GD Ideas/Suggestions for the New Development Team Topic

I would like to see teams be able to keep scholarships unfilled, instead of the SimAI picking some player I will never use.
1/20/2021 6:15 PM
Posted by fla_dave on 1/20/2021 6:15:00 PM (view original):
I would like to see teams be able to keep scholarships unfilled, instead of the SimAI picking some player I will never use.
Great Idea
1/20/2021 8:23 PM
Posted by mojolad on 1/20/2021 8:23:00 PM (view original):
Great Idea
Maybe you give me the right to accept, or reject any walk ons.
1/20/2021 10:01 PM
I think the cost of this, as well as the other sports, needs to be rethought. GD is great and all but you put all this time and effort into things and the rewards are literally pennies. I know I am new to this and all but I have seen the returns in regular football and it is so much better than GD. I think a cheaper price would get way more people involved especially if there is a reward worth fighting for. I just had a great season and lost in second round of playoffs and will receive what, 50 cents? Not worth it in my opinion.
1/25/2021 2:40 PM
Fix the % of plays that a player gets to have started a game. Example; my QB H.Brown. First game he played 35% of the plays and got a start. Second game played 27% of the plays and did not get the start. ( I understand why he did not get the start that is not my *****) The third game he got 35% and NO start and his WE tanked 31 points.Three games into the season. He should have GOT the start for the 3rd game. .Total % for the first three games is 32%.
It has always been my understanding that 31% or more is where a player gets a start. and why did my player not get the start in the 3rd game while getting it in the first .
Can you fix the problem?
1/25/2021 3:03 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 1/20/2021 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Great Idea
+1
1/25/2021 3:09 PM
I would like to see a different playoff set up. Only one game for conference champ is rather lame if you only lose 1 game and miss playoffs completely. Maybe limit the number of conferences? It seems like a waste that there are so many conferences and almost nobody in them.
1/25/2021 6:52 PM
Some non-gameplay / relatively non-controversial updates that this game could badly use:

1. Massively improved and more detailed school & world records: top 10 records for each school in each category, acknowledgement from the game when records are broken, maybe even a complete history of each team. Basically, as much information and stats as can be stored. This would really help keep people playing and trying to rewrite record books. As it stands now, for a game based on numbers, the history of each school is extremely sparse.

2. Improved conference & AA awards with some mild recruiting prestige tie-ins?: the recruiting tie-ins can be optional, but these awards are paltry, inconsistent, and don't mean much right now. For example, I just had a WR make first-team AA but he wasn't the offensive player of the year in my conference. The player that won that (a QB for SimAI) didn't make any AA teams.

Hardly a big deal but I do think records, stats, history, and awards should be radically improved. I think you want as many "games within a game" as possible, especially since there is a talent-inequality problem right now in most worlds due to the low number of humans. A newcomer setting a single-season receiving record for his school in his first year could be the sort of thing that encourages that player to come back while waiting for his team to mature.
1/30/2021 4:09 PM (edited)
Posted by mccarthyizm on 1/30/2021 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Some non-gameplay / relatively non-controversial updates that this game could badly use:

1. Massively improved and more detailed school & world records: top 10 records for each school in each category, acknowledgement from the game when records are broken, maybe even a complete history of each team. Basically, as much information and stats as can be stored. This would really help keep people playing and trying to rewrite record books. As it stands now, for a game based on numbers, the history of each school is extremely sparse.

2. Improved conference & AA awards with some mild recruiting prestige tie-ins?: the recruiting tie-ins can be optional, but these awards are paltry, inconsistent, and don't mean much right now. For example, I just had a WR make first-team AA but he wasn't the offensive player of the year in my conference. The player that won that (a QB for SimAI) didn't make any AA teams.

Hardly a big deal but I do think records, stats, history, and awards should be radically improved. I think you want as many "games within a game" as possible, especially since there is a talent-inequality problem right now in most worlds due to the low number of humans. A newcomer setting a single-season receiving record for his school in his first year could be the sort of thing that encourages that player to come back while waiting for his team to mature.
I agree. I just started in GD, and my team went 5-9. My running back kept me interested though, as he went on to be 2nd in DIII Bryant in rushing for the regular season. Are there any benefits to a player winning an award right now?
1/30/2021 5:04 PM
Just pride and satisfaction CSB .
1/30/2021 5:23 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 1/20/2021 10:01:00 PM (view original):
Great Idea
Excellent idea! Maybe you get to reject one each season at no penalty to reputation and any additional cost you a little hit. Reject the second one and you go from A to A- and rejecting a third then drops you to B. Maybe put a cap of 3-4 rejections on it.
1/30/2021 8:14 PM
I almost always (99%) have left over players that are green. Always wondered why the AC cant give an open scholly to one of them.
1/31/2021 12:17 AM
Simple little idea in the spirit of improving stats. Why not keep track of return kick/punt return yards and tds? I just finished a season where a player had a total of 8 kicks returned for td’s, all 80 yards or more. Be fun to see how that stacks up and might put an added emphasis on special teams. Nice to have not need to have but department on the coding involved to track it, it could be a simple enhancement.
2/5/2021 3:10 PM
Really, what for? You can ignore and never use a walk-on if that's your preference just as easily as you can ignore a blank roster slot. And you can fill either one at the next recruiting season. So what is gained by this expense of programmer time and effort?
2/5/2021 4:15 PM
One year I was going to let the Kicker do the Punting too, he was great, but then the Sim signed a walkon punter who was horrible. I couldn't change his position either, so I ended up burning a redshirt to keep him from punting. I would have liked to tell him to go away.
2/5/2021 4:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
GD Ideas/Suggestions for the New Development Team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.