The Rubicon Topic

I disagree.
first we don’t have a 2 party system per se.
we have a 2 party country.
he quite rationally votes in a way that he thinks is best for the country and won’t waste his vote.
it makes complete and total sense to me.
12/3/2020 3:11 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 12/3/2020 3:11:00 PM (view original):
I remember John Anderson. (NOT the one that does the killer version of Dylan's "Don't Think Twice"). He was legit.
Hell, I remember Teddy Roosevelt running as a Bull Moose Party Candidate. That was cool. He SHOULD have won.
Oh wait............. am I channeling again?

We could really USE a thoughtful, uncompromised 3rd party Candidate in 2024 in my view.
Just in case.

The thing is.............. I voted for Biden, BUT had the Republican Party not gone off the cliff, what with the TP nutjobs, the supremecists, and the cultists looking for their Messiah, I could just as easily have voted for a DECENT, thoughtful, uncompromised, Honest Republican this year!!!

Problem is............I'm not really sure there are any of them left!

I mean, if we had an RCV system, this wouldn't be a problem anyway.
12/3/2020 5:03 PM
I'd be happy to vote for a 3rd party candidate if there was a decent one available, and he/she actually had a chance to win. Voting for a candidate who has no shot to win doesn't serve any purpose in my view. When HRC ran against Trump, I would have loved it if there was a 3rd party candidate out there who was any good. I strongly dislike both Trump and HRC.
12/3/2020 6:57 PM
That's why we need RCV
12/3/2020 7:30 PM
What is rcv
12/3/2020 7:45 PM
Republicans can’t vote ?

I never heard of rcv
12/3/2020 7:48 PM
CCTV footage in georgia shows incontrovertible evidence of voter fraud. Luckily, none of the legacy media will writes stories about it and if no stories exist they can continue to say there is no evidence. Foolproof!!
12/3/2020 7:57 PM
Yes proof by fools.
12/3/2020 8:03 PM
And we wonder why we are where we are...
12/3/2020 8:23 PM
That’s wonderful.

trumps big thing is that you have to do a hanging chad thing of comparing signatures on the outside of envelopes with signatures on voting rolls.

ok let me enlighten the delusional disillusioned drinkers of uncool aid.

first on common sense if there were massive instances of people filling out ballots for someone else
there would be millions of double ballots.

second peoples signatures are just not identical and sometimes people don’t take care to sign an envelope ledgibly.

third a cynical person like me would say it is a fragrant attempt to use any means possible to disenfranchise by finding signature differences fir real voters and basically throwing out a vote for failure to sign your name ledgibly and at your optimum best.

I guess it is possible that a few people signed the outside envelope of their very elderly parents and mailed it for them.
12/3/2020 8:42 PM
Funny thing is, to protect the privacy of the voters, in AZ, the ballots were LONG AGO separated from the envelopes that contain the signatures.
In MOST places you can't even physically DO what Trump wants done.

This is just NUTS, 1st Class! We have a POTUS refusing to accept democracy in action and trying his level best to overturn an election, and con/cheat approximately 160 MILLION voters out of the results of a heavily contested and hugely participated in, election!

This is TREASON. This POTUS has been guilty of Moral Treason for nearly 4 years and now he's trying the Real thing. TREASON!!
LOCK HIM UP! and then Hang him for Treason.
12/4/2020 7:43 AM
Posted by dino27 on 12/3/2020 7:45:00 PM (view original):
What is rcv
Ranked Choice Voting
12/4/2020 8:26 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/3/2020 7:57:00 PM (view original):
CCTV footage in georgia shows incontrovertible evidence of voter fraud. Luckily, none of the legacy media will writes stories about it and if no stories exist they can continue to say there is no evidence. Foolproof!!
“The officials said the ballots seen in the video were in regular ballot containers -- not suitcases -- and they had been removed from their envelopes and processed while news media and election observers for the Republican Party and Trump campaign were present.”

12/4/2020 9:26 AM
Wow, you're telling me that guitarguy wasn't completely accurate in his reporting of news? Shocker!
12/4/2020 9:43 AM
Posted by tangplay on 12/4/2020 9:43:00 AM (view original):
Wow, you're telling me that guitarguy wasn't completely accurate in his reporting of news? Shocker!
His record is worse than Trump’s legal team.
12/4/2020 10:01 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
The Rubicon Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.