What's your #1 priority for the new devs? Topic

This might be premature (we've seen broken promises many times before), but what is the change/update that you'd most like to see in HD? I'm sure most of you have several items, so feel free to make a list with ranks. Maybe we can use these responses to create a poll and help direct the developers in the right direction.
12/3/2020 1:51 PM
1) Early Entrants'
2) Job Security - I know getting fired from your dream job when you're a paying customer is super tricky to navigate, but having some firings at the top of D1 would be great.
3) Recruit generation - more quality recruits. We don't need more top-end recruits but make it easier to find someone in the Late period that isn't marginally better than a walk-on. And for losing battles, having better backup options out there.

4) Marketing and Promotions - getting the word out into the world that this game exists and is a great deal, loads of fun, and a great community. Not sure if this falls into the new devs but thought this should be said regardless :)
12/3/2020 1:56 PM
I think I'm in the minority on this but I'd like to see promises be required to be honored through the career of the recruit as well as be more valuable in the recruiting process. I think it's pretty silly the top teams can offer a start and 25 minutes to every recruit and them bury them on the bench as a sophomore or in the NT. By making the promise for the career of the recruit, rebuilding teams could really differentiate themselves by picking the right recruits to offer promises.

Another "benefit" is likely you would see a few more higher quality transfers in the late window which would be good for teams effected by EEs. Obviously, there is a major downside here (someone is losing the player) but coaches will have to prioritize winning / making promises. I like when the game introduces this type of decision making.
12/3/2020 2:28 PM
I like the idea of career promises, but it could be an extra option that would have a higher recruiting value and not necessarily replace the freshman promises.

I also wouldnt mind simply being able to edit/delete my own conf message board posts.
12/3/2020 2:34 PM
Just jobs, then see where we’re at.

It takes too long, and costs too much to get to mid-major D1 level. It’s a pretty reasonable expectation, for someone considering paying what could end up being something like $10 per month, to be playing at least low to mid level D1, if that’s the level they want to play. Forced stratification is silly when 2/3 of the D1 conferences are well under half full. Coaches with any HD experience should be able to start at any level, and work their way up from the bottom of that level.

To go along with this, job renewals should also have the option of an auto-draw. In addition to auto-renew, I would like two more options - the option to automatically use any credits I have to purchase a new season, and the option to use my CC to purchase credits for the same purpose, if I run out.

12/3/2020 2:40 PM
Game Pace & IQ.

I think the offense/defense sets in combination with game tempo are highly unrealistic in this game sim. Show me a team in real life that executes pushing the game tempo, running, drawing fouls, tiring the opponent and then the very next game excels in passing the ball around for 20 seconds each possession before the team star takes a shot at the basket.

The preparation for these playing styles is vastly different. In real life, that shows in the NT. Big 10 defensive slow games... ACC fast pace offenses.

The fullcourt press at D2 and D3 is also ridiculously overweighted in HD.
12/3/2020 2:46 PM
For me, it's probably just the game code. It was written nearly 20 years ago, and its probably due for a major revamp with some of the newer technology available. I mean, height doesn't even make a difference in a sport where height is one of the biggest factors. The offenses are all basically the same. There could be a lot more game planning options. There could be a lot more practice options (inbound plays for example).

Obviously this would take a lot of work so it shouldn't be the first change that is made. But maybe after some of the easier fixes are implemented, they could take a look at a more sophisticated game code.
12/3/2020 3:11 PM
  • Improve SIM recruiting - restrict their ability to completely trash a program in 2 seasons.
  • Improve hiring/firing process. Typical DI scenario - a) coach leaves high prestige school, b) few people are qualified to take the job so it goes SIM, c) SIM completely trashes the school (point 1 above), d) no one wants to take over the completely trashed school.
  • Put recruiting back to ONE cycle and eliminate the MANY issues two cycles cause. Can still implement Early, Whenever, Late signing preferences within the 1 cycle period.
  • Add more preferences (ie - high/low academics, Urban/rural location, etc)
12/3/2020 4:00 PM
Fix 2nd cycle recruiting for new coaches (or coaches changing teams) in these ways:

1) Allow new coaches to remove scholarships from 1st cycle Sim-AI recruits that season
2) Have a few extra recruits show up 2nd cycle (not many, but enough to give new coaches the ability to make decent signings)
3) More depth in playable recruits. You lose a battle deep into the 2nd cycle, there are often no recruits available to you that are even playable at the level you are recruiting at by that point.
4) Leftover recruits not picked up by anyone become geographically dispersed as walk-ons. Could make the occasional walk-on semi-playable.
12/3/2020 5:09 PM (edited)
Posted by mullycj on 12/3/2020 4:00:00 PM (view original):
  • Improve SIM recruiting - restrict their ability to completely trash a program in 2 seasons.
  • Improve hiring/firing process. Typical DI scenario - a) coach leaves high prestige school, b) few people are qualified to take the job so it goes SIM, c) SIM completely trashes the school (point 1 above), d) no one wants to take over the completely trashed school.
  • Put recruiting back to ONE cycle and eliminate the MANY issues two cycles cause. Can still implement Early, Whenever, Late signing preferences within the 1 cycle period.
I like these, especially the high/low academics preference. Schools could be able to target recruits that fit their unique academic needs somewhat.
12/3/2020 5:10 PM
Posted by bbunch on 12/3/2020 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 12/3/2020 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I like these, especially the high/low academics preference. Schools could be able to target recruits that fit their unique academic needs somewhat.
The Ivy League suddenly becomes the power conference that we always knew it could be.
12/3/2020 8:02 PM
I realize it's somewhat cosmetic, but I think they need to re-align the conferences to current reality. For example, I'd like to see Xavier in the Big East. This may mean starting a few new worlds of course.
12/3/2020 9:09 PM
- address base prestige concerns... idea could be the one where all 12 teams in each conference are given the same base prestige, and create 4 conference-tiers of 6 conferences each.
- yes, some realignment... there was a thread last year on a few quick adjustments that would fix the Big-12, Big Ten, and the Big East.
12/3/2020 9:33 PM
One thing I really miss from HD 2.0 is the ability to see the potential of so many recruits. The new system has grown on me, but I enjoyed being able to see many more players potential. This is particularly a problem at D3. I wonder if things could be helped by making the potentials visible (perhaps just to level 3) for each division you are in. That would encourage each division to at least look at recruits in the division they are coaching. Presently, recruits at division 3 are ignored and Division 1 is looked at too much. It feels like right now it's just luck regarding finding the right guy, since SO many of the players are bad.
12/3/2020 10:15 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 12/3/2020 9:09:00 PM (view original):
I realize it's somewhat cosmetic, but I think they need to re-align the conferences to current reality. For example, I'd like to see Xavier in the Big East. This may mean starting a few new worlds of course.
As a Nebraska coach in a Big12 I would like to stay in, please no in already started worlds.
12/3/2020 10:43 PM
123456 Next ▸
What's your #1 priority for the new devs? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.