other

and these perverts are having your CHILDREN watch trans strippers.. as part of their education.. oops indoctrination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyefgjvU1aE

Your country is finished. God will leave you unprotected and you might even get nuked.. although I hope not.. but his judgement is on the way, when you do this to little children..
10/11/2022 2:20 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/11/2022 1:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2022 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/5/2022 6:39:00 PM (view original):
I would simply like to ask a question, not trying to stir the pot, just asking...

What climate change legislation would prevent thunderstorms from rolling off the west African coast then becoming tropical storms and hurricanes, and at what cost? Do you really think we can control Mother Earth?
When the temperature and sea levels rise, hurricanes become stronger and more frequent. There's a ton of research on this. You're just anti-fact.
You didn't answer his question: " Do you really think we can control Mother Earth?
perhaps I am a glutton for punishment, but i am interested in your answer to this one
Yes, obviously. We impact the environment and weather in tons of ways
10/11/2022 2:57 AM

Why does the Global warming crowd refuse to sit town and debate the scientists who call this a hoax??

If I could give you an example of this happening, would you concede that global warming is real?

10/11/2022 2:57 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/11/2022 2:10:00 AM (view original):
It amazes me how people that have no scientific background are repulsed by a consensus of at least 99% of scientists in the weather and climate and environmental fields all over the world.

The anti science bunch and they are probably mostly or almost all maga republicans
do not trust science because they feel insecure about their own uneducated background.

I am not trying to psycho analyze anyone but it explains to me the glorification of a lack of education and pretending to be superior to the science community.
99% eh? Show me the numbers. There are tens otf thousands who agree this is a hoax, and a political pawn. The Global warmingi-sts are too scared to publicaly debate with them, Mainly because they know they will lose

The universities are no longer places where people get educated, but they get indoctrinated.

One guy who knows this is a hoax is the guy who owns the Weather channel. Ya think he might have a clue or two?
Like I said - you can find a kook here and there. The guy you mention was a co founder of the weather channel who had not been a meteorologist for over 30 years.
inhalation.

You are proving my point about education and attitudes toward college educated people from Maga supporters who are by and large usually not educated and carry a chip on their shoulder about it.

Trump has referred to his base as poorly educated. He says I love the poorly educated.
you're the one who is poorly educated. Just because you think something is right or wrong, does not make it so.
My dad can whup your dad
well, my dad is dead so it probably would not be hard.
10/11/2022 4:31 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/11/2022 2:57:00 AM (view original):

If I could give you an example of this happening, would you concede that global warming is real?

No argument that the climate is changing, but it is cyclical.. It is 73 deg f in the Fraser Valley today, (25 miles East of Vancouver) and this is Oct.11. but I do not believe man has changed the temperature of the planet by even one deg Fah.. a 50th of that.. maybe, but hardly a factor. We haven't had even a quarter of an inch of rain in 3 months, but in contrast, the worst drought in 200 years was in the 1930's

If I tell you that this 'crisis' has been systematically sold to you; you will again label me a freak.. even though you bought the con job. This is about CONTROL and POWER. Please at least try to see this. try.. try again
10/11/2022 6:44 PM (edited)
Posted by wylie715 on 10/11/2022 4:31:00 PM (view original):

inhalation.

My dad can whup your dad
My dad died almost 30 yrs ago.. but he can still......
10/11/2022 6:46 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/11/2022 6:44:00 PM (view original):

No argument that the climate is changing, but it is cyclical.. It is 73 deg f in the Fraser Valley today, (25 miles East of Vancouver) and this is Oct.11. but I do not believe man has changed the temperature of the planet by even one deg Fah.. a 50th of that.. maybe, but hardly a factor. We haven't had even a quarter of an inch of rain in 3 months, but in contrast, the worst drought in 200 years was in the 1930's

If I tell you that this 'crisis' has been systematically sold to you; you will again label me a freak.. even though you bought the con job. This is about CONTROL and POWER. Please at least try to see this. try.. try again
Can you point to me a single time in the history of earth that the climate has warmed this quickly without an obvious cause (volcanoes, meteors, etc)
10/11/2022 10:29 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/11/2022 6:44:00 PM (view original):

I will try to see that is about CONTROL and POWER. Will you try to see that you could be wrong and it is a serious issue? I doubt it.
10/11/2022 11:20 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/11/2022 6:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/11/2022 4:31:00 PM (view original):

inhalation.

My dad can whup your dad
My dad died almost 30 yrs ago.. but he can still......
what are you? 10?
10/11/2022 11:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...172|173|174|175 Next ▸
THE DINO REPORT TODAY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.