HD Discord Server: Discussion and Mentors Topic

Please come be a part of the HD Discord Server. (Link at the bottom)

It's pretty common knowledge that this game has a steep learning curve. The fastest way, and sometimes the only way, to success is to have a mentor, which usually means finding a way to join one of the many chats that we are a part of around here. Most people online, especially with games, use Discord to communicate and interact with each other. I'm relatively new to the game, so we would need some buy in from the veterans here to come participate and share their knowledge. Discord should be a familiar environment for a lot of newer users and would foster more discussion and interaction than forums traditionally accomplish. Again, the focus here is to help people get better and keep new players involved. More players means more populated worlds and a better experience for all of us. If you have any experience, please come join and share it with us. We need people from each world and from all ranges of success. If you're new to the game, please come ask questions!

If you aren't familiar with Discord, it's free and has a desktop application, a mobile app, and a web browser version. There's various options for channels to chat in, for instance a chat channel for each world. We will have user roles to signify who is a long time coach so that people can get help more efficiently.

Use the link below to join:
https://discord.gg/BCGgKnETvE
1/7/2021 3:18 PM
Thanks to everyone that's already joined! It's good to see some of you HoFs and vets in the chat.
1/7/2021 8:27 PM
I’m sorry, it would literally make my brain explode. I can’t even do Twitter, it’s too chaotic.

But feel free to sitemail me any time.
1/7/2021 9:18 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/7/2021 9:18:00 PM (view original):
I’m sorry, it would literally make my brain explode. I can’t even do Twitter, it’s too chaotic.

I agree with shoe for the first time in my existence on this earth
1/7/2021 9:21 PM
Highly recommend checking this out.

Its a fluid community hub for all things HD.

1/7/2021 9:30 PM
You really should check this out.

There's punch and pie
1/7/2021 9:41 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 1/7/2021 9:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/7/2021 9:18:00 PM (view original):

I agree with shoe for the first time in my existence on this earth
There's obviously no pressure to join of course! The goal here is to have a place to build a community for everyone and also to give new users a specific, centralized place where they can get information and stay plugged into the game. It's optional and might not be for everyone, I just know that veteran buy-in and veteran help means a lot around here.
1/7/2021 10:21 PM
There's no pressure but if you don't, you're not gonna get punch and pie!
1/7/2021 10:55 PM
"I was under the impression there'd be punch and pie?"

haha, it's great to have a bunch of people in there already. Been fun to see all the HD Chatter.

We're up to 28 people there!
1/8/2021 10:01 AM (edited)
We've got almost 40 people now, ranging from extremely experienced veterans to newbies like myself. It's been great getting to know everyone and the discussions have been a blast.

ALSO Discord by default sends you a lot of notifications when people are talking. It's very easy to disable and not have it blow you up. If you join and have any questions about anything, please feel free to message me (here or on the server) and I will gladly assist you in anything you need getting set up.
1/8/2021 2:45 PM
Bump
1/10/2021 10:30 AM
HD Discord is rocking!
1/10/2021 12:12 PM
Thanks for those of you that keep joining. We have A LOT of experience at all levels now. It's helped me already. Good to see Adam on as well.
1/10/2021 5:24 PM
I'm enjoying the discord. It would be great to have some more coaches to talk to. Teemo starts talking in circles after a while. lol
1/10/2021 11:29 PM
(and there's still punch and pie)
1/10/2021 11:36 PM
12 Next ▸
HD Discord Server: Discussion and Mentors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.