Insurrection Topic

Not much else to say to someone who is trying to silence someone sharing their experiences of sexual assault and possible near-death.
2/4/2021 10:19 AM
I don't like AOC. You didn't like Trump. It is what is it
2/4/2021 10:31 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/4/2021 9:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/2/2021 8:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/2/2021 6:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 2/1/2021 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Like her or dislike her, everyone should take the time to listen to AOC recount her experiences during the capitol riot. Horrifying.
If nobody ever listened to her ever again, or Pelosi, We would be so much better off. Newsome is even forse
**** you. She's talking about her experiences as a sexual assault survivor and her trauma from NEARLY DYING at the Capitol riots.

Like, seriously. Go **** yourself.
She is a very evil person. Ok so she is your hero.

Typical of the radical democrat left is your bottom line there. For someone with so much so called education, you seem to have trouble expressing yourself without resorting to vulgarity.
so Trump is good, but AOC is evil?? Right. That right there tells me enough about how you think. I don't think AOC is the greatest, but evil? Trump may or may not be evil, but he does not give a **** about me, you, the U.S, Canada or anyone other than himself.
2/4/2021 12:36 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/4/2021 10:31:00 AM (view original):
I don't like AOC. You didn't like Trump. It is what is it
You not liking AOC doesn't bother me much. You thinking Trump is wonderful is delusional.
2/4/2021 12:38 PM
Why do people keep posting "Trump doesn't care about people", then agree when someone else says "Very, very few Politicians care about people"? (Not this time, but in the past.) Trump is no different than 99.9% of all politicians in that regard, so why keep beating the dead, and irrelevant, horse?
2/4/2021 1:37 PM
furry palms.
2/4/2021 2:13 PM
I still can’t get over this.

Imagine the reaction if Biden, Pelosi, or Schumer had addressed an "Antifa" rally and said "let's go to the police station and fight; I'll go with you; you can go by different rules" and the crowd then smashed its way into the station, murdering and maiming police officers. Imagine if the mob, as it attacked police, chanted "fight for Biden," "no Pelosi no peace," or "Schumer sent us," while Democratic leaders tweeted at them "we love you" and "remember this day forever."

You have to use your imagination, because nothing like this ever happened.
2/12/2021 7:30 PM
that's exactly why the senate should convict

so this kinda thing doesn't continue

the fact is, if congress wants to, it can keep its own police force and swat team and jailhouse

it's better for everyone if the executive makes a good faith effort to keep the peace at the courthouse, at the white house, and at the people's house
2/12/2021 8:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/1/2021 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Like her or dislike her, everyone should take the time to listen to AOC recount her experiences during the capitol riot. Horrifying.
You mean the account where she was freaking out looking for a drawer to hide in while Katie Porter was sitting at her desk drinking coffee looking at AOC like she was crazy?

I’m not discounting the gravitas of her feelings that day. What happened was horrible and some of the insurrectionists seriously meant to do harm. There’s no denying that. But AOC is also a drama queen and has lost a lot of credibility since entering the spotlight with her constant exaggerations and hyperbole.
2/12/2021 9:55 PM
I’m not sure there are any grounds in which to convict Trump. The charge is “incitement of insurrection.”

Let me say this first. The trial is definitely constitutional. The “unconstitutional” argument is stupid. There is precedent for the trial.

As far as a conviction, he literally said “peacefully and patriotically protest.” Even if you think that he didn’t mean his words, there’s no way of proving that.

Anyone who is intellectually honest knows that when he said “fight like hell”, he was not talking about storming the capitol building.

If we impeach every politician that makes inflammatory comments, we wouldn’t have a government. Trump is not responsible for what his idiot supporters do the same way that Bernie is not responsible his idiot supporter shooting up a congressional baseball game after his inflammatory comments. Obama is not responsible for his idiot supporter shooting and killing 5 Dallas police officers after his inflammatory comments.

“But-for causation” is a terrible legal argument.

The whole “prevent it from happening again” argument is dumb. Convicting Trump is not what is going to keep it from happening again. The fact that the majority of the insurrectionists have now been arrested and there’s more coming is what will keep it from happening again.
2/12/2021 10:14 PM
Anyone intellectually honest knows he’s guilty of inciting the event on January 6th. Just ask the people who did the storming.

obama and Bernie didn’t spend months inciting anyone. Telling lies to incite anyone. Planning the event on the day of certification. Man, open your eyes. You’re smarter than this.

He knew Pence was in Danger and he threw gas on that fire with a tweet talking **** about trump right after he gets the call from Tuberville.

the majority of the insurrections were detained? Uh no. That’s an opinion right there. One I’m not sure is right.

Throw the book at this dumbass and politicians won’t try this **** again. There will ALWAYS be rubes that follow idiots like Trump or Jim Jones.
2/12/2021 10:59 PM
"Anyone who is intellectually honest knows that when he said “fight like hell”, he was not talking about storming the capitol building."

except fire in a theater

he said it and they did

to prevent it from happening again you put the guy who yells fire in jail

i don't have to prove it

i'm on the jury i say Guilty

its my belief he's a grown man president of the united states and he should know better
2/12/2021 11:14 PM
Posted by The Taint on 2/12/2021 10:59:00 PM (view original):
Anyone intellectually honest knows he’s guilty of inciting the event on January 6th. Just ask the people who did the storming.

obama and Bernie didn’t spend months inciting anyone. Telling lies to incite anyone. Planning the event on the day of certification. Man, open your eyes. You’re smarter than this.

He knew Pence was in Danger and he threw gas on that fire with a tweet talking **** about trump right after he gets the call from Tuberville.

the majority of the insurrections were detained? Uh no. That’s an opinion right there. One I’m not sure is right.

Throw the book at this dumbass and politicians won’t try this **** again. There will ALWAYS be rubes that follow idiots like Trump or Jim Jones.
I don’t think the question is whether he incited the riot, but rather if you can prove that he incited the riot. Feeling that he incited the riot is not enough to convict.

Obama and Biden did spend months telling lies (using hyperbole at a minimum), which led to the tragedies. Obama spent months telling Americans that police were bad people. An Obama supporter went out and shot 5 cops. Bernie spent months saying that the Republican health care plan was to kill people. A Bernie supporter went and shot up a congressional baseball game.

A majority of the insurrectionists have been arrested. That’s not my opinion. That’s a fact. See link below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1%3famp

All in all, I could give two ***** if they convict him. I thought he was a scumbag in 2015 when he decided to run and he has proven that to be true as nauseum. My point is that I don’t think a legal standard has been met to convict him. Feelings aren’t evidence.
2/12/2021 11:20 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 2/12/2021 11:14:00 PM (view original):
"Anyone who is intellectually honest knows that when he said “fight like hell”, he was not talking about storming the capitol building."

except fire in a theater

he said it and they did

to prevent it from happening again you put the guy who yells fire in jail

i don't have to prove it

i'm on the jury i say Guilty

its my belief he's a grown man president of the united states and he should know better
Definitely a fair post. I disagree that what he said equates to yelling “fire in a theater”, but you are more than entitled to believe it does equate.
2/12/2021 11:21 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 2/12/2021 7:30:00 PM (view original):
I still can’t get over this.

Imagine the reaction if Biden, Pelosi, or Schumer had addressed an "Antifa" rally and said "let's go to the police station and fight; I'll go with you; you can go by different rules" and the crowd then smashed its way into the station, murdering and maiming police officers. Imagine if the mob, as it attacked police, chanted "fight for Biden," "no Pelosi no peace," or "Schumer sent us," while Democratic leaders tweeted at them "we love you" and "remember this day forever."

You have to use your imagination, because nothing like this ever happened.
I think you had better go listen to the clips that Trump's defense played this morning, featuring remarks from Pelosi, Biden and a few others.
You'll need to retract that last part after you do.
2/12/2021 11:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...19 Next ▸
Insurrection Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.