GD Ideas/Suggestions for the New Development Team Topic

Posted by Indpnt1 on 12/31/2020 4:14:00 AM (view original):
They should be tweaking the game. Not making major over-hauls. There is nothing worse than trying to fix things that ain't broken.
It is broken. Just look at how many people have left the game.
But, the people remaining generally like the game as it is so that is why I want them to keep 5 worlds with the same format.
That leaves 6 worlds to make significant changes in.
12/31/2020 1:52 PM
two game engines sounds like a logistical nightmare.....lets keep it simple at first until they get a feel for everything.
12/31/2020 3:14 PM
and please please please don't change recruiting to the Hoops Dynasty way because that's what chased me away from that part of What If
12/31/2020 3:16 PM
From a D2 perspective I pretty much like GD the way it is. I would like to see recruiting reduced 1 or 2 days and add 1 or 2 days of exhibition games or 1 or 2 season games. I don't want to see rosters expanded as the higher vision coaches can load up the rosters with the better recruits, thereby reducing competition even further. You can only play eleven players at a time anyway. Vision could be changed to eliminate school prestige. I definitely don't want to see recruiting changed to HoopD style - its too complicated with too many variables and a general feeling of lack of control.
12/31/2020 5:04 PM
They should be tweaking the game. Not making major over-hauls. There is nothing worse than trying to fix things that ain't broken.
They need to do something to both retain old players (who are slowly leaving as the years go by) and bring in new players. The game is incredibly daunting for new players especially, who likely have no chance at success for months and months due to mechanics existing in the game that give huge advantages to tenured coaches. It's not broken at a superficial level, but there is room for improvement in almost every aspect of the game.
12/31/2020 7:31 PM
Posted by caddysaurus on 12/31/2020 7:31:00 PM (view original):
They need to do something to both retain old players (who are slowly leaving as the years go by) and bring in new players. The game is incredibly daunting for new players especially, who likely have no chance at success for months and months due to mechanics existing in the game that give huge advantages to tenured coaches. It's not broken at a superficial level, but there is room for improvement in almost every aspect of the game.
Yes newbies have 2 options-
1. Be patient
2. Leave

I think most are going with #2. Maybe WIS needs to add or assign one or 2 worlds as beginner or newbie worlds only. I don't know best criteria but make it easier to move up (1 season at each level) and cap time you can be in lower levels like 5 seasons max.
12/31/2020 8:56 PM
Posted by stalagna on 12/31/2020 8:56:00 PM (view original):
1. Be patient
2. Leave

I think most are going with #2. Maybe WIS needs to add or assign one or 2 worlds as beginner or newbie worlds only. I don't know best criteria but make it easier to move up (1 season at each level) and cap time you can be in lower levels like 5 seasons max.
It's a complicated decision because you want people who have been playing the game for a while to have an edge - it wouldn't really make sense for a new coach to be able to come in and just dunk on veterans right away. But if it takes a new player 6+ months to build up their D3 team, I can't imagine many being bothered to stick around. Most of these players, especially the ones who don't know the forums exist, probably have no idea why they are getting dunked on season after season, whether it be poor formations/gameplans, bad recruiting, lack of vision, or a number of other reasons.
12/31/2020 9:33 PM
Posted by caddysaurus on 12/31/2020 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stalagna on 12/31/2020 8:56:00 PM (view original):
1. Be patient
2. Leave

It's a complicated decision because you want people who have been playing the game for a while to have an edge - it wouldn't really make sense for a new coach to be able to come in and just dunk on veterans right away. But if it takes a new player 6+ months to build up their D3 team, I can't imagine many being bothered to stick around. Most of these players, especially the ones who don't know the forums exist, probably have no idea why they are getting dunked on season after season, whether it be poor formations/gameplans, bad recruiting, lack of vision, or a number of other reasons.
I know the forums exist yet I have no idea why I can't beat the best teams. I'm actually fine with the fact that in my 7th season I am not yet able to - I just wish I had some idea of what it will take to get there...
1/1/2021 12:29 AM
Posted by wdfox on 12/31/2020 1:52:00 PM (view original):
But, the people remaining generally like the game as it is so that is why I want them to keep 5 worlds with the same format.
People leaving the game doesn't indicate the game is broken. Everything has a life cycle. The game was introduced, what was it, 15, 20 years ago? Do you expect this game to be as popular now as it was when it was new? How much has the world progressed in 15 to 20 years? How much more competition is there on the internet for people's attention?

I've been playing the game for about three years now, and I know at some point I will tire of it, and leave. Not because the game is broken, but because I'll move on to other things.

The game isn't broken. The game is fine. It does need to be tweaked, and I'd be happy if it were tweaked in a way that made the game better.
1/1/2021 12:12 PM (edited)
I love the very minor tweak of having the Potential added to the Depth Chart - it's a small inconsequential tweak but it is worth pointing out positives along with negatives.
1/1/2021 12:33 PM
Posted by nickcant12 on 1/1/2021 12:33:00 PM (view original):
I love the very minor tweak of having the Potential added to the Depth Chart - it's a small inconsequential tweak but it is worth pointing out positives along with negatives.
Agreed. Simple but very nice. As was the GPA addition to recruiting.
1/1/2021 1:49 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 1/1/2021 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wdfox on 12/31/2020 1:52:00 PM (view original):
People leaving the game doesn't indicate the game is broken. Everything has a life cycle. The game was introduced, what was it, 15, 20 years ago? Do you expect this game to be as popular now as it was when it was new? How much has the world progressed in 15 to 20 years? How much more competition is there on the internet for people's attention?

I've been playing the game for about three years now, and I know at some point I will tire of it, and leave. Not because the game is broken, but because I'll move on to other things.

The game isn't broken. The game is fine. It does need to be tweaked, and I'd be happy if it were tweaked in a way that made the game better.
+1
1/1/2021 2:32 PM
but does it give you potential you didn't scout for

i'm asking
1/1/2021 3:42 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/1/2021 3:43:00 PM (view original):
but does it give you potential you didn't scout for

i'm asking
The depth chart only gives potential for players on your team. If you somehow managed to sign them without a single scouting trip, it still makes sense that you would know the potential of every player on your team.
1/2/2021 12:42 PM
Posted by holdaway on 1/1/2021 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Agreed. Simple but very nice. As was the GPA addition to recruiting.
Agree with both, both nice little additions.
1/2/2021 12:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
GD Ideas/Suggestions for the New Development Team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.