Bezos owns Amazon and WPOST Topic

Question and fun thought experiment. Lockdown etc. has incredibly boosted Amazon's stock. Bezos has made a LOT of money. Bezos also owns the Washington Post. Doesn't it seem like the WPOST is incentivized to be in favor of future lockdowns?
11/23/2020 7:35 AM (edited)
I agree. We can't have billionaires running these companies to promote their anti-Trump bias. Bezos should step down and allow the workers to own the business. That way, we can hear the real truth!

In all seriousness, it's ****** that lockdowns have pushed wealth upwards. It doesn't have to be this way.
11/23/2020 7:58 AM
It's effed up and highly suspicious. The people who have the most power to convince us of the need for lockdowns also have the most to gain. Hmm.
11/23/2020 10:43 AM
I say we tax Jeff Bezos so that he has less influence over the public!
11/23/2020 11:06 AM
Sounds good!!
11/23/2020 12:36 PM
i say we robin hood all his money and build a goddam tower in the middle of nowhere

and move the homeless there

that they can have a crib and crab dinner and a craphole to sh*t in

i go out there to mow the lawn

it ain dogsh*t
11/23/2020 7:37 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 11/23/2020 7:35:00 AM (view original):
Question and fun thought experiment. Lockdown etc. has incredibly boosted Amazon's stock. Bezos has made a LOT of money. Bezos also owns the Washington Post. Doesn't it seem like the WPOST is incentivized to be in favor of future lockdowns?
AMAZ hasn't done badly, but it isn't on a tear, either.. So the big power house for media is FB, Twitter, Goo GOO and now the WP. I think Warren Buffet still owns a huge chunk of it..
11/24/2020 12:25 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/23/2020 7:58:00 AM (view original):
I agree. We can't have billionaires running these companies to promote their anti-Trump bias. Bezos should step down and allow the workers to own the business. That way, we can hear the real truth!

In all seriousness, it's ****** that lockdowns have pushed wealth upwards. It doesn't have to be this way.
Lockdowns are wrecking the economy. But remember that back in the Great Depression, if you had held SINGER (Sewing Machines) you would have done very well. Someone is always making a profit.. and quit posting pi$$ on the Billionaires. Without them, we would all be out of work, broke and eating wild potatoes... and none of you guys have any more integrity or virtue than those guys. ROCK Stars are partial Billionaires. Why not trash on them instead?? Would be good, cuz much of their crap is mind poison

* Just thinking out loud, here*
11/24/2020 12:30 PM
Poverty rates went down in the first couple months of the pandemic mostly due to increased unemployment benefits.

McConnell refusing to compromise on another stimulus deal is what’s wrecking the economy right now.
11/24/2020 12:34 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 11/23/2020 10:43:00 AM (view original):
It's effed up and highly suspicious. The people who have the most power to convince us of the need for lockdowns also have the most to gain. Hmm.
The people pushing for lockdowns are people like Justin Trudeau, Dr. Teresa Tam ( a nut job for sure) W.H.O. and Mostly power tripping control freak Health Officials... and AND Biden and the Demoncraps. I don't hear anything from CEO's regarding locking down a healthy society
Demoncraps
Posted by Aldershot on 11/24/2020 12:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 11/23/2020 7:58:00 AM (view original):

Lockdowns are wrecking the economy. But remember that back in the Great Depression, if you had held SINGER (Sewing Machines) you would have done very well. Someone is always making a profit.. and quit posting pi$$ on the Billionaires. Without them, we would all be out of work, broke and eating wild potatoes... and none of you guys have any more integrity or virtue than those guys. ROCK Stars are partial Billionaires. Why not trash on them instead?? Would be good, cuz much of their crap is mind poison

* Just thinking out loud, here*
"quit bullying the billionaires, guys, it hurts my feelings"
11/24/2020 12:36 PM
And since you only seem to care about stocks:

Remember when Trump warned during the campaign that your 401k's and stocks would "disintegrate and disappear" if Biden won? Well, the Dow Jones industrial average just reached a record high of 30,000 points. And it's 3 weeks since Election Day.
11/24/2020 12:36 PM
Jeff Bezos could end world hunger but chooses not to, but yeah, he has more virtue and integrity than I do
11/24/2020 12:40 PM
Bezos owns Amazon and WPOST Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.