Same person, multiple user ID's in same world Topic

I know of one that does this.

I remember seeing something about another that is using the same tactic. Who was it? Feel free to sitemail me if you'd rather keep it private.

I may have found another one.
1/9/2021 12:56 PM (edited)
Never understood the need for this ? It always bothers me when I see it.
I mean , it might be innocently done ? Obviously I can't know that. But the potential for abuse is what bothers the hell out of me.
1/9/2021 2:59 PM
Posted by mojolad on 1/9/2021 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Never understood the need for this ? It always bothers me when I see it.
I mean , it might be innocently done ? Obviously I can't know that. But the potential for abuse is what bothers the hell out of me.
I agree. I see the scheduling convenience if you want multiple teams but I am not sure how you could pass the straight face test unless they were say D3 and D1A. Even then, there are worlds on the same recruiting schedule. Just go there for “convenience”. East coast vs west coast doesn’t change this for me either. Maybe there is a legit reason, idk, but I can’t think of one tbh.
1/9/2021 3:27 PM
In my mind, it’s definitely cheating. WIS wants their money though. I left a world once that the guy was double teaming me in recruiting. Looks like it’s happening again...
1/9/2021 3:48 PM
It's allowed under the rules.

You just have to make sure you're not in the same conference, or within 1,000 miles of your second account. And you can't schedule games between your alternate teams. And your teams can't be helping each other out or collaborating in any way.

I have two profiles, but for the last year have been on different worlds for each. Before that, I did spend time in the same worlds, but different Divisions and and not within 1,000 miles. I might have been in the same division for one or two seasons, but cut that out because I didn't want any hint of impropriety.

Oh, and I might add that recruiting for two different teams, in one cycle, even though they were at different division levels, just got to be too much for me.

But having two profiles on the same world is perfectly within the rules as long as you follow the prohibitions set out for such.
1/10/2021 7:00 PM (edited)
Posted by bigpoppa85 on 1/9/2021 3:48:00 PM (view original):
In my mind, it’s definitely cheating. WIS wants their money though. I left a world once that the guy was double teaming me in recruiting. Looks like it’s happening again...
+1
1/9/2021 4:37 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 1/9/2021 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bigpoppa85 on 1/9/2021 3:48:00 PM (view original):
+1
One guy double teaming you with two different profiles is against the rules. Yes, it is cheating and you should report it if it happens.
1/9/2021 5:09 PM
I have a theory on this. And my two previous theories proved correct.

this would be this guys 3rd ID actually....
1/9/2021 5:57 PM
Report it, bigpoppa. Adlorenz seems a lot more open to looking at stuff than prior administrations, but he really didn't like a discussion of cheating that developed in the HD forums if I recall correctly. I think he wants it handled quietly.
1/9/2021 6:18 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 1/9/2021 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Report it, bigpoppa. Adlorenz seems a lot more open to looking at stuff than prior administrations, but he really didn't like a discussion of cheating that developed in the HD forums if I recall correctly. I think he wants it handled quietly.
Reported. I doubt anything will come from it though. This would make the 3rd ID for the guy in the same world. 3 separate divisions but he is using them to protect his teams.

had the same issue with him before.
1/9/2021 9:34 PM (edited)
As long as a coach stays outside the 1000, it's not cheating. However, there are ways it can be used to give that coach an advantage.

For example, I could have a team in Arizona and one in Tenn. I could scout players out West using my AZ team, and scout players in the south with my Tenn team. Scouting reports can be used by that coach, to help with understanding potential with longer distance recruits. If I'm in Tenn, and I'd like to look at potential for recruits in Arizona and Colorado, it would cost me a small fortune. But, if I use my Arizona ID, it costs me a fraction and now my Tenn team has knowledge of the potential of a recruit, that they previously would never have the funds to go obtain.

Also, you could even use one ID to knock off SIMs with one ID, get them green, and then pour money into the recruit with the other ID as a backup plan. I do this alot with recruits that I know another coach is not going to sign. If I can turn them yellow, then I know the recruit will come to me if the other coach doesn't sign them. This could really help a D1AA team, where a specific recruit may not be good for D1, but would be excellent for a D1AA team.

Obviously, the second scenario above would likely get called out quick, so I think it's tough for a coach to pull that one off. While cheating possibilities exist, I believe that 99.9% of coaches here are honest guys that just want to try things with one ID (new formation, etc.), and something else with another. Until a coach proves otherwise, I'll trust these coaches that do this and give them the benefit of the doubt.

1/11/2021 4:48 PM
There are ways to manipulate recruiting with two accounts.

If you have a competitor who is about to sign a top QB or RB then all you need to do is have your upper division team start recruiting him. Even if he doesn't sign him but turns him yellow. That will take a chunk of money out of your competitions pocket.

1/11/2021 4:55 PM
It's an absolute advantage to recruiting, even if 1000 miles apart. I should probably think about doing it.
1/11/2021 5:07 PM
not in Hayes i hope
1/11/2021 5:11 PM
Regardless of the rules allowing it under certain conditions I can't help feel it is just wrong .
1/11/2021 8:46 PM
1234 Next ▸
Same person, multiple user ID's in same world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.