Let's hear from the new DEVELOPERS! Topic

So I repackaged this with a new title as the first time people thought is was new coaches:

We who have played for many years and have gone through the various updates, as well as the new coaches who have not experienced what the past versions have been will have many ideas regarding the changes they would like to see in GD.

What would be excellent for us, is to get an idea of what things the new team is considering as being important or top priorities for improvement. Since this is a GD site, we have to remember there are other games that also want improving, so we may have to focus on certain specific aspects of the game at first. I'm sure most would agree that any aspect that improves the game will be welcomed as progress not seen for some time.

?Sooooo..... What do you say Chris and Adam ... what are you seeing on your tour through GD as your main focus for improvement?

Also ... to help guide them and not give a long list .... Coaches what is your #1 area of concern? Please only give one idea - there is another forum topic for longer discussions, please use that for more in depth comments. ONE short and sweet concern for Chris and Adam and let them reply about that ONE concern at a time!

Looking forward to the new and improved GD!
12/3/2020 2:27 PM
WIS Staffers Adam Lorenz and Chris Cobb will be on tonight's TTATO at 9 PM ET.
To be on the show or to watch it live at that time click here >>>> ENTER BROADCAST STUDIO.
12/3/2020 2:35 PM (edited)
1. Non active coaches getting preference for elites over active coaches with not as good resumes! A current active paying coach should get selected over a coach that is "lying in wait" for an elite to open up in that world. It is too easy to have a few good seasons and then leave, rest on your laurels until something better opens up vs. a coach that keeps plugging away season after season to maintain a good enough resume!
12/3/2020 2:34 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 12/3/2020 2:34:00 PM (view original):
1. Non active coaches getting preference for elites over active coaches with not as good resumes! A current active paying coach should get selected over a coach that is "lying in wait" for an elite to open up in that world. It is too easy to have a few good seasons and then leave, rest on your laurels until something better opens up vs. a coach that keeps plugging away season after season to maintain a good enough resume!
Jobs in general is something that seble had on his list to do for both HD and GD (for a longgg time). Some of the logic behind it makes some sense if he worlds are full and it really is a slow climb to the top. But the new normal in Gridiron with worlds at 25% capacity (across HD too) changes the games significantly. One of the things that Chris and I are going to have to weigh is modular improvements to the current game or do we full send it into a full rewrite (which isn't a fast fix).

I am not trying to discourage questions in this thread, but... I have played a total of 2 GD season ever, while there are some parallelism between GD and HD (mostly 2.0 for recruiting). I am in no place to tell you what fixes and changes we will make to what parts of the game until I understand the consequences (good and bad) of them.
12/3/2020 5:29 PM
Posted by jhunterz on 12/3/2020 2:34:00 PM (view original):
One thing that might help fix this is to have inactive coaches lose "appeal" (or whatever the app uses to determine hiring) every season that they're inactive. Sitting out one season shouldn't hurt them too much, but two, three, or more should hurt their personal prestige when it comes to hiring.
12/3/2020 10:02 PM
We need an auto recruit option. Set it to auto, and the AI recruits a real recruiting class, rather than if you are away for a week, you get nothing but walk ons.
12/3/2020 10:30 PM
Update Elite Schools. Use the new playoff format in D1. Make football similar to basketball with conference awards and all conference teams.
12/4/2020 12:19 AM
One thing that always bothers me is that the ability of a team to compete is dependent on the availability of recruits close to your school. Some schools consistently have quality recruits close to them, while others see few good recruits close by. This creates powerhouse schools simply due to location and weak wannabes for the same reason (Washington State or Colorado should be just as well able to recruit top players as Boston College or Rutgers). I always anxiously await the new recruits signing day just to look ahead to what recruits are close-by for the next season. Since this is a game, I won't buy the "but that is where most of the good recruits come from in real-life" arguments.

Some possibilities would be: **balance all recruits around all the schools in each division **make recruits with close to home, neutral, or far from home preferences in the AC phone call adhere to their response to the point that a good recruit close to your school who wants to play "far from home" will not sign to ANY school close to them. (same with close to home won't sign far away) **Decrease recruiting costs so teams can go 500 - 1000 miles with less impact on their budget. ** Have all recruits start at undecided and have the SimAI recruiting build over the first days before signing. This would mean that some undecideds who turn green for a human school may start to see SImAI schools show up it they haven't given enough consideration to the recruit.

Just some items to consider. Than you.
12/4/2020 5:40 PM
I dont like the idea of balancing recruits available for all schools.
Somehow it takes away from the flavor of the game. I like it that some teams are harder to recruit for than others. It makes it all the sweeter when you turn the hard to recruit teams into a winner.
12/4/2020 6:44 PM
Posted by 0bigzeke0 on 12/4/2020 5:40:00 PM (view original):
One thing that always bothers me is that the ability of a team to compete is dependent on the availability of recruits close to your school. Some schools consistently have quality recruits close to them, while others see few good recruits close by. This creates powerhouse schools simply due to location and weak wannabes for the same reason (Washington State or Colorado should be just as well able to recruit top players as Boston College or Rutgers). I always anxiously await the new recruits signing day just to look ahead to what recruits are close-by for the next season. Since this is a game, I won't buy the "but that is where most of the good recruits come from in real-life" arguments.

Some possibilities would be: **balance all recruits around all the schools in each division **make recruits with close to home, neutral, or far from home preferences in the AC phone call adhere to their response to the point that a good recruit close to your school who wants to play "far from home" will not sign to ANY school close to them. (same with close to home won't sign far away) **Decrease recruiting costs so teams can go 500 - 1000 miles with less impact on their budget. ** Have all recruits start at undecided and have the SimAI recruiting build over the first days before signing. This would mean that some undecideds who turn green for a human school may start to see SImAI schools show up it they haven't given enough consideration to the recruit.

Just some items to consider. Than you.
I used to think this, too. But there are ways you can compete for long distance recruits. You just have to put your thinking cap on.
12/4/2020 7:07 PM
Actually, I think certain areas having better recruits is a close parallel to real life.
12/4/2020 9:20 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 12/3/2020 2:27:00 PM (view original):
So I repackaged this with a new title as the first time people thought is was new coaches:

We who have played for many years and have gone through the various updates, as well as the new coaches who have not experienced what the past versions have been will have many ideas regarding the changes they would like to see in GD.

What would be excellent for us, is to get an idea of what things the new team is considering as being important or top priorities for improvement. Since this is a GD site, we have to remember there are other games that also want improving, so we may have to focus on certain specific aspects of the game at first. I'm sure most would agree that any aspect that improves the game will be welcomed as progress not seen for some time.

?Sooooo..... What do you say Chris and Adam ... what are you seeing on your tour through GD as your main focus for improvement?

Also ... to help guide them and not give a long list .... Coaches what is your #1 area of concern? Please only give one idea - there is another forum topic for longer discussions, please use that for more in depth comments. ONE short and sweet concern for Chris and Adam and let them reply about that ONE concern at a time!

Looking forward to the new and improved GD!
Other games have always gotten priority over GD. They get great changes and GD gets WINDOW DRESSING at the most.
12/5/2020 5:40 PM
More options regarding formation and play calling - 4wr and 1rb formation for example - also as a new player having no difference between a 3rd and 10 and 3rd and 1 in the play calling screen is frustrating IMO
12/5/2020 7:21 PM
Posted by Breaks04 on 12/5/2020 7:21:00 PM (view original):
More options regarding formation and play calling - 4wr and 1rb formation for example - also as a new player having no difference between a 3rd and 10 and 3rd and 1 in the play calling screen is frustrating IMO
Down and distance has more manageability at D2 and higher - the "advanced" game planning.
12/5/2020 8:52 PM
Posted by mojolad on 12/4/2020 6:44:00 PM (view original):
I dont like the idea of balancing recruits available for all schools.
Somehow it takes away from the flavor of the game. I like it that some teams are harder to recruit for than others. It makes it all the sweeter when you turn the hard to recruit teams into a winner.
Definitely agree. This game would get so generic if every school had the same access to recruits.
12/6/2020 12:40 AM
123 Next ▸
Let's hear from the new DEVELOPERS! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.