GD Ideas/Suggestions for the New Development Team Topic

Posted by DeBeque on 1/2/2021 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 1/1/2021 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nickcant12 on 1/1/2021 12:33:00 PM (view original):
I love the very minor tweak of having the Potential added to the Depth Chart - it's a small inconsequential tweak but it is worth pointing out positives along with negatives.
but does it give you potential you didn't scout for

i'm asking
The depth chart only gives potential for players on your team. If you somehow managed to sign them without a single scouting trip, it still makes sense that you would know the potential of every player on your team.
hmmm

maybe when he's a sophomore
1/2/2021 2:12 PM
One suggestion i have is that players should enter the "Transfer Portal" for lack of playing time or for being a 5th year senior who won’t start. Or even have JUCO transfers in the game.
1/5/2021 11:23 AM (edited)
Posted by bagchucker on 1/2/2021 2:13:00 PM (view original):
I love the very minor tweak of having the Potential added to the Depth Chart - it's a small inconsequential tweak but it is worth pointing out positives along with negatives.

i'm asking
The depth chart only gives potential for players on your team. If you somehow managed to sign them without a single scouting trip, it still makes sense that you would know the potential of every player on your team.
hmmm

Perhaps a simAI signing? Great question.
1/3/2021 8:42 PM
I'd like to see a little more diversity in terms of the names of the players if that is at all possible. Most of the time my team sounds like they're straight out of the 1920s.
1/5/2021 5:45 PM
Posted by caddysaurus on 1/5/2021 5:45:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to see a little more diversity in terms of the names of the players if that is at all possible. Most of the time my team sounds like they're straight out of the 1920s.
First I laughed thinking this was not serious, then I considered it seriously. Was it serious? I decided yes. I am not sure how names can be dated (1920s) but imagine the issues with trying to build a name database...My guess is users are a part of it anyway.

Ultimately, I personally hope this is not at the top of the list. Nothing personal But there are a ton of things suggested to improve the game that I find more important. Tbh, I never even notice the names although I did recruit myself once. I have to admit that I was a pretty solid AA QB at D2. Just like RL....lol...
1/5/2021 7:07 PM (edited)
Posted by holdaway on 1/5/2021 7:07:00 PM (view original):
First I laughed thinking this was not serious, then I considered it seriously. Was it serious? I decided yes. I am not sure how names can be dated (1920s) but imagine the issues with trying to build a name database...My guess is users are a part of it anyway.

Ultimately, I personally hope this is not at the top of the list. Nothing personal But there are a ton of things suggested to improve the game that I find more important. Tbh, I never even notice the names although I did recruit myself once. I have to admit that I was a pretty solid AA QB at D2. Just like RL....lol...
It is a serious suggestion, but it's defintiely more of a quality of life improvement than anything that requires urgent attention. It could be as simple as adding new names to a database which may not actually be overly difficult nor time-consuming, but it could be more complicated than that. If it's as simple as copy/pasting a list of names then I don't see why it shouldn't be considered for the sake of some diversity.
1/5/2021 7:34 PM
Posted by holdaway on 1/3/2021 8:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 1/2/2021 2:13:00 PM (view original):

i'm asking
hmmm

Perhaps a simAI signing? Great question.
sure, a simAI signing, or any guy you didn't care enough about his potential to scout

a 90 recruit who gives a crap what his potential is

a lot of work not too long ago went into making potential opaque if you didn't pay to see it

i don think you should get to see it if you didn't pay to see it until his sophomore year
1/9/2021 12:03 PM
Posted by holdaway on 1/5/2021 7:07:00 PM (view original):

Agree
1/9/2021 12:48 PM
I think Everybody over 14 should be under 14 !
Everyone should wear their underwear on the outside !
And everytime you call for a pass the AI should call a run while while everytime you call for a run it should call a pass !
1/9/2021 2:55 PM
How about Pro Football Dynasty?
1/9/2021 4:03 PM
I think it would be great if assistant coach emails could be used as a tool to help with calendar dates. Things that are easy to forget (or to entirely just not know about when you're new):
-when I'm able to rescind scholarships
-when I need to schedule an exhibition game that will give incoming freshman playing time
-when I need to redshirt players
-probably other things I'm not thinking about

An email in my inbox saying: "Hey coach, don't forget that tomorrow is the day _______" is something that I would find helpful.
1/16/2021 3:58 PM
How about deterministically randomizing the offensive and defensive schemes SIM AI teams run. For example, along with the standard 'balanced' teams that run out of I, Pro and Trips, you could have SIM teams that go heavy run and operate out of NDB and WB, and still others that go all Mike Leach and pass almost every down out of Shot and Trips. Same kind of thing on the defensive side.

Doing this would both make the games against SIM teams more interesting and also allow coaches to pick up a team and try a different scheme without having to blow 2-3 seasons on recruiting and practicing just to get players that are semi-competent at it.

I say 'deterministically random' because I don't think you'd want to risk overloading a conference with a particular type of scheme. You'd want put a cap on the number of, say, SIM NDB/WB teams there are in a conference at any given time. Within that, when a human coach leaves a team and no human picks it up, you'd then randomize what scheme the 'new' SIM AI coach will run.

A bonus would be to level up the SIM AI recruiting intelligence, so that it would prioritize recruits that fit a SIM team's scheme.

You could even go deeper on the idea and have SIM teams specialize even more within their scheme and game planning. Maybe a team isn't just a running team but a power run team. Maybe it's a West Coast-style passing team or maybe a 4-verticals deep threat team.

Other idea: Once in a while have the @#$%! QB fumble the ball when they're sacked. There are human coached pass-happy teams right now whose QBs rack up 50+ sacks every season and never once cough up the ball. Maybe whatever fumble check is done when a RB is tackled can be triggered on a QB sack?
1/17/2021 10:07 PM (edited)
yes and get hurt

i understand we don wan injuries per se, we got a 50 man roster

but surely the strip sack 400 pounder can remove a QB for a quarter or a half and piddle the ball out onto the field
1/17/2021 5:01 PM
Two more fixes that would be nice and, I assume, pretty simple to do:
1) Allow us to play one scholarship short if we want to instead of forcing us to take the garbage assistant coach recruit.
2) Allow us to schedule exhibition games for future dates rather than having to wait for the exact right moment to make the request.
1/19/2021 12:44 AM
Posted by coleslaw8 on 1/19/2021 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Two more fixes that would be nice and, I assume, pretty simple to do:
1) Allow us to play one scholarship short if we want to instead of forcing us to take the garbage assistant coach recruit.
2) Allow us to schedule exhibition games for future dates rather than having to wait for the exact right moment to make the request.
What i just did on one of my teams to insure I didn't get terrible AI recruited backups: I recruited extra punters (I now have 3) to fill those slots . It is like your suggestion of playing with less scholarships. But like your idea , no crappy backups will come in.
1/19/2021 3:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
GD Ideas/Suggestions for the New Development Team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.