i look in my pants

i see the lord of plenty

wait wait, the horn of plenty

i cain keep em straight

Umm, that's your brain
11/28/2020 1:39 AM
Posted by Aldershot on 11/27/2020 5:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 11/26/2020 11:23:00 AM (view original):
I’m not bashing all3 for his religious beliefs but it is a shame that so many people of differing religions can believe that their God is so mean spirited that people could go to hell even if they are good.
I say to them don’t worry so much. Have more faith in a God of goodness that is better not worse then people with a vindictive nature and you don’t have to believe everything you read.
Dino, if people were good, then Christ would not have had to lay his life down on the cross. All mankind is flawed, and as such; is sinful.. and the penalty for sin is death. We all have it coming, 'good' (eg never had a speeding ticket and don't even jaywalk) and bad... we can make a list of them in a few minutes.. So we all are guilty, before God

This means we cannot pay this debt, because we are going to die anyways.. HOWEVER, Jesus was spotless.. because he is God, in human flesh is name means 'God with us' because he was innocent, he could take your place, and my place.. in other words, he loved us so much he took the fate that we deserve.. Now if you believe on him, you will accept this.. and when you think on it, you might very well become most thankful. 'Whosoever believes on him shall not perish, but will have everlasting life'

That sums up God's promise... but I cannot force you, or anyone to believe it.

And what, really is 'religion?' Religion is man making up rules to control you, by fear.. and it works ..It consists of doctrines of men,, not found in the Bible... So what really, is Christianity? It is not a religion, but a relationship with God. This is available to all who will call on him, promise. Why am I 'Shoving this down someone's throat?' Well some would say that.. but if nobody shares this message, how will you come to know him?? What are the real commandments we are to follow?? DINO, Just 3 main ones. ..
1- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
2- Love the Lord with our whole heart, soul an mind. and thirdly, and so important
3 Love your neighbor as yourself.

as for Hell, it is a real place. I think we all believe in Justice and accountability.. Just know this: Despite the corruption in the legal system, and those who justify the wicked for reward... nobody gets away with anything.. and we will stand before him and he will see one of two things: All the wrongs we have done
aka condemned, OR the blood of his crucified Son... therefore NOT GUILTY

I hope you get that
You should try practicing what you preach.
11/28/2020 7:51 AM
Pot calling the kettle black, again?
11/28/2020 11:27 AM
what religion is is thousand year old ideas about law and order

astrology but one among many
12/1/2020 2:35 PM
I am not trying to be snarky or disrespectful but if your visceral concept of god is vengeful and vindictive and sending good people to hell for non belief then that’s how so called religious people can deify a Donald trump.
it is a lot easier to think a Donald trump is good when the bar for God is so low.
12/1/2020 3:03 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 11/28/2020 7:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Aldershot on 11/27/2020 5:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 11/26/2020 11:23:00 AM (view original):
I’m not bashing all3 for his religious beliefs but it is a shame that so many people of differing religions can believe that their God is so mean spirited that people could go to hell even if they are good.
I say to them don’t worry so much. Have more faith in a God of goodness that is better not worse then people with a vindictive nature and you don’t have to believe everything you read.
Dino, if people were good, then Christ would not have had to lay his life down on the cross. All mankind is flawed, and as such; is sinful.. and the penalty for sin is death. We all have it coming, 'good' (eg never had a speeding ticket and don't even jaywalk) and bad... we can make a list of them in a few minutes.. So we all are guilty, before God

This means we cannot pay this debt, because we are going to die anyways.. HOWEVER, Jesus was spotless.. because he is God, in human flesh is name means 'God with us' because he was innocent, he could take your place, and my place.. in other words, he loved us so much he took the fate that we deserve.. Now if you believe on him, you will accept this.. and when you think on it, you might very well become most thankful. 'Whosoever believes on him shall not perish, but will have everlasting life'

That sums up God's promise... but I cannot force you, or anyone to believe it.

And what, really is 'religion?' Religion is man making up rules to control you, by fear.. and it works ..It consists of doctrines of men,, not found in the Bible... So what really, is Christianity? It is not a religion, but a relationship with God. This is available to all who will call on him, promise. Why am I 'Shoving this down someone's throat?' Well some would say that.. but if nobody shares this message, how will you come to know him?? What are the real commandments we are to follow?? DINO, Just 3 main ones. ..
1- Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
2- Love the Lord with our whole heart, soul an mind. and thirdly, and so important
3 Love your neighbor as yourself.

as for Hell, it is a real place. I think we all believe in Justice and accountability.. Just know this: Despite the corruption in the legal system, and those who justify the wicked for reward... nobody gets away with anything.. and we will stand before him and he will see one of two things: All the wrongs we have done
aka condemned, OR the blood of his crucified Son... therefore NOT GUILTY

I hope you get that
You should try practicing what you preach.
Aldershit I just saw this post.
this is what I thought when I read it -
a bit melancholy that you believe everything taught to you....and sad for people that believe in a god to be feared.
I don’t believe in a Bronx tale god and can’t relate to it one iota...it is a foreign concept to me.
12/1/2020 3:11 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Astrology Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.