Same person, multiple user ID's in same world Topic

Posted by adlorenz on 1/19/2021 3:16:00 PM (view original):
I understand the want to publicly out the cheaters, but I think what it does it build a lot of distrust in the community. Much like in other video games where you report a cheater you typically don't get feedback on the report. I am not trying to keep you all in the dark, but if you report it to me I take it very seriously. If you see the account disappear or move, odds are you got him. If nothing happens more than likely it wasn't the same person.

bigpoppa85 you are awesome in the situation and appreciate your report and nothing malicious will happen to the reporter. We simply don't have the man power like other games to proactively hunt these accounts down so we rely on your all to help. I am very grateful for that.
I am glad you looked into it but I still do not like the process.
First, is it cheating to have multiple logins in the same world?
If it is then let us know.

But if it is not then it should be something that you check proactively.
We do not have CC info or access to real names like you do so it is almost impossible for us to catch someone doing this.
I really think it would help the trust in the game if we knew you were making these checks as part of a monthly review of the game.
1/19/2021 8:30 PM
I used to be a "cheater", I had 4 IDs. Two for me, two for co-coaching. But this was 2007, 2008, many of us had multiple IDs, if you wanted 2 teams that you could recruit at the same time then you had to have 2 in the same world since there were no worlds that ran simultaneously back then. Then they added 3 new worlds that were parallel with existing worlds and the 2 teams at once issue was resolved, no real need for it.

I also moved up levels with other coaches a few times, and took over my old team with a 2nd ID because I didnt want to lose it just yet, but havent done that in about 10 years. But that's what we did back then. Some tried to cheat with two teams, but then they realized the guy they were trying to cheat also had another ID, so the cheaters went away as quickly as they appeared.
1/19/2021 11:52 PM
Posted by wdfox on 1/19/2021 8:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by adlorenz on 1/19/2021 3:16:00 PM (view original):
I understand the want to publicly out the cheaters, but I think what it does it build a lot of distrust in the community. Much like in other video games where you report a cheater you typically don't get feedback on the report. I am not trying to keep you all in the dark, but if you report it to me I take it very seriously. If you see the account disappear or move, odds are you got him. If nothing happens more than likely it wasn't the same person.

bigpoppa85 you are awesome in the situation and appreciate your report and nothing malicious will happen to the reporter. We simply don't have the man power like other games to proactively hunt these accounts down so we rely on your all to help. I am very grateful for that.
I am glad you looked into it but I still do not like the process.
First, is it cheating to have multiple logins in the same world?
If it is then let us know.

But if it is not then it should be something that you check proactively.
We do not have CC info or access to real names like you do so it is almost impossible for us to catch someone doing this.
I really think it would help the trust in the game if we knew you were making these checks as part of a monthly review of the game.
I am enforcing the current fair play guidelines right now, doesn't mean that I am not going to revisit this in the future.

Hoops Dynasty & Gridiron Dynasty

More than one team in the same world

One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.

If an owner finds himself in this situation due to accident, he should submit a support ticket and request to have himself transferred to a different school or removed from the world.

I think you also have a misunderstanding on how "easy" this is to check. These games weren't developed with this use case in mind, they should have been. Additionally, we run seven games, our authentication services are run by our parent company and not integrated well with WIS, and probably close to 1/3 of all WIS IDs don't match their counterpart in Sportshub's records. There is no way to query groups of IPs or credit cards so all checks are done on a one-off basis. In bigger gaming companies you have teams dedicated to anti-cheat, there are two of us.

With that said, we are looking into adding some of these checks and balances to the future version for GD, because I do think it's important to have integrity in the games. The other solution is you design games in a way that having multiple accounts doesn't grant an advantage so its a non-issue.

Hopefully that clears up some of your concerns/questions.

-Adam
1/20/2021 10:31 AM
I think you should hire China or Russia's government hackers to check it for you. You probably couldn't do better if these were actually possible .
1/20/2021 11:29 AM
"One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another."

Adam, I hope you realize how totally inadequate this rule is. The 1,000 mile criterion is meaningless. I also hope you will make the rule: "Controlling more than one team in the same world by accounts associated in any way is absolutely prohibited. First violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams. Second violation will result in the removal of all accounts involved from the WIS site."

No one expects you to be able to enforce this rule absolutely with the limited resources available to you without information provided by the customer community. That said, if your procedure were to follow up on legitimate customer-provided information, and the rules had some teeth so that violation had actual consequences, that alone would provide an immeasurably fairer environment. In the current environment the perception is that there exists little to no chance of a cheater suffering any consequences. That needs to change, and is easily within your reach.
1/20/2021 2:08 PM
There are those who seem to think this is a black and white issue. It is not. I ask the simple question, how do you know when a father, son relationship doesn't exist between two users on the platform? The father pays with his credit card. Both father and son use the same computer to manage their teams. So, how do you know this is the case, unless you ask them directly?

It's not black and white folks. There are all kinds of gray areas where it's not cheating.
1/20/2021 3:10 PM
twobuckchuck in Hayes is bagchucker coaches and realist9900 recruits

in the past bkdries recruited then chrondon84 recruited
1/20/2021 4:52 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 1/20/2021 3:10:00 PM (view original):
There are those who seem to think this is a black and white issue. It is not. I ask the simple question, how do you know when a father, son relationship doesn't exist between two users on the platform? The father pays with his credit card. Both father and son use the same computer to manage their teams. So, how do you know this is the case, unless you ask them directly?

It's not black and white folks. There are all kinds of gray areas where it's not cheating.
Good point.
Maybe the way to handle this is to disclose when someone or family have more than one team in a world.
1/20/2021 6:06 PM

There are more than enough worlds to go around for this type of situation. There is no need for doubling up until the number of family members playing exceeds the number of worlds. Why invite cheating?
1/20/2021 9:20 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 1/20/2021 9:20:00 PM (view original):

There are more than enough worlds to go around for this type of situation. There is no need for doubling up until the number of family members playing exceeds the number of worlds. Why invite cheating?
I really am glad you aren't owner of this site. If my son wants to play the game, we definitely would want to play and compete against one another in same world. He's now starting to get into sports so maybe it happens. I would imagine there are a few, if not several instances like this already.
1/21/2021 7:25 PM
"If my son wants to play the game, we definitely would want to play and compete against one another in same world. He's now starting to get into sports so maybe it happens. I would imagine there are a few, if not several instances like this already."

Of course there are instances like this already. And in some cases the people involved don't cheat. But some people use multiple teams in a world to cheat. What is there to prevent it? There's no perfect solution, but trying their best to prevent it is better than turning a blind eye.
1/21/2021 8:27 PM (edited)
Wouldn't it be helpful to play one of your alts in out of conference play? Do some testing. Try different things out. If one team needed a win more than the other? Well, that can be arranged.

That scenario being played out right now in Wilkinson by a coach with 3 teams there.
1/29/2021 12:31 PM
name him

god you f*ckers beat around the bush

say whats true

GD football coaches are the worst
1/29/2021 12:54 PM
THE WORST
1/29/2021 12:54 PM
No need to name him since he's not hiding it. He uses the same name for all 3 teams. Willinson coaches know about it but since the 3 teams are 1000 miles apart hes not breaking any rules
1/29/2021 1:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Same person, multiple user ID's in same world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.