The Rubicon Topic

Posted by slashtc on 12/2/2020 11:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 12/2/2020 9:45:00 PM (view original):
Says the guy that can’t see enough of a difference to vote.
I voted.
Your’e saying there was a third party candidate worthy of a vote.
you must be joking.
all the third party candidates are kanya west since perot.
it’s a joke to vote for a third party unless you are a dyed in the wool communist.
a waste of practical free speech and pure spite.
just pure spite.
12/3/2020 1:44 AM
I respect a trump voter much more then someone voting third party.
I know they have the right.
yeah yeah yeah
but I think it is just immature and meaningless and usually snobbishly spiteful.
12/3/2020 1:55 AM
Posted by dino27 on 12/3/2020 1:55:00 AM (view original):
yeah yeah yeah
but I think it is just immature and meaningless and usually snobbishly spiteful.
This is just thick headed wrong!!
NEVER will we be able to break the stranglehold the 2 Parties have instilled for THEMSELVES in our democratic process!! (with THAT kind of erroneous thinking!!)
We have had MANY persons of quality run for POTUS as a 3rd (or 4th and 5th) Candidate. Perot isn't even in the top tier.
Many of those could MAYBE have done a superior job to the Candidate of the Major Party!
OUR Founders were decidedly AGAINST the formation of political Parties!!
It is (IMO) exactly the problem. Instead of the citizen voter doing his DUTY as a voter by ingesting information and learning ABOUT the specific candidate and the issues facing the Nation, folks get to just vote based on some mysterious alignment as one of the two all powerful Parties that BOTH represent ONLY their donors!!!
They check the person with the (R) after their name, or the (D) without ANY real understanding of the character and ability of the PERSON they are voting for. It breeds corruption, and power wielding Party operatives. Men in the Shadows running our Government!

It is the BIGGEST problem we have. A democracy NOT being guided by the citizens, but rather Policies designed and enacted by the few and the privileged to control and subjugate the masses.
Rise UP!! Get informed!! Vote for real PEOPLE, not for Party members!
Take BACK our Country.
It's WE THE PEOPLE, remember!
12/3/2020 8:15 AM
Anyone seen the clip of Rudy’s star witness in Michigan?
12/3/2020 10:42 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 12/3/2020 8:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 12/3/2020 1:55:00 AM (view original):
yeah yeah yeah
This is just thick headed wrong!!
NEVER will we be able to break the stranglehold the 2 Parties have instilled for THEMSELVES in our democratic process!! (with THAT kind of erroneous thinking!!)
We have had MANY persons of quality run for POTUS as a 3rd (or 4th and 5th) Candidate. Perot isn't even in the top tier.
Many of those could MAYBE have done a superior job to the Candidate of the Major Party!
OUR Founders were decidedly AGAINST the formation of political Parties!!
It is (IMO) exactly the problem. Instead of the citizen voter doing his DUTY as a voter by ingesting information and learning ABOUT the specific candidate and the issues facing the Nation, folks get to just vote based on some mysterious alignment as one of the two all powerful Parties that BOTH represent ONLY their donors!!!
They check the person with the (R) after their name, or the (D) without ANY real understanding of the character and ability of the PERSON they are voting for. It breeds corruption, and power wielding Party operatives. Men in the Shadows running our Government!

It is the BIGGEST problem we have. A democracy NOT being guided by the citizens, but rather Policies designed and enacted by the few and the privileged to control and subjugate the masses.
Rise UP!! Get informed!! Vote for real PEOPLE, not for Party members!
Take BACK our Country.
It's WE THE PEOPLE, remember!
THANK YOU, bob.

Exactly what I've been saying here for at least 5 years.
12/3/2020 10:57 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 12/3/2020 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Anyone seen the clip of Rudy’s star witness in Michigan?
Would
12/3/2020 11:14 AM
Tell me one third party candidate since Ross Perot that it would not be flat out weird to vote for when we have 2 parties with a stark difference unles you are like I said a dyed in the wool communist.
name one.
12/3/2020 1:05 PM
All3 you have said many many times that you vote fir the party.
12/3/2020 1:10 PM
I hate to come to all3's defense, but he has said many times that the two party system sucks and both parties suck. On the other hand he has also said he was not voting for Trump, but voting for the Republican party and that he wouldn't vote for Biden because he did not want to vote for the democrats. they seem like somewhat contradictory statements, but what do I know?
12/3/2020 2:41 PM
My point is that our friend all3 says both parties are bad but he also voted Republican. There is nothing inconsistent there. He still sees a stark difference and won’t waste his vote on nonsense candidates.
12/3/2020 2:46 PM
As usual, wylie is wrong. I NEVER said I was voting for the Republicans or Trump. In fact ( not that he knows what that is), I made it very clear on many occassions that I was voting AGAINST the Democrats and the policy thoughts of a growing number of their members. FAR from the same thing. I wish a realistic 3rd Party candidate would surface some election.

What does wylie know? Obviously not a damn thing, including how to keep his word.
12/3/2020 2:50 PM
My other point is that only people who can’t see a difference between the parties or spiteful people thumbing their nose or dedicated communists vote third party since perot.
I can’t comprehend someone saying there is no real difference in policies and goals between the parties.
12/3/2020 2:52 PM
Posted by all3 on 12/3/2020 2:50:00 PM (view original):
As usual, wylie is wrong. I NEVER said I was voting for the Republicans or Trump. In fact ( not that he knows what that is), I made it very clear on many occassions that I was voting AGAINST the Democrats and the policy thoughts of a growing number of their members. FAR from the same thing. I wish a realistic 3rd Party candidate would surface some election.

What does wylie know? Obviously not a damn thing, including how to keep his word.
I understand this.
Perot was a viable realistic third party.
the last one.
but sometimes you have also said that you vote for the party.
I don’t see much of a difference in voting against one of the 2 parties and voting for the other when we only have 2 parties and they are very different.
12/3/2020 2:56 PM (edited)
All3 has two positions. He believes that the two party system is bad, and parties generally are bad, but simultaneously also believes that voting for President means voting for a party, not an individual.

These are mutually exclusive positions. You cannot hold both.
12/3/2020 3:07 PM
I remember John Anderson. (NOT the one that does the killer version of Dylan's "Don't Think Twice"). He was legit.
Hell, I remember Teddy Roosevelt running as a Bull Moose Party Candidate. That was cool. He SHOULD have won.
Oh wait............. am I channeling again?

We could really USE a thoughtful, uncompromised 3rd party Candidate in 2024 in my view.
Just in case.

The thing is.............. I voted for Biden, BUT had the Republican Party not gone off the cliff, what with the TP nutjobs, the supremecists, and the cultists looking for their Messiah, I could just as easily have voted for a DECENT, thoughtful, uncompromised, Honest Republican this year!!!

Problem is............I'm not really sure there are any of them left!

12/3/2020 3:11 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
The Rubicon Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.