Quality of Life/ Bug Fixes? Topic

If may not respond directly to your ideas but I am reading all of them and looking for things that will help the game in the short term.

Thanks!
12/13/2020 4:16 PM
Thanks for doing this on the weekend!
12/13/2020 4:20 PM
First, thanks for asking this question!

1. ability to re-set draft boards after Rounds 1-5...have the draft spread out over more time...it's an exciting moment during the season.
2. change lineup just for one game, then go back to defaults...it would be great to just give a guy a day off without having to go back after the game and fix it.
3. tone down the injuries a bit...it seems they are way more frequent than real baseball

Bigger - actual performance being more relevant to long term value compared to ratings. So many owners only care about the ratings projections..."this guy hits 40 HRs a year!" followed by "yeah, but he's only a 62 vs RHP".
12/13/2020 4:26 PM
Posted by adlorenz on 12/13/2020 4:16:00 PM (view original):
If may not respond directly to your ideas but I am reading all of them and looking for things that will help the game in the short term.

Thanks!
We apreciate this so much. It’s nice to be heard after all of this time and know that the delvelopers are taking our suggestions. Which is awesome.

the two biggest ‘changes’ that a few of us have noticed that has been no update (this may just be coincidence but there have been enough instances that some of the long time owners have taken notice.

1) players under 30 with high makeup (80 or higher) are starting to experience ratings drop. This is somthing we hadn’t noticed in the past that we’re starting to see now.

2) There used to be what we called the injury ‘glitch’ where if you kept a player on the 60 injury reserve For most of the season regardless of their injury they would gain additional ratings points past what their former number was. This only worked if you had 20 million in medical. Now we have found that, even with 20 million in medical sometimes players will not return to pre-injury ratings regardless how long they are on the IR.

again, these may just be all of us putting on our tinfoil hats and noticing patterns where they don’t exist. These are just 2 of the biggest things we have noticed in the past year of HBD.
12/13/2020 4:40 PM
This is a very minor thing, and honestly is one that I could live without...but since you're asking, would it be possible to put in a fourth colored dot to the player profiles? I know HD has green, blue, yellow and red and HBD only has green, yellow and red. The way I currently make use of the dots, it would be helpful to have a 4th option but my current system also seems to be doing what I need it to do so it is not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. Thanks again for everything you've done for WIS already!
12/13/2020 4:49 PM
I'm stealing some from the suggestions board but

1) Freeze the heading row when you are sorting through FA's
2) Allow for more than two filters when looking at FA's
3) Make it easier to copy/paste or export data from the site
4) Allow for importing of draft board (csv upload)
12/13/2020 5:19 PM
Posted by bruinsfan911 on 12/13/2020 4:49:00 PM (view original):
This is a very minor thing, and honestly is one that I could live without...but since you're asking, would it be possible to put in a fourth colored dot to the player profiles? I know HD has green, blue, yellow and red and HBD only has green, yellow and red. The way I currently make use of the dots, it would be helpful to have a 4th option but my current system also seems to be doing what I need it to do so it is not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. Thanks again for everything you've done for WIS already!
+1
12/13/2020 6:49 PM
It would be amazing if there was some way to tag certain minor leaguers so the AI doesn't deactivate them. It's super annoying when you're trying to develop reliever prospects and you have to check every level of the minors every couple days to make sure they're not sitting on the inactive list while some 27-year-old career minor leaguer is pitching every day.
12/13/2020 7:01 PM
I also would like the "4th dot" option.

Thread in one of my leagues...people would like overall budget to fluctuate a little based on org success...several seasons of poor results might cost $10mm on overall budget, representing waning fan enthusiasm, while opposite for winning teams, riding their success...but not major, maybe like $10mm-$15mm between extremes.
12/13/2020 7:38 PM
Another thing that someone else mentioned at some point in the past which I just remembered as being something that could be helpful is multi-year contracts for coaches...not sure if this is a short term thing or a long term thing, but it would likely be greatly appreciated.
12/13/2020 8:31 PM
I'd like to give a +1 to the folks commenting about extending the draft. I think it would be so cool to make the 1st rd + supplemental on Day 1. Then, the rest of the draft 24 hours later... giving owners one day to reset their draft boards, if they want to. More of a chance to find a hidden gem in the draft (You could even give a few leftover prospects a DiTR promotion after the 1st rd to garner more interest in the later rounds of the draft).

Also, I get why the "still thinking about college" guys take several days to sign - to make it more realistic. However, I think it kills some of the buzz of draft day. You have to wait 1-2 weeks to evaluate your world's draft. Why can't all the draft picks just immediately accept/reject/demand a higher bonus, etc... then we could see everyone's draft haul the next day.
12/13/2020 8:51 PM
adlorenz, you asked for it. And you got it. Seriously, just keep up the dialogue with all of us, and let us know when any changes are being made. There are SO MANY updates that need to be made to the WIS help pages, etc. Small steps....
12/13/2020 10:23 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 12/13/2020 10:23:00 PM (view original):
adlorenz, you asked for it. And you got it. Seriously, just keep up the dialogue with all of us, and let us know when any changes are being made. There are SO MANY updates that need to be made to the WIS help pages, etc. Small steps....
Yeah, all the games need this BADLY, I actually started on HD today because I know it the best. Good news is that requires no development work.
12/13/2020 10:59 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 12/13/2020 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Lots of good options here. I would love for spring training to set a ‘recommended settings’ to have a max pitch count of 40 for pitchers or something like that. I hate having to do that manually every year.
+1
12/14/2020 3:58 AM
FA list - ability to filter by Age.
12/14/2020 4:01 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...37 Next ▸
Quality of Life/ Bug Fixes? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.