I’m thinking of experimenting with one of my 100% SG teams and carry zero TEs on my roster. I believe the game engine will fill the TE spot with a bench OL. Obviously, I will use the TE position as a blocker 100% of the time.

Has anyone tried this? Does the OL still take the “out of position” penalty? If I change a OL to TE their BLK and GI take a hit. Is that the type of penalty I will incur?
1/10/2021 11:24 AM
I believe the position will be filled by an OL and there is a penalty, but based on harris WB research, the TE penalty was negligible.

Yes to the final question imho.
1/10/2021 3:34 PM
I have changed OL to TE successfully when it was gonna be a blocking only TE. This too is an option. I have only done this with a rookie OL because the penalty for the position change is too high for anything over a rookie.
1/10/2021 3:41 PM
Ok, I think I’m going try going no TEs for one of my teams and just let the engine fill in a bench OL. Should be fun....
1/10/2021 4:27 PM
I think I broke the sim. I have been experimenting with a team in Hayes, Elmhurst.
I have only recruited QB, WR, OL, LB. That is ALL I have on the team. All seems to go fine in the sim until I'm on defense I am only playing a 3-4. Even though I have my sub level for every LB set at 95 It will not sub any LB's the entire game. Not only that but the sim will only pull 10 LB's and then my starting WR. It's like it doesn't see the other 13 LB"s on my roster. My starting WR has a PP of 133% per game even though his sub level is at 95 as well. Not sure how I can get the sim to start pulling more LB's as I have 23. Thus far only 10LB's have played in 3 games. LOL. Most recent game 8200426

As I understand it.
Lacking DL, LB should be the first to come in.
Lacking DB, LB should be the first then WR but this is not what is happening. I can also attest there is a big deduction when you have to use LB's for DL or DB's. I haven't seen that great of a deduction when using WR for RB or OL for TE.
1/12/2021 2:15 AM (edited)
Wow, talk about thinking out of the box!!! Snooptym that's really interesting. I was considering a all WB team that would be 100% run and recruit just RBs and OLs on offense. I wonder if the sub rules would limit this in any way like you are seeing. Hmmm, idk.
1/12/2021 5:40 AM
yeah buddy

three steps on the olympic podium
  1. winning
  2. pontificating
  3. breaking the sim

you get a new shiny penny
1/12/2021 6:01 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.