Unusual Strategies (FTA) Topic

Hi, I am very new here. I just started my first sim league basketball team this past week and I have been experimenting with roster construction in many ways. I was wondering if anyone has seen a strategy to load up on high FTA players in the hope of fouling out the opponents players. I imagine a high usage % would help the strategy too. Then perhaps use the fast pace offense to try and get more chances for the opponent to foul. I am curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this or any other gimmicky type of strategy that could translate to success.
Thanks
12/14/2020 1:58 PM
in my experience FTA numbers tend to under-generate for whatever reason - it's a weighting that inclines the engine towards more FTAs but it is very rare that you see a 800+ FTA Shaq get more than 500-600 FTAs in a sim season (for instance) and those FTAs are factored into the player season valuation cost so you wind up spending money on something that doesn't really happen
12/14/2020 2:07 PM
Unusual Strategies (FTA) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.