+1, but it's not going to happen.
7/8/2022 4:57 PM
+1
7/9/2022 9:46 AM
+1
7/11/2022 7:30 PM
That's officially twenty +1's.
7/11/2022 9:26 PM
just had a 85 health guy go down for 80 days. +1. what happens next?
7/12/2022 4:04 AM
The +1's may or may not lead to an update, but even if they do, it wouldn't change the frequency of high health player's injuries, it would hopefully update how players recover from injury.

Right now, if a player gets one of those 150+ day injuries, he usually doesn't fully recover despite a great player makeup rating, a max medical budget and max training budget. This is especially true if it's an early season injury. If the injury happens early, the player receives one injury recovery and that's it. If the injury happens late, the player receives that same injury recovery (usually on the second-to-the-last day of the regular season), then he might get an additional injury recovery during the season roll, then, if he is still injured the following season, he can be placed on the DL at the beginning of that next season and get at least one other injury recovery bump. This can really add up when you have even just one major injury to one player each season. I had/have a situation where in ten seasons, I had a major injury occur to a top player in my Organization ten times and nine out of those ten players did not fully recover. This is a very real issue. I feel like I'm playing with a flawed team. If injury recovery gets fixed to where a full medical budget allows players to get closer to full recovery, it would help a lot.

As far as next steps, I have emailed Admin to see if this is something they can update. Hopefully to twenty +1s help the advocacy.
7/12/2022 9:49 AM
Posted by tlowster on 7/12/2022 9:49:00 AM (view original):
The +1's may or may not lead to an update, but even if they do, it wouldn't change the frequency of high health player's injuries, it would hopefully update how players recover from injury.

Right now, if a player gets one of those 150+ day injuries, he usually doesn't fully recover despite a great player makeup rating, a max medical budget and max training budget. This is especially true if it's an early season injury. If the injury happens early, the player receives one injury recovery and that's it. If the injury happens late, the player receives that same injury recovery (usually on the second-to-the-last day of the regular season), then he might get an additional injury recovery during the season roll, then, if he is still injured the following season, he can be placed on the DL at the beginning of that next season and get at least one other injury recovery bump. This can really add up when you have even just one major injury to one player each season. I had/have a situation where in ten seasons, I had a major injury occur to a top player in my Organization ten times and nine out of those ten players did not fully recover. This is a very real issue. I feel like I'm playing with a flawed team. If injury recovery gets fixed to where a full medical budget allows players to get closer to full recovery, it would help a lot.

As far as next steps, I have emailed Admin to see if this is something they can update. Hopefully to twenty +1s help the advocacy.
Are you saying that EVERY player who gets a major injury should fully recover from it? That is not realistic to real life. Many players do recover fully or close to it but not all of them. While a few more injured players should recover more than they do now, I do NOT think it would be realistic for every player to fully recover every time there is an injury.
7/12/2022 11:40 PM
Posted by dyoungquist on 7/12/2022 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tlowster on 7/12/2022 9:49:00 AM (view original):

Are you saying that EVERY player who gets a major injury should fully recover from it? That is not realistic to real life. Many players do recover fully or close to it but not all of them. While a few more injured players should recover more than they do now, I do NOT think it would be realistic for every player to fully recover every time there is an injury.
No. Im saying that recovery should be more transparent, less dependant on when the player gets injured and should get close to a fully recovery if he has a good makeup rating and the team has a maxed out medical budget. Is that an unreasonable expectation?

If a player gets that 160 day injury in spring training where he loses 5 or 6 points in certain rating categories, then gets one injury recovery event where he gains back two points, he is still missing 3 or 4 points. That is significant. Especially for certain injuries with certain players. That same 160 day injury occurs in the last ten days of the season, that player likely gets much closer to full recovery because he gets one recovery event, then likely another during roll and possibly more the next season. That's inconsistent at best.

7/13/2022 11:47 AM (edited)
Ok the demotion hits seriously need to be tweaked. This is getting rediculous.

25 year old. 3rd season as pro. Got called up for 25 games last season. I sent him down to AAA because I needed another pitcher and he took a massive ratings hit.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=11424633

for my other team, 23 year old kid. 2 years as a pro. Called him up. He hit under 200. Sent him down and he took a ratings hit.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=11540639

you’d think these guys have patience in the single digits. How are we supposed to try new guys on our team if everytime they get sent down WHEN THEY HAVE OPTIONS they lose points in major categories.

they should do like they do in Hoops Dynasty. Have the guys makeup take a hit until they get called back up to the majors. Having a guys contact or batting eye go down 2-3 points because I sent him down to AAA as a 20-25 year old makes no sense.
7/21/2022 10:07 AM
I agree with you, but I remember the reason for the demotion ratings penalties: We shouldn't be able to use our full 40-man rosters for our major league teams throughout the season.

I can guess that when the game was developed, this was put in to keep real life roster movements in place while guarding against unchecked player movement between minors and majors. If the demotion penalties didn't exist, then you'd have to do something like "no demotions allowed if you call up a player younger than 24"... just spitballing that one.

Of course, these days teams like the Dodgers essentially use a 30 man roster, so who knows...
7/21/2022 11:26 AM
I agree that the demotions thing can be pretty broken. I think guys on the 40 man shouldn’t really see ratings drops for being optioned up and down. Especially since injuries sometimes require some roster movement and should help put the best team on the field without worrying about later ratings drops.
7/21/2022 11:30 AM
Posted by damag on 7/21/2022 11:26:00 AM (view original):
I agree with you, but I remember the reason for the demotion ratings penalties: We shouldn't be able to use our full 40-man rosters for our major league teams throughout the season.

I can guess that when the game was developed, this was put in to keep real life roster movements in place while guarding against unchecked player movement between minors and majors. If the demotion penalties didn't exist, then you'd have to do something like "no demotions allowed if you call up a player younger than 24"... just spitballing that one.

Of course, these days teams like the Dodgers essentially use a 30 man roster, so who knows...
It would take more of an algorithm but I think ratings demotions should be ‘reasonable’. A kid with patience of 0? Of course he should take a ratings hit when he gets demoted.

guys 30 years older + ? Or course he should take a ratings hit getting demoted.

a kid with 400 at bats hitting 300? A demotion ratings hit makes sense.

but again, 25 games last season or a kid hitting under 200 in real life if I go to him and say ‘we’d like you to get more seasoning in the minors’ and he gets P*ssed off, I’d be looking to move that kid ASAP.

edit: Or again, they do this well in hoops dynasty. Demote the kid, he takes a ratings hit. ‘Oops. Ok I screwed up’ bring him back up to the majors and he gets the ratings back.

with these kids, if I knew the hit was going to be so big I would have found a way to keep ‘em in the majors.
7/21/2022 12:23 PM
I'm completely onboard with you Hockey. It drives me crazy that I can't cycle a few extra pitchers back and forth between AAA and ML like many clubs do with players who still have option years in real life.
7/21/2022 3:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...33|34|35|36|37 Next ▸
Quality of Life/ Bug Fixes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.