Occupy Wall Street Topic

I agree all the freakin' loopholes need eliminated, but the people with more money already do pay more than those without, both overall and rate-wise.

Joe Biden would have you believe he grew-up so poor he ate dirt half the time, yet look at him now. People can escape poverty if they want to and work at it. (I did. Maybe that's why I hate those who just try excuse after excuse after excuse so much, and want things handed to them.)
12/1/2020 3:39 PM
it's not the amount of taxes, it's the percentage. Say I make $60,000 a year and pay $8,000 in taxes. Some guy who makes $500,000 a year pays $24,000 a year in taxes. Yes, he pays 3 times more than I do, but he makes almost 10 times more than I do. Shouldn't he pay the same percentage of taxes I do?
(These numbers are totally made up. I don't make $60,000 a year and I have no idea how much taxes someone making $500,000 a year would pay (I'd like to find out though!) I just used these numbers to illustrate a point.
12/1/2020 3:51 PM
Yes, his rate should probably be SOMEWHAT higher, but the system already taxes the wealthiest at almost 4 times (10% vs. 37% if I'm not mistaken) the poorest. HTH is that "fair" and "equitable"? Yet some people want an even bigger discrepancy.
12/1/2020 4:10 PM
Posted by all3 on 12/1/2020 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Yes, his rate should probably be SOMEWHAT higher, but the system already taxes the wealthiest at almost 4 times (10% vs. 37% if I'm not mistaken) the poorest. HTH is that "fair" and "equitable"? Yet some people want an even bigger discrepancy.
He’s so close
12/1/2020 4:14 PM
Here's how I view it.

I don't care how rich you are. I only view taxation as necessary to pay for social programs that will benefit everyone. I don't see a problem with raising taxes on a millionaire or billionaire slightly, which won't affect their standard of living in the slightest, in order to pay for things that will significantly raise the standard of living of everyone else.
12/1/2020 4:48 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/1/2020 4:48:00 PM (view original):
Here's how I view it.

I don't care how rich you are. I only view taxation as necessary to pay for social programs that will benefit everyone. I don't see a problem with raising taxes on a millionaire or billionaire slightly, which won't affect their standard of living in the slightest, in order to pay for things that will significantly raise the standard of living of everyone else.
Yup
12/1/2020 4:59 PM
I have no idea how much "rich" people pay in taxes. I do know that I can't afford to hire an accountant to find all the loopholes while a rich person can. I never said it was fair and equiatable.
12/1/2020 6:01 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 12/1/2020 6:01:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea how much "rich" people pay in taxes. I do know that I can't afford to hire an accountant to find all the loopholes while a rich person can. I never said it was fair and equiatable.
I guess you "accidently" overlooked the part where I said all the loopholes should be changed. Guess it wouldn't have been as much fun to argue if you hadn't, huh? Oh well, par for the course - read what you want and ignore the rest.
12/2/2020 11:18 AM
There are lots of extremely rich people that vote Democrat and disagree with the trump tax rate.
not everyone calls the higher tax rate robbing.
robbing is an opinion.
12/2/2020 11:27 AM
12/2/2020 12:26 PM
All3 I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers
and I am praying for a full recovery and restoration of health.

Also in the past in responding to certain comments You made I said you were a racist.
I retract it. I do not believe you are a racist.
while I do think that you have views on the constitution and civil liberties and discrimination that are very misguided in my opinion and could be seen as generically racist I do not think at all that you are a racist or motivated by racism.
I take it back and I apologize.

I am wishing you well and hope you are fully well as soon as possible.
12/2/2020 12:54 PM (edited)

12/2/2020 1:00 PM
That’s terrific.
12/2/2020 1:09 PM
One day I hope you can post the video of the cat saving it’s child cub from an attacking dog.
it is amazing.
12/2/2020 1:11 PM

12/2/2020 1:14 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Occupy Wall Street Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.