84-85 / 06-07 Double Progressive (FULL) Topic

This is a double progressive with some added stipulations (primarily a salary cap) that makes it significantly more balanced than other progressives. For example, this season every team was between 20 and 59 wins, and there was only one team below even 27 wins. It is typically like that every season. We also historically have been a very low turnover league, entering our 9th season with 19 of the original 24 owners.

The two teams (team 2 is the all time winningest team and only missed the playoffs once in 8 seasons; team 1 just missed the playoffs and is stacked super deep in young talent):
Name Status Selected By
Arenas, Gilbert KEEP Team 1
Buse, Don KEEP Team 1
Erving, Julius KEEP Team 1
Hayes, Chuck KEEP Team 1
Jefferson, Richard KEEP Team 1
Kaman, Chris KEEP Team 1
Ming, Yao KEEP Team 1
Nelson, Jameer KEEP Team 1
Outlaw, Bo KEEP Team 1
Perkins, Kendrick KEEP Team 1
Abdul-Jabbar, Kareem KEEP Team 2
Davis, Charles KEEP Team 2
Green, Rickey KEEP Team 2
House, Eddie KEEP Team 2
Martin, Kenyon IR Team 2
Nocioni, Andres KEEP Team 2
Oldham, Jawann KEEP Team 2
Ruland, Jeff KEEP Team 2
Skinner, Brian KEEP Team 2
Smith, J.R. KEEP Team 2
Udrih, Beno KEEP Team 2
West, Delonte KEEP Team 2
1/11/2021 1:06 PM (edited)
Seriously, it is a pretty cool league with a lot of the top people from the progressive community.
1/7/2021 1:39 PM
I'd be interested, with the caveat that I'm pretty experienced in the open leagues but this would be my first progressive.

If I see one more State Farm or triple Worm team I'm gonna claw my eyes out, I need to get out of open leagues.
1/8/2021 11:50 AM
Posted by raggedclaws on 1/8/2021 11:50:00 AM (view original):
I'd be interested, with the caveat that I'm pretty experienced in the open leagues but this would be my first progressive.

If I see one more State Farm or triple Worm team I'm gonna claw my eyes out, I need to get out of open leagues.
That sounds good. We have some protections in place to help people new to progs so it might be a good fit. Which team do you want?
1/9/2021 2:38 AM
Awesome. I'll take team 1.
1/9/2021 5:40 PM
Good opportunity to take over a winning franchise with Kareem.
1/11/2021 11:16 AM
i would give it a shot with kareem but one caveat would you tell me what the salary cap is?
1/11/2021 11:23 AM
Last team taken.
1/11/2021 1:06 PM
84-85 / 06-07 Double Progressive (FULL) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.